Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have no sympathy for someone that takes their life when they had 6 children to think of.That just shows how selfish the person was.One of his children was 6 years old smh its pathetic :*(

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by this thread there's clearly a lack of understanding of mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Judging by this thread there's clearly a lack of understanding of mental health.
    Nah, dude. Everyone who commits suicide is just looking for the easy way out! It's as simple as that, and it makes me feel better about myself to mock and look down on them!
    sarcasm. obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    No, i understand it clearly.I just have no sympathy like I said for selfish people that clearly were only thinking of themselves.Suicide is terrible and I am sick of seeing people just writing it off like it's no big deal.Like we should be sorry for the person that killed themself.Look at how much pain they leave behind.They took the easy way out and left everyone else to suffer for it.That just shows how pathetic they were.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    No, i understand it clearly.I just have no sympathy like I said for selfish people that clearly were only thinking of themselves.Suicide is terrible and I am sick of seeing people just writing it off like it's no big deal.Like we should be sorry for the person that killed themself.Look at how much pain they leave behind.They took the easy way out and left everyone else to suffer for it.That just shows how pathetic they were.
    Please tell me exactly what is going through someone's mind when they're on the verge of suicide.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Please tell me exactly what is going through someone's mind when they're on the verge of suicide.
    That they're a burden on everyone around them and that the best solution is to remove themselves from the equation to make everyone else better.

That's literally it. Part of combating someone who is suicidal is talking to them and finding out more about them and then convince them that they're valuable to someone or something else and after they put off killing themselves, getting them some help.

Edit: It still doesn't make me feel bad for the person who suicided, I feel bad for their family that they left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Suicide is terrible and we should feel terrible for the people left behind. We should also feel terrible for the person who saw no other way to end his pain than to end his life. It is not as if someone who hangs himself is thinking clearly and rationally, that is why it is called mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    No we get that you think it's that easy. It's just that you're wrong about it.
    It's easier for someone with unlimited resources and means than someone without, which was the point. I've never said depression can be solved with money, or that it's something you can just "fix." I said it's disgusting to be holding this guy up like he was some hopeless individual who had no way out.

I get that you are not able to be rational because you're really emotionally invested in this subject, maybe you should take a step back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's easier for someone with unlimited resources and means than someone without, which was the point. I've never said depression can be solved with money, or that it's something you can just "fix." I said it's disgusting to be holding this guy up like he was some hopeless individual who had no way out.

I get that you are not able to be rational because you're really emotionally invested in this subject, maybe you should take a step back.
    I don't expect anyone who was molested as a child repeatedly to "get over it" or have a normal thoughts. His brain was likely permanently wired wrong, and no amount of counselling or drugs would ever help silence those thoughts. He said himself that his mind was a scary place, and even I can relate to that.

I used to be depressed, but I'm not anymore. Instead my brain is permanently telling me how much of a dumb bitch I am, that I should kill myself and how worthless I am. Now mix that with people hating your new album, your best friend dying, and being alone on a day he should have been surrounded with friends and you have a cocktail for disaster.

I have heard rumors his second marriage was failing, which could have also added to his suicide. Chester should have been with friends on the day before Chris' birthday , not by himself drinking alone with a mind that wants to harm itself.

Deleted
    This man was, is and forever will be my greatest hero, He and his fellow band members got me trough some dark times during my teenage years and even early 20s.
    He could sing like an angel and scream like a demon, for me he had it all and now he's gone and i still can't somehow believe it's true.

Rest in peace Chester, may you finally find peace.
    Thank you for everything you have done and not only for me, but for everyone like me.

Heroes never die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Not gonna post anything too edgelordy because lord know there's gonna be enough of that in this thread and it's sad when just about anyone who isn't a terrible person dies.

That said, Linkin Park was (is? do they still have enough fans to try to tour?) a terrible, talentless, shitstain of a band, and I'm glad if someone had to die it wasn't a better musician.
    So you only came here to insult and blurt out your ignorant views?

Is that a regular thing of you? Do you like to go to funerals or memorials or places where news is being shared of a death and you...insult? What a delightful person you must be to be around.

Deleted
    I've not read through this entire thread, so I have no idea whether this has been said before, but...one wonders, whether singing about suicide for almost two decades doesn't act as pretty effective indoctrination and brainwashing. If you keep repeating stuff that suggests you're going to kill yourself for years and years and years, I wonder if it can't just make it a bit easier to actually do it.

Loved their songs in my teen years, at least the major ones.
    Truly sad when I heard that happened. I'm sorry for his family and collegues as well.

The last time I watched him was a couple months ago on GMM, and it goes to show how horrible an illness depression is, you can have all the resources available, and look and act as happy as you can, but inside its a very different story, and why it can be so difficult to get help, to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I don't expect anyone who was molested as a child repeatedly to "get over it" or have a normal thoughts. His brain was likely permanently wired wrong, and no amount of counselling or drugs would ever help silence those thoughts. He said himself that his mind was a scary place, and even I can relate to that.
    I don't expect anyone who is depressed to just "get over it" either, so people can stop misrepresenting my opinion that way.

I have heard rumors his second marriage was failing, which could have also added to his suicide. Chester should have been with friends on the day before Chris' birthday , not by himself drinking alone with a mind that wants to harm itself.
    Maybe he shouldn't have been drinking at all.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Maybe he shouldn't have been drinking at all.
    Would you police that though? Would you decide person X is in a such and such mental state, and they are now forbidden, by law, to drink? Would you then put that person under lock and key to make sure they don't drink?

See, that would do absolutely jack to help a suicidal person. That's the case with pretty much any and all forms of authoritarianism. Which, by the way, is 100% your mentality in that statement.

Everyone had that edgelord teenaged boy phase where you hated your dad, played a shit ton of violent video games and jammed out to Linkin Park. RIP.

Also off-topic but generally peeved. I wish people treated eachother every day the way they do when a celebrity kills themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    You know nothing about this man. He sought quite a bit of help over the years. It is one of the reasons he made it this long.
    Yet he continued to consume alcohol, and who knows what else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Would you police that though? Would you decide person X is in a such and such mental state, and they are now forbidden, by law, to drink? Would you then put that person under lock and key to make sure they don't drink?

See, that would do absolutely jack to help a suicidal person. That's the case with pretty much any and all forms of authoritarianism. Which, by the way, is 100% your mentality in that statement.
    I don't expect the government to legislate responsibility.

I do think it's worth noting, however, that someone who is depressed who deliberately consumes alcohol or other substances is knowingly making their situation worse, rather than better.

Yet he continued to consume alcohol, and who knows what else.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't expect the government to legislate responsibility.

I do think it's worth noting, however, that someone who is depressed who deliberately consumes alcohol or other substances is knowingly making their situation worse, rather than better.
    Tequila makes me happy even when I'm in the saddest of moods, are you saying that I shouldn't drink because it would make my then current situation/mood/problems worse? Or would you rather I stay in my shit mood and avoid alcohol?

Tequila makes me happy even when I'm in the saddest of moods, are you saying that I shouldn't drink because it would make my then current situation/mood/problems worse? Or would you rather I stay in my shit mood and avoid alcohol?
    If you consume alcohol to moderate your emotional state, you have a mental health problem and need to get help, and should probably not consume any alcohol.

Therapy isn't always effective, regardless of how much you have to spend. Get over your ignorance and stop casting aspersions at a man you didn't know.
    Did you know him personally? I didn't think so. Quite acting like your opinion is superior because you're posting in an echo chamber.

You continue to sound incredibly ignorant with regards to mental health issues.
    Telling someone with a substance abuse problem to get help is ignorant?