Legendary Drop Rate

So after not having an active subscription for roughly 7months, I got 2 legendary items on 2 different characters last night. Does the drop rate increase if you don't play for a long period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    So after not having an active subscription for roughly 7months, I got 2 legendary items on 2 different characters last night. Does the drop rate increase if you don't play for a long period of time.
    No. The RNG of legendaries aren't affected by playtime, or lack of.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The chance to get your first and second legendary on a character is quite high now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The chance to get your first and second legendary on a character is quite high now.
    High? ...

Well last month I leveled 5 toons from 100 to 110 using invasion WQ..

Now I'm use doing LFR and WQ, I play ~2 hours everyday and still no leg.

Actually, I never got a 970 leg yet. I got some 940 and 910 only.

All about luck, always about luck.

Well, the drop chance for your first legendary is pretty high. I leveled 3 characters to 110 in the last 2 weeks and all of them have gotten their first legendary pretty quickly. One from the Broken Shore cache, one from the weekly mythic chest and the last one as a drop in Nighthold.

If you're only doing LFR and WQ it's pretty obvious that it takes longer for you to get your first legendary because you're doing neither mythic dungeons nor usual raids. But overall the chance for your first legendary is much higher than at the start of Legion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    High? ...

I'm not entirely sure I believe that as I've also leveled 5 characters in recent months, and on those alts I'd run emissaries and a heroic dungeon each day, and LFR on the first day or maybe a normal pug, and within a day or two I'd have my first legendary. Second I would have before the order hall upgrade for 2 legendaries was finished or just after.

High? ...

5 toons, 2 hours a day...24 mins a day per toon but still able to do WQ and LFR?

either there's some tauren shit going on here or you actually think 24 mins a day is going to get you a legendary then wonder why you aren't getting one?
    "I think one of the problems that Lucas Blizzard has now, in the Lucas Film Blizzard empire, is the fact that he doesn’t they don't have more people around him them who really challenge him them."

High? ...

You really must do the legendary content to get a legendary.

1. Run LFR to completion each week(if your ilvl is too low, upping that is priority)
    2. Doing daily emissary missions(4wq)
    3. Doing daily heroic dungeons
    4. Do the daily island turnin for 100 war supplies and open that chest
    5. Do a low level mythic+ to make sure you get your weekly chest

That will be enough to get you started. Then:

Start running normals and if you can heroics, for all legacy raids(nh, tov, en, nothing prior to legion though)
    Do one of each mythic+0 dungeon each week

I've recently ground out 4 legendaries to get my bracers doing this and I could predict like clockwork when my next one was due to drop within a couple of days. IMHO the weekly heroic chest is the biggest giver of lego chance and BLP, but that is anecdotal.

Either way, it is not pure luck. Bad luck protection is in the game, and if you are doing even the beginning of what I've stated above, law of large numbers will not let you go long without a lego. Especially if you have zero, you should get one on day one of doing all that crap.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-07-20 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Nope, I've grinded 2 weeks now since I turned 110 and havent seen a single of those Legendaries people take for granted this expansion.
    Hard to believe that if you did all of this in the last weeks.

I just straight don't believe people aren't getting at least within hours of getting 110. Every single alt I have that has hit 110 after the change has recieved theirs within about an hour of playtime of leveling and JUST doing the first 3 caches. I feel like they got a crap one and in their mind it's like they didn't get one so they don't admit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

1. Run LFR to completion each week(if your ilvl is too low, upping that is priority)

Start running normals and if you can heroics, for all legacy raids

I've recently ground out 4 legendaries to get my bracers doing this and I could predict like clockwork when my next one was due to drop within a couple of days. IMHO the weekly heroic chest is the biggest giver of lego chance and BLP, but that is anecdotal.

Either way, it is not pure luck. Bad luck protection is in the game, and if you are doing even the beginning of what I've stated above, law of large numbers will not let you go long without a lego. Especially if you have zero, you should get one on day one of doing all that crap.
    This is fairly accurate. If you've done all your weekly content for the week, you'll most likely get a leggo once a week, at worst. Not counting the weekly M+ chest, which commonly gives leggos.

As others have stated, getting your first 1 and maybe 2 leggos is fairly quick, most people get two within about a week. After that, it's a bit more sporadic. But generally if you stick to doing all your "leggo enabled content", you'll get one fairly predictably.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Start running normals and if you can heroics, for all legacy raids

when you say Legacy raids, you're talking about EN, ToV and NH yeah? cause the ones previous to those have no impact on legendary chances

What gave me always a legendary for my fresh toon:
    about 7x daily chests
    complete clear of lfr
    about 5 mythic dungeons

== nearly 100% droprate.

second legendary is about all above x 2.

On my warlock alt I finished class mount and concordance before seeing first legendary. About 3 weeks after hitting max level. This includes doing caches every 3 days, doing broken shore supply caches, running EN normal farm raids, doing mythic+, weekly m+ chest, buying relinquished with nethershards.

On the 3rd week, I finally got first legendary. Goddamn fucking idiot useless fucking motherfucking idiotic PORTAL legs. Complete and utter garbage system.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    when you say Legacy raids, you're talking about EN, ToV and NH yeah? cause the ones previous to those have no impact on legendary chances
    Correct, will edit my original post.

Deleted
    I got my 5th legendary today, 3 weeks after my 4th. I did almost everything, including nether portal farm to the daily cap.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I did a /played and apparently I exaggerated a bit, I got to 110 last friday and since I've played 1 day 21 hours 56 minutes.
    That is in my opinion still quite a bit without getting any legendary (done all LFR's two resets now for example).

Guess Im just unlucky.
    This is possible, you are certainly due if it is your first legendary, but just remember to do the other things as well. Your goal is to get a huge number of these chances accumulated. BLP ramps up much quicker(or is innately applied to) your first 2 legendaries, so it should happen rather quickly. Remember that to get the lego's to once every 2 weeks, I needed to run lfr, weekly chest, do all raids on normal and heroic, do emissary, do island turnin each day, do a daily heroic dungeon, get my 500 war supplies mission, and run mythic+0 along with my regular raiding each weekend. Your work on the first two will be less, but if you want to get subsequent ones in a timely manner you will need to do all those things over multiple weeks just to get 1.

It's not about luck, it's about grinding. Over the course of your 12, it will level out I promise you, and your "luck" will fall within average. Nobody gets lucky over 12 legos, there are too many rolls needed, so the average for everyone is probably very close(unless they got in at the beginning of the xpak when lego chance got screwed up and blizz finally patched but did not take them away).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I got my 5th legendary today, 3 weeks after my 4th. I did almost everything, including nether portal farm to the daily cap.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Bold. I have to draw the line somewhere, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-07-20 at 05:04 PM.

Got my first legos on 3 differents alts this week by killing the 2 world bosses.
    Two of them were level 110 since the begening of Legion, wich I sopped playing since january and the other one hit level 110 since 3 or 4 weeks

Also 3 weeks ago I turned 110 on my shamman, went to kill the Word boss Withered Jim and I got the legendary Shamman class ring.