View Poll Results: Should Blizzard remove leveling?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Yes

35 14.96%
  • No

199 85.04%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Exclamation Leveling - Archaic tool

There's a problem with WoW. Too many levels and an archaic, boring and disconnected way to go through them.

The lore is all over the place, the player doesn't feel immersed in the universe they're supposed to be in. This is very problematic. Leveling is something most new players go through, if they dislike the experience, it's fair of them to believe the rest of the game is just as boring and disconnected.

It's about time Blizzard fixes this. The best way to accomplish this is to remove leveling altogether. Let's implement new, modern progression systems where new players can actually immerse themselves and learn the ins and outs of their class. Let's make the game interesting to new players instead of consistently milking the same old crowd that is becoming old and grumpy.

WoW needs new players. New prospects to keep it floating for years to come and once again prosper. Removing the archaic leveling pillar from WoW will unshackle developers. This in turn will make WoW, once again a pioneer in MMO history.

Even lore enthusiasts agree that leveling is an old system that, especially for WoW, needs a substitute. Because even lorewise, leveling is problematic. Quests feel disconnected and the world itself feels stitched together.

What do you think? Should we remove leveling and switch it for a modern player progression system?

Didn't you make the same thread word by word about guilds?

I guess it went so well huh.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post

Old systems should be replaced with better ones if WoW is to continue to be relevant in the MMO scene.

And what exactly is this new modern player progression system?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What are you on about, not only is WoW relevant, it is the MOST relevant. If it's not broke, don't fix it
    It most certainly is not. WoW is an old dog, it milks the playerbase but doesn't introduce new players

Deleted
    Removing? No, but rework it? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    And what exactly is this new modern player progression system?
    Great question.

Perhaps something more action oriented. Short but intense. Simple but deep.

7+ Year Old Account
    the worst part is tbc wotlk and cata (1-60) lvling. feels so boring. imo need revamp

Evil and good. Tragic and romance.

If someone is interested in wow lore they will learn to love the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Removing? No, but rework it? Yes.
    That's what they have been doing. Reworking it. That's how it became the current abomination.

Stitched together like a zombie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Evil and good. Tragic and romance.

If someone is interested in wow lore they will learn to love the game.
    Most people that play WoW are not interested in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Great question.

Sounds like mutually exclusive things.

TBQH, I haven't seen any good replacement for good ol' levelling in modern gaming so far. There's always some sort of "levelling", even if levels themselves aren't used in the game, you have to earn points, traits, etc, basically rebranded levels.

Deleted
    That's what they have been doing. Reworking it. That's how it became the current abomination.

Stitched together like a zombie

- - - Updated - - -

Most people that play WoW are not interested in the lore.

You have to understand that leveling is part of an RPG as it prepares the player to learn it's character/class and prepare him for end game content.

The leveling just needs to be completely reworked and not "updated".

We are in 2017 the game came out in 2005 it's normal to be in the state that it is since they rather focus on the "future" than retouching leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post

Yes, and epics, and Mythic, and RNG

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Great question.

They have that already, its called Overwatch and Heros of the Storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great question.

Perhaps you should offer a workable solution first...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Sounds like mutually exclusive things.

TBQH, I haven't seen any good replacement for good ol' levelling in modern gaming so far. There's always some sort of "levelling", even if levels themselves aren't used in the game, you have to earn points, traits, etc, basically rebranded levels.
    Level 110, it's silly.. it's going to keep rising.

Care to explain what makes it silly? There have been games with level caps far in excess of 1000 before WoW was even released.

It most certainly is not. WoW is an old dog, it milks the playerbase but doesn't introduce new players
    Neither does any other MMO. MMOs in general are declining. It's old, but still relevant.

New != better or relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They have that already, its called Overwatch and Heros of the Storm.
    That aren't those. Those games aren't WoW neither am I trying to make WoW into them. We need to remind ourselves that WoW is an old game that isn't gathering new players. It's milking the old ones to oblivion.

Why not take the things that makes those games appealing to new players and adapt it into WoW?

Because they are completely different games and it wouldn't work.

Deleted
    It most certainly is not.
    Mkay, I'll bite.

If WoW is not THE most relevant game in the MMO genre right now, as Bennett suggested, then what, in your opinion, is? Which game(s) should WoW model itself after in order to become relevant again? Which aspects (specific examples please, not just "Short but intense. Simple but deep.") would you like to see adapted to WoW?