Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    His kit looks okaysh, tough kinda strange... given that hes supposed to be Hellscream, was expecting pure damage, or at least an option for it...

Also why Garrosh, why not Grom? His father is legendary and with WOD even most wow people should know him by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah it's cata garrosh. I'm glad. He's a full tank though so that sucks, doesnt fit him at all. I just hope there's a way to build him for significant damage like muradin.

Does anyone feel like his E's targeting system is clunky? Imagine how hard it would be to toss someone that's surrounded by minions. They'd have to be afk for you to toss them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Ah it's cata garrosh. I'm glad. He's a full tank though so that sucks, doesnt fit him at all. I just hope there's a way to build him for significant damage like muradin.

Does anyone feel like his E's targeting system is clunky? Imagine how hard it would be to toss someone that's surrounded by minions. They'd have to be afk for you to toss them.
    Just as hard to heal a hero surrounded by minions i suppose. There is targeting priority towards heroes over minions for some skills. You also can download dota right now and practice it on Tiny honestly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I actually agree, a Sha inspired Garrosh would have been way cooler than generic warrior, I don't think there's any Sha related stuff in hots yet is there?
    Yeah, we're distinctly lacking in any heroes that draw their power from Old Gods.

Frankly I'm disappointed he was even added, even more so that they went with the non-corrupted version of him. We already have enough bloody orcs, we didn't need another one without there being at least something interesting about him; we still don't have any Eredar or Draenei, but we're up to 5 orcs now. It isn't even due to a lack of notable Draenei or Eredar, between Akama/Kil'jaeden/Archimonde/Maraad/Yrel/Velen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you sane? What about his kits says to you "a defender-kind of a character"? He fucking lobs his teammates and enemies into the fray, decimates enemies, heals HIMSELF, armours up HIMSELF (and i can't stress this enough - armour IS THE WARRIORS THING, they wear fucking PLATE, they are tanky BY DEFINITION)
    garrosh doesn't even wear a shirt he does not wear plate he is not a tank.

I like the flip. My favorite thing to do in the game is murdering people with Diablo's flip behind gates or charging them into towers. This seems like a better version of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just as hard to heal a hero surrounded by minions i suppose. There is targeting priority towards heroes over minions for some skills. You also can download dota right now and practice it on Tiny honestly...
    E pickup isn't targetted - you target where you wanna throw, and Garrosh picks up the closest thing to him and lobs it.

So someone camping a minion wave means that unless Garrosh squeezes into just the right spot, he'll chuck the closest minion.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I like the flip. My favorite thing to do in the game is murdering people with Diablo's flip behind gates or charging them into towers. This seems like a better version of that.
    Yeah, that's what I immediately thought of as well.

Are you sane? What about his kits says to you "a defender-kind of a character"? He fucking lobs his teammates and enemies into the fray, decimates enemies, heals HIMSELF, armours up HIMSELF
    I feel like this bears repeating, too. After watching the video, I think they managed to make Garrosh into a tank character while still making him very aggressive in character. It suits him, and provides another hero for a much needed role.

I'm also personally glad that they opted not to include any references to the Sha or Iron Horde; it leaves me hopeful that we're getting Cata Garrosh after all, and not "Orc Hitler" from the later expansions.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

And here i thought my favorite WoW character was gonna bring me back to HoTs. That kit is the very definition of disappointment, it has nothing to do with Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    His kit looks okaysh, tough kinda strange... given that hes supposed to be Hellscream, was expecting pure damage, or at least an option for it...

Also why Garrosh, why not Grom? His father is legendary and with WOD even most wow people should know him by now.
    Garrosh is a much bigger character than Grom. Get over it.

Good, basing Garrosh on the Siege encounter would have been boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post

Garrosh is a much shittier character than Grom. Get over it.
    Noticed a typo.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my luck, I'm going to be the Abathur that gets thrown into a team fight by a trolling Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    E pickup isn't targetted - you target where you wanna throw, and Garrosh picks up the closest thing to him and lobs it.

So someone camping a minion wave means that unless Garrosh squeezes into just the right spot, he'll chuck the closest minion.
    Yes, that's how it works with Tiny toss, this targeting mechanic existed for decades now, it's not hard and it will most likely prioritize heroes. Can't see how this can be considered hard.
    It just require a little awareness of how close to who your character model is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    garrosh doesn't even wear a shirt he does not wear plate he is not a tank.
    I'm fairly sure that his armour falls into plate category of wow fantasy, he is a warrior, they are armoured, no matter how slutmoggy they look. The thing is - he gets hit and he becomes more resilient - that's the point, that's the fluff, how you interpret this is up to you (yes you can picture him that he straps armour plates to his body each time his health drops, it's up to you). But it doesn't change the fact that warriors are supposed to be tanky, if they are not tanky - they are rangers, swashbucklers, rogues for fucks sake. If a warrior can't take a hit - he is not a warrior - those who can take hits - are tanky. It's that simple really.

Screw it, how do i even imgur
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-07-27 at 05:16 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Level 1
    [Q] Warbreaker
    Quest: Pull Heroes with Groundbreaker

Reward: After pulling 5 Heroes, Groundbreaker deal san additional 150 damage over 3 seconds to Heroes. After pulling 15 Heroes, reduce Groundbreaker’s cooldown by 3 seconds.

[E] Unrivaled Strength
    Increase Wrecking Ball’s throw range by 20% and its damage by 100%

[Active] Body Check
    Activate to deal 111 damage to a target enemy and Slow them by 30% for 3 seconds. Damage is increased by 200% of Armor Up’s current bonus, and the Slow amount is increased by 30% if Armor Up’s bonus is above 25.

Level 4
    [W] In for the Kill
    Increase Bloodthirst’s damage against non-Heroes by 60% Killing enemies with Bloodthirst resets its cooldown and refunds its Mana cost.

[Passive] Thirst for Battle
    Basic Attacks against Heroes reduce the cooldown of Bloodthirst by 2 seconds.

[Active] Indomitable
    Activate to become Unstoppable for 1.5 seconds.

Level 7
    [Q] Intimidation
    Groundbreaker reduces the Attack Speed of Heroes hit by 40% for 4 seconds.

[Active] Brute Force
    Enemies hit by Body Check receive 50% reduced healing for 4 seconds.

[Passive] Oppressor
    Basic Attacks against Heroes reduce the target’s Spell Power by 40% for 2.5 seconds.

[Active] Into the Fray
    Activate to throw a nearby ally and grant them 25 Armor for 3 seconds. Deals 91 damage to nearby enemies upon impact and Slows them by 30% for 2.5 seconds. While in flight, allied Heroes are Unstoppable.

Level 10
    [R1]Warlord’s Challenge
    Silence nearby Heroes and force them to attack Garrosh 1.5 seconds.

[R2]Decimate
    Deal 50 damage to nearby enemies and Slow them by 30% for 1.5 seconds. Deals 100% more damage to Heroes, and each Hero hit reduces the cooldown by 1 second. Stores up to 3 charges.

Level 13
    [Q] Defensive Measures
    Pulling a Hero with Groundbreaker grants Garrosh a 350 Shield for 6 seconds.

[W] Bloodcraze
    When hitting a Hero, Bloodthirst heals for an additional 10% of Garrosh’s maximum Health over 3 seconds.

[Trait - D] Double Up
    Armor Up can be activated to increase its Armor bonus by 100% for 3 seconds.

Level 16
    [Q] Rough Landing
    Heroes pulled by Groundbreaker are Slowed by 50% for 3 seconds.

[Q] Mortal Combo
    If Wrecking Ball is used on a Hero within 2 seconds of pulling them with Groundbreaker, Wrecking Ball’s cooldown is reduced by 10 seconds.

[E] Earthshaker
    Wrecking Ball Stuns enemies near the impact area for 0.75 seconds.

Level 20
    [R1] Death Wish
    Increase the duration of Warlord’s Challenge by 0.5 seconds. If an enemy Hero is killed while affected by Warlord’s challenge, its cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds.

[R2] Deadly Calm
    Heroes hit by Decimate deal 20% less damage for 3 seconds.

[E] Titanic Might
    Wrecking Ball now throws the 2 closest enemies.

[Active] Inner Rage
    Body Check gains an additional charge, and its cooldown recharges 100% faster while Armor Up’s bonus is at or above 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    With my luck, I'm going to be the Abathur that gets thrown into a team fight by a trolling Garrosh.
    I guess they'll finally implement "disable help" option...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's how it works with Tiny toss, this targeting mechanic existed for decades now, it's not hard and it will most likely prioritize heroes. Can't see how this can be considered hard.
    Watch the video. It doesnt prioritise heroes.

Towards the end it showcased Garrosh accidently picking up a stray minion that wandered a little too close right before he used E
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Wow Garrosh looks INCREDIBLY boring. How exceptionally disappointing. Not even a sha-skin. They literally had a template of how to make him not just another "Warcraft Warrior" and they instead just do it.

No Iron Star/Sha ultimates. His taunt ultimate is just a slightly shorter, but way better due to AOE, one that Varian has. How inspired. Garrosh is less of a tank hero lorewise than Varian is, so it makes no sense that he'd be a warrior. They really, really phoned it in for this hero.

Even with my problems with HotS usually most of their heroes are different and/or interesting. This seems like a hero they made during beta instead of this long post-release.

"Shit we need to pump out a hero so whatever just stick a bunch of boring crap on Garrosh and push him out."
    It makes sense for him to be a warrior..but his abilities aren't even classic warrior, they disappoint me greatly.

Explain to me how warriors armouring up is doesn't make sense?
    What armor does Garrosh fucking have on?...Really nothing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm pretty disappointed as well. The kit is fine, but it has nothing to do with Garrosh.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It just require a little awareness of how close to who your character model is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly sure that his armour falls into plate category of wow fantasy, he is a warrior, they are armoured, no matter how slutmoggy they look. The thing is - he gets hit and he becomes more resilient - that's the point, that's the fluff, how you interpret this is up to you (yes you can picture him that he straps armour plates to his body each time his health drops, it's up to you). But it doesn't change the fact that warriors are supposed to be tanky, if they are not tanky - they are rangers, swashbucklers, rogues for fucks sake. If a warrior can't take a hit - he is not a warrior - those who can take hits - are tanky. It's that simple really.

Screw it, how do i even imgur
    only plate he wears is the front of his boots (backs are different not plate) bracers and his belt. you could argue the one shoulder to. if you wanna use terms like ranger or swashbuckler then garrosh would be a berserker not a warrior.

hes alot closer to this.

then this

with that in mind i have no problem with his taking less damage as he takes damage but he is in no way a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What armor does Garrosh fucking have on?...Really nothing.
    That isn't armour? Really? If anything he is more armoured than Stitches or Chen or Cho or ETC or Sonya... Lack of chest armour is kinda covered by him wielding a two handed axe, he has all his vital spots covered, the only thing he is exposed to is someone stabbing him in the back or mounted with a spear, which kinda fits his fighting "style"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    only plate he wears is the front of his boots (backs are different not plate) bracers and his belt. you could argue the one shoulder to. if you wanna use terms like ranger or swashbuckler then garrosh would be a berserker not a warrior.

with that in mind i have no problem with his taking less damage as he takes damage but he is in no way a tank.
    Berserkers are warriors. Warrior is a broad definition, berserker is a specific one. The fact that he is armoured enough to cover his weak spots, while not limiting his mobility and utilizing his orcish brute strength and durability says that he is a warrior. He is classified as a warrior and he can take the beating while displacing enemies all over the place - he is a warrior.