Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • SJW

49 56.98%
  • Alt-Right

37 43.02%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They are both cancer, but at the very least the SJW are somewhat well-intentioned, even if repugnant in approach and terribly naive. There is nothing redeeming in the Alt-Right other than breaking them down to their constituent carbon atoms for reuse elsewhere.

If we define them by their official definitions(alt-right being actual white supremacists and not just internet trolls or anti-sjw's), I loathe the alt-right. Absolutely. However, some media and people online call anti-sjw's or people that disagree with the progressive mindset alt-right. And in that case, I dislike sjw's more. I do not hate them though, I just think they are very misguided. I agree with some of their goals, but I 100% disagree with their methods. I am not against social justice per se, but I am against social justice warriors.

I don't see alt right people disrupting anything other than internet discussions. Sjws block traffic, enforce segregation at universities and promote anti white behaviors. The alt right as it's currently defined is just magnetized internet autism

Alt right makes way better memes.

On a more serious note, it is hard to decide as the terms are very loosely defined.

At the end of the day, SJWs want enforced equity and I think this is one of the most dangerous ideas around.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-07-20 at 06:37 PM.

Hypothetically speaking I'd choose "SJWs" - good intentions, shitty execution. But realistically speaking, neither.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

By the definitions put up here, I'm pretty sure the Civil Rights movement would've been seen as a horde of annoying SJWs by you lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this, as an option:

https://youtu.be/PGqB6JIUzBo
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    By the definitions put up here, I'm pretty sure the Civil Rights movement would've been seen as a horde of annoying SJWs by you lot...
    Essentially yes.

"Look I get that MLK and them want equal rights and all that but they're blocking the road so I think I'm going to side with the racists now"

Both rather intolerable, but I'll side with SJW's. At least you can just put earphones on and stop listening them bitch about everything.

SJWs, the alt-right would purge me.

Probably the alt right, SJWs tend to be more destructive in their methods.

SJW's at least nominally care about something.

The alt right is nothing more than a rage factory; they're defined by what they're against. So fuck the alt right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Having to force a gun to my ahead? Alt-Right it is, though both groups are terrible in their own right. Reactionary and toxic to the over-all message. Though the majority of my views are center-field. There's enough right-leaning views where I'd be considered such.

Though this collective mind-set is exactly why nobody is getting anywhere, burning bridges, not building them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Social justice isn't inherently bad, it's actually a good thing. It's the excess, the overzealous practice that make it unbearable. Feminism for example. It's perfectly ok to advocate equality of right between men and women, but lately the 3rd wave feminism movement has been pushing women privileges and demands far beyond simple equality.

Alt right, according to wikipedia, is a white supremacy movement. By definition seeking supremacy of a race (the white race) over another is not seeking equality. I don't think there is any redeeming quality for this kind of movement.

So if i had to chose i'd be more in favor of SJW since i would never see eye to eye with a white supremacy movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    One happens to be based on a good idea gone bad, while the other is based on a bad idea gone worse.
    'Bad idea gone worse' has to be the best summary of the alt right that I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Poll:
    Option 1 : Stab yourself in the right eye.
    Option 2 : Stab yourself in the left eye.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Two sides of the same coin.

One hates everyone but themselves the other hates themselves.

Both are destructive. One will destroy themselves to appease others. Others will destroy everything other then them to protect themselves.

I won't explain which one is which.
    Pretty spot on imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    SJWs have no political power.
    Alt-right does in various countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're both really really really REALLY bad.

But if I had to pick, the SJWs. At least they possess good intentions, even if they go about it in a retarded way.

The alt-right is literally fueled by pure antagonism. There's no virtues that the alt-right stands for. They're just reactionary antagonism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    One happens to be based on a good idea gone bad, while the other is based on a bad idea gone worse.
    This is about as good a summary as you can get in one sentence.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Neither ideally.

If it was life or death, at least SJWs mostly stick to their safe spaces and Twitter where they congratulate each other on how virtuous they are. Alt-right are under the delusion that most people secretly agree with them and shout their shit from every available rooftop while being butthurt as soon as anybody expresses disagreement or has a contrary opinion.