Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any power that's enough to scare the crap outta a dude who can split planets in half is far from being weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    I mean, we kicked Pandemonius' ass in MT relatively easy and he is one of the void lords that helped destroy K'aresh if I remember correctly.
    And Dimensius was just a quest mob, so they're probably rly ez to kill anyway.
    Both Dimensius and Pandemonius in TBC were minor manifestations of both their true strengths - they're also likely not dead, only shunted back into the Void. Another manifestation of Dimensius was also "killed" by Tu'ure banishing him on the world he nearly devoured in the Artifact text for one of the Priest Artifacts. A full manifestation of Void Lord would likely be powerful enough to collapse entire solar systems.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Both Dimensius and Pandemonius in TBC were minor manifestations of both their true strengths - they're also likely not dead, only shunted back into the Void. Another manifestation of Dimensius was also "killed" by Tu'ure banishing him on the world he nearly devoured in the Artifact text for one of the Priest Artifacts. A full manifestation of Void Lord would likely be powerful enough to collapse entire solar systems.
    Inb4 Dimensius is the prime void lord of them all then. That'd at least give us a big baddie that we know a little bit of instead of creating a completely new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Inb4 Dimensius is the prime void lord of them all then. That'd at least give us a big baddie that we know a little bit of instead of creating a completely new one.
    I'd assume Dimensius is probably up there in the collective of Void Lords - alongside Pandemonius. A few other named or important Void creatures like Mortaxx, Skra'gath, Aathalos, or Zekereth might be other possibilities.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I am pretty sure Sargeras was afraid of a void titan, not of the void lords themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Lords aren't anything big without a World Soul to control.

So what you're saying is...

...they are going to be a council raid boss?

The power levels retconned way too heavily and twisted. I would never imagine that we would be in a fight where pantheon actively involved but next patch that will happen.

I assume void lords we met were not really more than some random voidlings. Actual ones are still doing remote control via old gods. So it is like we killed some npc's called "doomlords" or "fellords" but they were not really the lord of burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Void Lords aren't anything big without a World Soul to control.
    They can still drop Old Gods on you.

I don't think Dimensius or Pandemonius are Void Lords, though. Just lords among voidwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Calling it now, just like legion did everything they did to stop void lords, void lords fight even bigger evil. Evil that some call only with one word .
    lol you killed me XD

They will be...

Whatever is most convenient for Blizzard... until that convenience has passed.... and then they retcon them to be something different.

Deleted
    I don't care wether they're strong or weak. They are not interesting to me. They're just literal darkness that are evil because they're evil. They'd make a good villain in a saturday evening B movie.

Also ultimate evil in wow universe is visualized as black void things is racist. Void lords should be pale/white skinned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't care wether they're strong or weak. They are not interesting to me. They're just literal darkness that are evil because they're evil. They'd make a good villain in a saturday evening B movie.
    Yeah they are really boring compared to the mindless zombie horde of the Scourge or the single minded demon horde of the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Nice theory. I have another one. Blizzard is pretty bad at comming up with names and really dropped the ball with void lords. Voidlords(withouth space) are weak as shit.
    Void gods are slightly stronger. Void Lords(with space) are stronger than void gods because reasons, and can pretty much ruin your day even if you are a titan.
    I most certaintly agree that they dropped the ball on the naming the supposedly ultimate baddies of the warcraft universe. If they wanted to have the words "void" and "lord" atleast they could´ve made into a concrete title like "Lords of the Void" or something like that, instead of outright using an existing word in the game and thinking that a single space would suffice to differentiate a mere shadow to the colossal darkness of this universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    I most certaintly agree that they dropped the ball on the naming the supposedly ultimate baddies of the warcraft universe. If they wanted to have the words "void" and "lord" atleast they could´ve made into a concrete title like "Lords of the Void" or something like that, instead of outright using an existing word in the game and thinking that a single space would suffice to differentiate a mere shadow to the colossal darkness of this universe.
    Not to mention they already using void god as a name, which apparently indicates a being below void lords. Oh well. What I hope is that void lord is just a name we use as a conventient title and they have a name for their species and we can use that once we learned what it is. I mean their equivalent on the light side are the Naaru and we dont call them Light Lords or glowing kanji. We call them naaru.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    lol you killed me XD
    You think he did, but is was Mudmug that killed you!

Comparing something that was put in the game simply as big ass void walkers, to a story that was made 10 years after cause they had to introduce new stuff, whether people find the idea good or bad is irrelevant.

Deleted
    Blizzard has stated that Void Lords can't take complete form in the real world, and that is why they infect world souls with old gods so the long process of corruption ends in a pretty badass Dark Titan (some kind of host).

They should have called it "The Void" and dropped the Void Lords. Considering their pawns are "Old Gods", it would have worked better and a little more believable if it switched not that can really happen now. However, there's not really many words that can illustrate well that they ascend above a God, so you need to signal something more powerful than a being titled a God.
    That's probably best achieved by inspiring something much larger than one entity, making it inconceivable to a degree - which is easy to do since we haven't seen them properly and easily comparable to to their pawns of an Old God (which we've managed to subdue). That said "The Void" could have worked throwing enigma back into it and allowing some room for imagination, there were several beings but they are so powerful and messed up [more than the Old Gods] that we can only guess what's inside. We

We've had a taster with Dimensius who managed to chew through the Etherael planet. This type of being could be given a name similar to Avatar. The best would be a Theophant. They are basically astral spirits which is what I feel Dimensius was, a mere shade in power that pales in comparison to the real masters of The Void.

I would say that way it would be much more lovecraftian. It also can play on people's minds as you give it a form but not necessarily a full shape. It works well too since they can't properly manifest as a physical form unlike their subordinates of Old Gods.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-21 at 11:24 AM.