Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Speculation: Void Lords are actually pretty weak

...individually. It's as a whole that they are enough to scare the likes of Sargeras and scour worlds.

This is an idea I've had in my head almost as soon as the Void Lords were mentioned back in Chronicles vol.1, I've seen it suggested here and there since then, and with patch 7.2 and 7.2.5, I've seen more and more evidence to support this idea.

In the Broken Shore region, we've got mobs called Shackled Voidlord and Warped Voidlord. In Chromie's scenario, one of the creatures we fight is called a Void Gargantuan, and afterwards Chromie mentions that she 'never expected to be on the bad side of a VOID LORD, of all things'.

This is in addition to past instances of void-related creatures referred to as 'void lords' in some capacity.

These are all creatures that can be destroyed relatively easily by mortals, yet we're led to believe that the Void Lords have orchestrated the creation of the Old Gods and their attacks upon the material universe, as well as manifesting beings like Dimensius the All-Devouring, who has destroyed entire worlds.

My theory is this: Void Lords are, individually, not especially powerful. It's only when they work collectively that they are capable of becoming a world-destroying threat. We don't know what exactly was involved in the creation of the Old Gods - it may have taken hundreds, even thousands of Void Lords working together to create a single Old God. It may take many Void Lords generating a collective manifestation to create a being like Dimensius.

This could mean that the numbers of the Void Lords are in fact vast, but one on one they aren't any great shakes, and only in groups do they become truly dangerous. Personally, I think this would be an interesting take on a major threat - rather than having powerful, singular figures like Sargeras, Deathwing, or the individual Old Gods, the Void Lords are a vast, faceless mass of malevolent beings, a collective or hive of enemies, instead of a single personality.

Almost like a dark mirror of the player base.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2017-07-21 at 01:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dimensius is a mere echo of the void lords power.

And he can consume worlds.
    Now imagine that full force.

Formerly known as Arafal

While this makes more than enough sense, it would make it even MORE similar to the burning legion. Blizzard has to do something so that they are not just the purple legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    as arafal said
    the void lords have immense power, insane power
    but think of it like this
    you have a tank, it can DECIMATE ANYTHING in sight, destroy any other tanks, blow up buildings in single shots
    but it is stuck on an island and cant get off
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Nice theory. I have another one. Blizzard is pretty bad at comming up with names and really dropped the ball with void lords. Voidlords(withouth space) are weak as shit.
    Void gods are slightly stronger. Void Lords(with space) are stronger than void gods because reasons, and can pretty much ruin your day even if you are a titan.

Deleted
    Whatever they turn out to be they would need several xpacks to feel... idk... "natural" to the WoW Lore for me, and these xpacks would have to be heavily lore focused.

I just don't feel it. The Burning Legion was the "thing" for me.
    Now that Sargeras turned out to be a total idiot... well...
    It's gonna be hard to convince me Void Lords r a thing.
    Another mass of some shit to cut thru, I guess?

So Void Lords are weak so Sargeras thought the best course of action would be to kill everything? That makes no sense.

It doesn't really matter if they are a collective or single beings, since we're probably never going to see them. Whether they are a collective or not, their destructive potential was so large it made Sargeras shit his metaphorical pants. I imagine we are just going to be working at severing all ties to the Void in the future, so that they are stuck in their own dimension with no way of ever getting into ours, even through proxies. That way they can be as strong as they like, they won't ever pose a threat to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

What if they are very powerful,but as they are void,formless beings,cannot manifest fully in the physical world,hence why they sent old gods to do their biddings and tried to corrupt titans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Dimensius is a mere echo of the void lords power.
    How many Void Lords are we talking about here, though? All of them? That was my point about them being dangerous collectively.

Ion Hazzikostas said in a recent interview that we can't even fathom the strength of a void lord. And Chronicle says that void lords have various levels of power. Only the most powerful can temporarily manifest in the universe.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Calling it now, just like legion did everything they did to stop void lords, void lords fight even bigger evil. Evil that some call only with one word - mudmug.

You're conflating the in-game mobs with the lore entities. They just have the same name. The Void Lords Sargeras is scared shitless off explicitly can't manifest in the physical universe for any noticeable length of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Nice theory. I have another one. Blizzard is pretty bad at comming up with names and really dropped the ball with void lords. Voidlords(withouth space) are weak as shit.
    Void gods are slightly stronger. Void Lords(with space) are stronger than void gods because reasons, and can pretty much ruin your day even if you are a titan.
    No they changed up the names, pick up Chronicles or look at Wowpedia. But yeah they should totally call the Void Lords something else. There's is The Void, where Void Lords are stuck, theres power that can be controlled Void magic. There's void walkers which are lesser void constructs that The Void Lords were able to manifest. To many things of the Void.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-07-20 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    No they changed up the names, pick up Chronicles or look at Wowpedia
    I did. Wowpedia lists the weak ones with the spaceless article name

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Voidlord

and the scary dudes with the space

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_lord

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I did. Wowpedia lists the weak ones with the spaceless article name

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Voidlord

and the scary dudes with the space

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_lord
    Yeah I didn't read all of your post before replying and yep, you're correct they dropped the ball with the naming there.

Deleted
    Well Sargie needed an avatar to manifest on azeroth and argus. W/e its power it still was within grasp in size terms. Void lords need a freaking titan to manifest in space. This only can give us a hint.
    The question though: How comes haven't they sent a gazillion of old gods all these years instead of waiting friend m yoggie nzoth and the likes to succeed behind prison bars

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Well Sargie needed an avatar to manifest on azeroth and argus. W/e its power it still was within grasp in size terms. Void lords need a freaking titan to manifest in space. This only can give us a hint.
    The Void Lords don't use the dark / corrupted Titan to manifest, though.

But yes, given that we can't even fathom how powerful the Void Lords are, it's pretty safe to assume that they are extremely powerful.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I mean, we kicked Pandemonius' ass in MT relatively easy and he is one of the void lords that helped destroy K'aresh if I remember correctly.
    And Dimensius was just a quest mob, so they're probably rly ez to kill anyway.