Deleted

Returning Player on Class and Lore

I'm in need of assistance and guidance to select a class, appropriate to my previous characters in regard to the current content, such as game-play and current lore, in consideration of the lore which I find most appealing; in line with my penchant for raiding.

Brief Introduction
    I've been playing WoW ever since Vanilla with a couple minor periods afking due to IRL, thus I've been profoundly experiencing several aspects the game, during a longer period; further bearing in mind to my zelous nature of emerging myself into penchant things. As you can imagine, a growing concern to my faculties to satisfactory balance IRL with my zelous gaming acivities, were starting to become ever more prominent amongst people, whom I cared about in my social environment. Therefor a social interventation was carried out, due to the pressing needs of IRL, such as education and girlfriends, which I had conspiciously neglected; forcing me to lenghten my afk time, yet I remained unreluctant to take a break, especially a lenghtened afk time. The collective demand being presented and explicitly stated, in terms of the scope of time and duties being dependent on my capacity to fullfil my IRL obligations, caused me to take a break of almost 5 years - the extended break started in early Cata.
    It is somewhat a sad story, however, I'm convinced that I am not the sole case being forced into taking breaks from the game, certainly not an extensive one in respect to the lengthy period of being active.
    Final remark, I've always been an avid raider. The more difficult and challenging the greater the reward, I'm especially penchant of being the first amongst the community in general, to explore a raid and to defeat a boss.

Previous Characters
    It is most convenient to declare my characters in chronological order, aswell as declaring, which areas of the game, the characters have been actively used to; accordingly it follows.
    Vanilla
    Main: Hunter; PvE, PvP.
    Alts: Warlock, PvE; Shaman, PvE; Rogue, PvP.
    Commments: I did try every class. My hunter was my cup of tea due to the fact of he was my first character to reach level 60, and the enjoyment I had from kiting in both PvE and PvP. Furthermore, the burst from aimed shot and great mobility catered to my needs. I didn't take too much notice about the lore, however, the hunter class did embody the indepedent adventurer excelling at surviving.

TBC
    Main: Priest, PvE, PvP.
    Alts: Warlock, PvP; Hunter, PvE, PvP.
    Comments: The drastic and chaotic order being presented in TBC, caused me to pay further attention to the lore - the events of TBC vividly restructured the environment, thus changing my perception of lore from being static to more dynamic. Through its impact of the game, ideas of being a good guy began to entertain me of alleviating the world from the increasing influence of corruption, by means aiming to reach a restoration of the world order. The concept of the priest and what was inherent of the playstyle and lore, compared to other healers, were the principal reasons of my decision, mentioned above. The Paladin class felt somewhat more combat oriented. Furthermore it seemed as if the magic source of nature was not, as pure source as light. Shadow priest was not an intended choice, however it grew on me, especially during PvP; and I found myself playing Warlock in PvP to channel encompassing evil into pure destruction.

WotLk
    Main: Warrior, PvE, PvP.
    Alt: Druid, Pve, PvP; Priest, sub-alt;
    Comments: The lore and me not having played a tank, combined with the needs of the guild to whom I belonged to in urgent need of a tank, made start a prot warrior for the sole intention of progressing raids. The lore being presented appertained to magic being harmful, even with the most pure and noble intentions in mind. Thus ruling out DK as tank and to some extent Paladin, due to the close semblance of Arthas. Furthermore were feral druids not necessarily actively invoking magic, aswell as being adaptive to changes and fullfil many class roles, caused me to start a feral druid in regard to the limited time, rather the demands of IRL and raiding.

Cataclysm
    Main: Druid, PvE, PvP;
    Alts: Warrior, PvE; Shaman, PvE; Mage, PvE; Paladin, PvP; Priest, PvP.
    Comments: Druids, just seemed to be spot on in regard to the lore. Shamans were highly appropriate and deemed fit, however, I had grewn accostumed to my Druid. Frankly, I felt that the lore was somewhat off. As mentioned above, I did not thoroughly complete the expansion.

MoP and WoD
    Did not play.

Current Issue
    Lore
    I have not read up on the lore, neither from MoP and WoD nor from Legion. Guidance in connection to previous expansions, would be highly appreciated. I have read some parts and grasped the basic concept and background of the current expansion. I am far from familiar with the upcoming changes being prominent in 7.3.
    My request is that you provide essential information of the lore pertaining to the issues being presented in this thread, perchance you'd like to discuss previous lore. I will hold any discussions of lore in high regard.

Game-Play
    I have read other threads in this forum, and other websites, which is much enticing to get started already. The only issue here lies in specific areas of following classes:
    Mage, Arcane in general, raiding and PvP;
    Rogue, satisfaction and difficulty to play as melee in raids;
    Priest, general inquiries.

Expectations
    I have an affinity for the logical, and I am a zelous person, who enjoy order and harmonisation of different elements, within the domain of what is being pursued.
    Hence everything related to World of Warcraft, such as lore, aesthetics and flow of the game, is of great interest to me. Since I took a much unfortunate break, I'm struggling with finding a solution apt to my need of continuation, from my previous position. Thus I'd like to syncretize the fragments from before, namely my characters and lore, to constitute the effect of them being more vivid and dynamic. In other words, I desire to continue my experience of WoW and not start completly a new, not seeing an abrupt end to my previous encounters made by characters - the game-mechanics being of subsequent nature.
    My priest have been my most trustworthy companion, secondly my Warrior and my Druid is my most recent character being focused in Cata, finally is my first hunter the most nostalgic.
    How would Priest suit the current expansion, in respect to what I've mentioned above, such as lore and my perception of the game. Are they fun to play and heal as?
    What changes have been introduced to the Warrior since Cata? How do you think a Draenei warrior they fit into the lore?
    How would Druids suit the expansion and 7.3., as well as upcoming expansion, namely Argus? What changes have been introduced since Cata to feral dps and tank?
    Finally, Hunters! I know a lot of changed. I'd just like to know what you would think of a goblin hunter, if the upcoming expansion would have a maritime theme.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort to support an old veteran!

7+ Year Old Account
    Based on the time and effort into that post, I feel bad for you because of what's coming your way, via this thread.

Deleted
    Before the threads get closed I'll just quickly recommend the priest. Lots of lore, tie-ins to paladin stories and solid bit of hints towards the future for the shadowpriest. Also, according to the authority on healing, holy is very engaging and satisfying right now, especially in raids.

Deleted
    Unholy DK.
    WW Monk.
    Shadow Priest.

Feral is about to be reformed, at the moment its the most unforgiving, attention and blitz reaction requiring spec.