[HELP] Prot Pally in need of assistance

Hey All,

Just cleared last night and I'm now 8/9Heroic TOS! Yay!
    However, after the raid, my guild leaders decided to have an intervention with me and say my tanking is a problem.

Would someone be so kind as to take a look at some logs, and my gear, and possibly see if there is something obvious I'm missing? It just seems sometimes, I'm squishy and die very very quickly.

warcraftlogs (Had to post it without the actual link because its my first post):
    /reports/wazkQGYfRHB4Pc8v/

Thanks in advance.

Without taking the time to look at your logs, just keep in mind that this patch pallies are weaker tanks. We have the some of the highest active mitigation (with >50% available on demand pretty much all the time) which comes at the expensive of low HP pool and shitty mitigation between actives. It's pretty common for a pally tank to be tanking Heroic KJ and just get 2 shot outside of felclaws because we are just squishy without SotR or CDs up. There is a reason why most top guilds are running Brews and Bears.

Don't use First Avenger and legendary legs - forget about DPS, your top priority is surviving. Goroth, DI, Avatar and KJ - they all hit you like truck.
    Avatar - equip legendary helm and ring, use BoSW on p2 to help someone survive dark mark debuff, or Cavalier to move Maiden faster on p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhold View Post
    Don't use First Avenger and legendary legs - forget about DPS, your top priority is surviving. Goroth, DI, Avatar and KJ - they all hit you like truck.
    Avatar - equip legendary helm and ring, use BoSW on p2 to help someone survive dark mark debuff, or Cavalier to move Maiden faster on p1.
    unless of course like me the doesn't have helm, ring, or shoulders...... Thus i always caveat those bits of advice with if you have them Cause i know it sucks to be told use this and its cake.. and i'm like yeah don't have it....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    unless of course like me the doesn't have helm, ring, or shoulders...... Thus i always caveat those bits of advice with if you have them Cause i know it sucks to be told use this and its cake.. and i'm like yeah don't have it....
    I know that feel, bro. Got all legendaries for my prot pally - and legs was last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhold View Post
    I know that feel, bro. Got all legendaries for my prot pally - and legs was last one.
    it sucks helm/ shoulders are so needed for HC KJ
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    it sucks helm/ shoulders are so needed for HC KJ
    Helm is useless for HC KJ, ring / shoulders or ring / trinket is much better.

And equip armor trinkets Nerubian husk (if you have) and buy darkmoon immortality card the felclaws will be trivial after those.
    Also there is barely any point in blessed hammer, fellclaws are NOT considered a autoattack so it does not reduce damage - if you are running with holy shield ring - use consecrated hammer to receive guaranteed benefit of consecration.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the guy posted logs and you give him generic advice on things he is already doing . . . (he is not using seraphim, he already is using DM:Immortality)

Ok first things first. Your consecration uptime is bad. You are missing a significant amount of mitigation due to that.
    I've seen this in many logs, you are often unloading all your ShoR charges at the pull. Is it for threat? Usually positioning is reasonably stable in ToS so it's not like significant damage is going out while people are getting into place. I can see at least one log on Avatar when you run out of charges for ShoR this way right before a damage spike.

You are using your cooldowns but you could be using them more. At Heroic level you should be planning the use of AD and Eye of Tyr ahead of time so you can use them proactively for damage spikes even if those are not telegraphed. You have Guardian and Taunt-Bubble for an absolute oh shit moment (or an unbending potion, it is AMAZING with all the physical damage this tier)

As for KJ there are multiple threads on this already; you need to plan ahead your cooldowns and enter felclaws with at least two charges of ShoR. It is tighter for us than for other tanks but it is perfectly doable with planning.
    Thanks for the response! Appreciate you looking at the logs. I'll definitely try to keep consecration up all the time, and manage my SHoR charges a bit better.

Cheers!