Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's why I don't think they would be added as a subrace. They don't make sense on the Horde side and they don't belong with the NE's as a subrace - nether works. If anything, they'd be added if Blizzard also decided to give a popular playable Alliance race to the Horde.
    And if we go by...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

We have 2 options. 1: A 'human' like race. Which wouldn't work because we know Orcs really, REALLY hate them. And Blood elves kinda do, too. 2: A 'night elf' like race, and we know no night-elves will join the Horde because of the.. well.. orcs and they way they treat Ashenvale and such. And don't even get me started on the Nightborne for the Horde (even if it would make most sense because they and blood elves can at least relate to one another), you KNOW the Alliance will NOT BE OKAY WITH THAT! o_o

So, yeah. Not gonna happen.

Wouldn't say High elves won't be playable, since the Blood elf and the Draenei starting areas were the only ones still in need of an update (you still can't fly there).

So if blizzard one day decides to remake the Blood elven starting area, there is a good moment to make them "neutral" (if you go horde you are blood, if you go alliance you are high).

Lorewise the Blood elf race not being neutral is contradictory...

Horde had Trolls which were ancient enemies (Zuljin ones)
    Horde burned Silvermoon forrest (2nd war)
    They left the Alliance because of Kael (a lordaeron "new alliance")
    Kael ended up betraying them.
    Their greatest threat today are Sylvanas Forsaken.
    Draenei are responsible for saving the unwell with the naaru light.
    Two iconic figures are Alliance related (the remaining alive Windrunner sisters).

I think it is the only race that is still one sided faction because of realm pop issue/blizzard laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Who cares? Obviously, when the bulk of the realms are imbalanced towards one faction or another, Blizzard doesn't care about the realm populations.
    realm populations and overall population are 2 different things.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    And if we go by...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

We have 2 options. 1: A 'human' like race. Which wouldn't work because we know Orcs really, REALLY hate them. And Blood elves kinda do, too. 2: A 'night elf' like race, and we know no night-elves will join the Horde because of the.. well.. orcs and they way they treat Ashenvale and such. And don't even get me started on the Nightborne for the Horde (even if it would make most sense because they and blood elves can at least relate to one another), you KNOW the Alliance will NOT BE OKAY WITH THAT! o_o

So, yeah. Not gonna happen.
    Funny that you end up citing exactly what's most lkely the Horde will get: human-looking Forsaken (like Nathanos) and nightborne.
    Yes, I think Horde will get them BOTH. And the Alliance will get high elves and Outland broken (whose models are based on tauren's).

But the whole point of people wanting high elves for better of worse is because they want them on the alliance, because that's where they were from in warcraft II, Dwarves, Humans and High elves as the iconic alliance races during that war. There's a reason why those statues are at the gates of Stormwind.

You might not agree but that's mostly why people want them, for the nostalgia. What's the point of adding blue eyed elves to the horde? People that want an elf and don't care about the historical faction already play horde so no point.

Personally, I would love to see if not sub-races, sub factions; adding more customization without having to develop new races with their own zones, and not even with unique racials. There are so many cool races that don't need unique starting experiences that span 2 zones and 20 levels, and the upside is just more customization for the players. And that the end of the day the only thing that is a constant for the player is how their character looks -well, not counting race changes-

And high elves specifically, have had their own lore almost through all the expansions, and a whole chunk of that lore is linked to how they remained loyal to the alliance, actually even having a faction leader with Vereesa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still would like High Elves as a playable race for Alliance. Because they are part of the alliance.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Honestly high elf fanboys are the most ignorant people you'll ever meet.

If the alliance were to get high elves at this point they'd use the exact same model as the blood elves, it'd essentially be giving the alliance a horde race. The high elves = playable ship sailed when TBC launched, do Blizzard regret that? Probably, but it's too late to add them except in the minds of the delusional.

Vegan Elf lol
    We don't need to worry about this though, this is not our main priority. We have issues in the game that are actual, legitimate ones. Professions being one of em, and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post

If the alliance were to get high elves at this point they'd use the exact same model as the blood elves, it'd essentially be giving the alliance a horde race. The high elves = playable ship sailed when TBC launched, do Blizzard regret that? Probably, but it's too late to add them except in the minds of the delusional.
    I mean you could always give the horde an alliance race; quid pro quo and all, Clarice. It would be fair, obviously.

The thing is, which race? It would be a good way for the lore to get creative, and I'm all for even more erosion of the factional structure binary. Easiest way? let the forsaken look like freshly dead humans, I mean we already have Nathanos. But then we'd have people saying how you can't have the most iconic alliance race on the horde, but then it would be the closest to fix the pop imbalance since humans are the most played race, because humans always are.

So if you are not one for exclusivity, there's an answer for a couple of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromu View Post
    Wouldn't say High elves won't be playable, since the Blood elf and the Draenei starting areas were the only ones still in need of an update (you still can't fly there).

So if blizzard one day decides to remake the Blood elven starting area, there is a good moment to make them "neutral" (if you go horde you are blood, if you go alliance you are high).
    Blizzard has pretty much said they aren't going to do another "neutral" race.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post

I think you are ignorant, if you dont aknowledge pandaren race, which is available for both factions.. High elf would be different with eye color, different pallete of skin color (they are much more pale), racial mounts - unicorns and hippogryphs.. If it is balance you want, horde can have undead humans or something.. They can always make up some lore, especially when they added worgen and pandaren as a playable race..

I just cant fathom that people strictly say that something is or isnt happening. Especially when a lot of people said, that DH will never happen, because warlocks have metamorphosis, because they are too similar to warlocks and rogues..
    You can have your opinion, but you dont have to insult others and tell them that something isnt happening if you know shit.

Deleted
    Best thread ever! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm aware they descended from Night Elves, but they're a different race entirely now. High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race, so it's highly unlikely that they'd instead give High Elves to NE's. It doesn't make sense as a sub-race.
    This. High Elves as a subrace of any Alliance race make no sense as a sub-race. It's like having Night Elves Highborne as a subrace of Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    If alliance cant get High elves because they are too few, then why can even players play as an orc? Orcish horde is made from few orcs who fled from interment camps to kalimdor and then they saved handful of trolls from some island.. how could they make the mighty horde? I tell you why, because gameplay doesnt represent real numbers.. If you have theramore, dalaran and allerian stronghold full of high elves (lorewise) then i dont see a reason why not play as one of them.
    Theramore was destroyed. Silver Covenant was on the frontlines since Wrath and as such was suffering losses for years. Allerian Stronghold Elves are willing to reconcile with Silvermoon.

Yes you are contradicting yourself, if you want to these discussions to end, the only way is to make them playable or wipe them completely from azeroth.

Can i really play as a high elf? Are they alliance? Do they have blue eyes? Do they have unicorns and hippogryphs as mount?
    Can I play Night Elves on Horde? No? Ermahgerd, lemme flail around on the forums for over 12 goddamn years.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Or they could just be added to the alliance, not a real issue.

Like I said, Alliance High elves not being playable already is the biggest reason they probably won't be playable. Any other BS reason against them is just that, BS.
    Horde Titans not being playable already is the biggest reason they won't be playable. Any other BS reason against them is just that, BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Vegan Elf...hahaha. We need more threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Can I play Night Elves on Horde? No? Ermahgerd, lemme flail around on the forums for over 12 goddamn years.
    Is that counter argument or something? Are you really comparing night elves, who are lorewise against anything that horde represents and high elves, who are allied with alliance, but gameplay wise not available to players?

Silver Covenant was on the frontlines since Wrath and as such was suffering losses for years.
    Stop making up things.. I can say this about almost every race.. Goblins, pandaren, trolls, orcs .. Numbers of those races werent big from the start, yet they still exist after countless conflicts. Especially after mists of pandaria.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-07-23 at 09:03 AM.

If alliance cant get High elves because they are too few, then why can even players play as an orc? Orcish horde is made from few orcs who fled from interment camps to kalimdor and then they saved handful of trolls from some island.. how could they make the mighty horde? I tell you why, because gameplay doesnt represent real numbers.. If you have theramore, dalaran and allerian stronghold full of high elves (lorewise) then i dont see a reason why not play as one of them.
    Oh, forgot to touch your Orc nonsense. Other than Stormreaver and Twilight Hammer clans, the Old Horde wasn't decimated after the Second War. They surrendered, they were rounded up. The Orc population in Internment camps was huge. Blackmoore wanted to overthrow the entire Alliance with his Orc slave army. They all were freed by Thrall. Then there are the Clans that weren't captured to begin with, like the large Warsong Clan or the Frostwolves. And then are the additional Orcs that arrived on Azeroth as they escaped Ner'zhul's destruction of Draenor. Your comparison is awful.

Also, kinda obligatory:
    stop commenting if you dont know lore

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    High elves are in the game already. They're a Horde race called Blood Elves. 90% of the high elves were killed in the Third War and of the remaining population 90% joined the Horde and called themselves Blood Elves. That doesn't leave very many high elves in the Alliance.
    And tons of those that 10% (of a 10%) that remained the High Elves died. Quel'Lithien - one survivor. Theramore - decimated. Quel'Danil - attacked by the Forsaken, should have incurred some losses. Stormwind - if there were any High Elves there, they were probably living in the district destroyed by Deathwing. Silver Covenant - on the frontlines since Wrath, bled left and right over the years. Allerian Stronghold - willing to reconcile with Silvermoon.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post

I'm pretty sure they'll never be happy unless WoW looked like this
    Hahaha, I love this.

Oh, forgot to touch your Orc nonsense. Other than Stormreaver and Twilight Hammer clans, the Old Horde wasn't decimated after the Second War. They surrendered, they were rounded up. The Orc population in Internment camps was huge. Blackmoore wanted to overthrow the entire Alliance with his Orc slave army. They all were freed by Thrall. Then there are the Clans that weren't captured to begin with, like the large Warsong Clan or the Frostwolves. And then are the additional Orcs that arrived on Azeroth as they escaped Ner'zhul's destruction of Draenor. Your comparison is awful.
    So you aknowledge that internment camps were huge, but somehow you dont aknowledge how big was theramore, how big is silver covenant and allerian stronghold, how many high elves live in hinterlands, loch modan, stormwind..

Anyway, how many orcs must have died during the warcraft 3 and mists of pandaria.. I will make up some number, lets say 90%.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-07-23 at 09:12 AM.

Is that counter argument or something? Are you really comparing night elves, who are lorewise against anything that horde represents and high elves, who are allied with alliance, but gameplay wise not available to players?
    How are Night Elves against anything that the Horde represents again? And there are only five groups of High Elves that were officially Alliance. One is gone, one was willing to rejoin Silvermoon, one is Vereesa's personal militia and the last two are individual lodges. And the only comparison I made was that of whining about not getting the race you want on the faction you want. Waaah, where are my Horde Eredars.

Stop making up things.. I can say this about almost every race.. Goblins, pandaren, trolls, orcs .. Numbers of those races werent big from the start, yet they still exist after countless conflicts. Especially after mists of pandaria.
    Yeah, because there were no MoP quests about killing a bunch of Silver Covenant forces. Your idea that Orcs weren't big from the start is headcanon. Goblins are still an entire cartel. High Elves are 10% of survivors of Scourge genocide when the survivors as a whole were on the brink of extinction. And then they lost people left, right and center.

So you aknowledge that internment camps were huge, but somehow you dont aknowledge how big was theramore, how big is silver covenant and allerian stronghold, how many high elves live in hinterlands, loch modan, stormwind..
    Because Theramore is gone and there was never any indication of Silver Covenant's immense size. High Elves in Hinterlands and Loch Modan are in lodges, so their numbers are fer sure immense. And Allerian Stronghold Elves were still willing to join the Blood Elves. Your comparison is still awful.

And Allerian Stronghold Elves were still willing to join the Blood Elves. Your comparison is still awful.
    No they didnt. Not if blood elves are allied with the horde.
    Of course my comparison is awful, how else would you be right?

Because Theramore is gone and there was never any indication of Silver Covenant's immense size.
    I heard that good guy Garrosh let evacuate almost the whole city.

Stormwind - if there were any High Elves there, they were probably living in the district destroyed by Deathwing..
    Please stop, will you?
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-07-23 at 09:33 AM.