Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Mental Illness does not care if you have kids or millions of fans. His brain was not thinking correctly.
    i think sending him to pediatric oncology where kids have 2 months of life would fix him fast, in like 2 mins

I saw them way back at Rock am Ring 2001.

Hell of a show and I listened to their albums so much back then. A lot of their songs hit home for me back then and still do.

Sad to see a good one go.

RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Not that it's in any way relevant to this thread but Cobain was terribly overrated. Even in his own band he was the least talented.
    Kurt was high overrated to me. But I must say everything he recorded after 1994 was his best work. Hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Like 50 WoW pvp videos with this on YouTube.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Damn Hybrid Theory was big when I was a lad, big in the skate scene.

Pretty devastated.

This one hits harder than any other I've been around for.

Great vocalist, I really enjoyed his music. But, now he pulls a dick move and screws up his children's lives forever. 6 kids that will always wonder why their dad would rather be dead than come home to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    Great vocalist, I really enjoyed his music. But, now he pulls a dick move and screws up his children's lives forever. 6 kids that will always wonder why their dad would rather be dead than come home to them.
    I just gotta say, nobody ever committed suicide because things were just kind of a bummer right now. There's a darkness that leads to this that most people, thank God, can't understand.

My heart feels heavy today. While I haven't listened to them for years now, I listened to Linkin Park so much during my teen years, they were the first band I got REALLY into. Of course I didn't read too deep into the lyrics, I was honestly too young to really get it. But it sounded angry, and I was angry. It helped me cope with some pretty terrible things that happened to me during those years. Hell, I still know all the words to all of the songs on their first three albums.

Despite the fact that I haven't kept up with them in years, the news still hit me really hard. Rest in Peace Chester.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    i think sending him to pediatric oncology where kids have 2 months of life would fix him fast, in like 2 mins
    It wouldn't, misery isn't quantifiable. Instead, they would feel their problems aren't "big enough" to justify seeking help and end up at square one. The person you quoted was right, mental illness doesn't care how good your life looks on paper.

It's both a blessing and a curse that people don't understand how someone could do this. It's unfortunate that people see it as a selfish act, or cowardly. The sad reality is that dark thoughts and traumas just follow you through life, and they LOVE to make an appearance when you're at your lowest. Not to mention, if someone has attempted suicide or self harm, no matter how much treatment they get, it will never cease to be an option when at those low points.

This is why it is so important imo to try and help people understand why this can become an option for others. Brushing it off as a cowardly/selfish act just contributes to this mental health stigma that is still out there (although treated much better these days I will admit).
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

wasn't the biggest fan of his music but I respect talented singers and he was up there with the best of them. Fucking sucks, OJ gets out and this? Fuck this day.

Rest in peace.

This is sad, i grew up listening to Linkin Park and obviously Chester. Eventually outgrew their music, but they will always hold a place in my heart.

Some very edgy neckbeards without any form of sympathy or respect in this thread, must have been bullied one too many times in school or there must not be enough airflow in your basement dwelling if you feel the need to shit on a dead person.

10+ Year Old Account
    so sad, way too young, and another talent the world will miss.....the music world has taken a hard hit these past few years /sigh - RIP and may his journey into whatever is out there after life be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    I have a VERY hard stance on suicide. And I have had friends attempt suicide, and friends commit suicide. My stance hasn't changed. Suicide is the "oh woe is me, no one has it as bad as I do, and no one will ever understand" self entitled stance. No one understands what they are going through because they don't seek help, they don't talk to family and friends, and ultimately they hurt those who love them more then they were hurting before the killed themselves.
    You seem to have your mind made up, so if this post doesn't soften your stance then hopefully it will someone else.

First and foremost, unless you've personally experienced depression (and I do not mean the "blues") you cannot comprehend what it's like because your brain is not ill. I've suffered from it (diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, severe & ongoing) since childhood and I've yet to successfully impart upon anyone mentally healthy how horrific it is. There is an overwhelming amount of guilt associated with it. Outsiders see it as being selfish, but I viewed myself as an emotional and financial void. I drained everything from everyone. I was plagued with thoughts of how much better their lives would be without me. They'd be free, happy, prosperous.

Friends and family have to go through the torture of questioning if they were the cause, or if they could have done something to prevent it. Those people go through life second guessing a lot of things because soem selfish twat decides that their pain is too much to endure.
    Not mine. I've always been very transparent with loved ones. When I felt suicidal I would do everything I could to make sure they knew it wasn't their fault and that there was nothing they could do. Also, suicide is terrifying. There's nothing "easy" about it. The times I attempted or otherwise came close I was in a state of panic. Uncontrollable tears, hyperventilation. It's not like the movies where someone calmly takes a handful of pills and goes to sleep.

If you cared about them, you'd seek help, ty to talk it out, or even seek treatment.
    Is 20+ years enough for you? Multiple psychiatrists, psychologists, antidepressants, therapy. I even volunteered as a study subject at a psychiatric hospital because conventional treatment was not effective. I had transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), which ended up exacerbating mine. Literally the only two options left for me were ECT (a.k.a. electroshock therapy) and deep brain stimulation, which is where they drill holes into your skull and attach electrodes directly into the brain. Couldn't afford ECT and didn't qualify to receive the latter.

I'm not sure what people who've exhausted all their options are expected to do other than apparently suffer the rest of their lives with endless, indescribable pain. Granted, my experience may be on the extreme side of the spectrum. I've met "high functioning" depressives who've had success simply with an antidepressant, but it should never be assumed it's that easy for everyone. Depression varies widely per individual.

And there are a LOTof brave people out there who are dealing with their shit instead of taking the easy way out. Kudos to them! Those who commit suicide should simply be forgotten, no rememberances, no memorials, no homage, nothing, simply forget they even existed, cause they couldn't even be bothered to exist.
    You make it sound like this is an insult, it was my wish. I wanted to be forgotten and to never have existed. I felt like every life I touched I made exponentially worse.

Plus, you have to consider the burden we (the depressed) place on others. You've only mentioned friends, it's very different with family. When all they're exposed to is you in crisis 24/7 they're not allowed a moment's respite from your suffering. They can't have any emotional issues of their own because there's no room for it. When they're sad or angry it makes you feel worse, if they're happy you'll quickly make them unhappy (which also makes you feel worse). There's no winning and this can go on indefinitely. It seems comparatively cruel to condemn the people you love to a life sentence of that as opposed to releasing them. Grief is surmountable, the same can't always be said of depression.

Lastly, I want to emphasize that depression is biochemical. The brain is an organ just like any other in the body and it is susceptible to illness. The fact that it controls thoughts and emotions as opposed to breathing or blood flow is inconsequential. It absolutely does not mean you have any conscious control of it whatsoever. Nobody would ever choose to feel this way. Anyone with depression reading this: it is not your fault, you are not a bad person. Public understanding of depression is abysmally low. Most people have no idea what they're talking about and, even if their heart's in the right place, their advice often does more harm than good. Do not let their ignorance get to you.
    Last edited by Lane; 2017-07-21 at 06:02 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a real shame...even with their changes of music I could still find something I liked of LP's

RIP Chester, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Reported for trolling.
    To some, your profile pic could be considered trolling.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    oh wow this sucks a lot. but suicide doesn't surprise me. being a musician on such a scale does something with you.
    No, being abused (violently, psychologically, sexually or all together) by subhuman genetic filth does something with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very sad loved their music. I hope others find a way out of this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This new hit me hard when I heard it earlier. I started thinking back of how I would play their songs on a burned CD from a friend, listened to their songs constantly throughout middle school. Even today, their songs are a part of my Pandora station and won't ever leave.

This song I can't ever get tired of:

What really get's me was learning of his abuse. From age 7 to 13, and not pursuing the case because the abuser was also abused...what a fucking cycle.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-07-21 at 06:35 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.