... LastLast
    Elemental Mage in Vanilla.
    MoP destruction warlock.
    Feral Droods in Cata.

Oh man, good times.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    I'm pretty new to WoW and have been following the Frost DK and Brewmaster threads recently. People seem to be pretty upset about builds that they thought were balanced and fun being nerfed or just deleted. In one of the threads someone mentioned something about 'gladiator warrior' and how it was killed.

I was wondering, what are some build from any time in the past that were super fun, relatively balanced, and then subsequently removed from the game for whatever reason?
    Wotlk demo lock
    (Could only have 1 demo lock per raid, atleast 1 demonic pact/shadowbolt lock)
    http://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#IZbG...AoE0hVb:oTNVz0

feel free to read, but bassicly you used fel armor, that gave you spellpower based on a % of your spirit, a glyph that also gave you spellpower basedo na % of your spirit when you used life tap every 40 seconds

your felguard when he crit gave everyone in your raid 10% of your total spellpower for a minute, so in raids you got ALL the spellpower/spirit gear, you just stacked it

the rotation was fun, it was keep up immolate and corruption
    fill with incenerate, you would keep yoru shadow bolt buff up on the boss
    corruption would proc a buff to make your next 3 incein or soul fires cast, to make them stronger
    when a mob hit under 35% health you just spammed soul fire, nothing else, because it would normally cost a soul shard, a ton of mana, and take forever to cast (it is bassiclty what chaos bolt is now) but when you hit a mob under 35% health for the next few seconds soul fire was free, and did not take long to cast, so you just barraged with nothing but soul fire, no more immolate (you would keep corruption up though, and try to keep up the shadowbolt buff) but other then that you just went full on execute, demonic empowerment and metamorph were dps cooldowns
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    pre-MOP affliction warlocks, the 5 dot incarnation probably being the most memorable, but it was top tier even after immolate was knocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wotlk demo lock
    That's a spec I usually forget how much fun I had with, I used to always try playing demonology despite it being a sub-par raid spec ever since vanilla, I was infatuated with the idea of focusing on the pets. Alas, Cata with MWC left a bad taste. I remember having plenty of fun in WOTLK and TBC though.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-07-22 at 08:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    MOP BM was the most fun I've ever had with a class in this game. Lots of mobility, interesting abilities that required positioning(Glaive Toss, that shot I don't remember the name of). Fun and easy to play, but also offered a bit of challenge to play it good. I miss it so bad

In general I think most MOP classes were fun and easy to pick up. I had so many alts with different specs and I felt the rotations were easy to learn even with a lot more buttons. Nowadays I feel like most of the classes are too convoluted and depend on RNG too much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    pre-MOP affliction warlocks, the 5 dot incarnation probably being the most memorable, but it was top tier even after immolate was knocked off.

That's a spec I usually forget how much fun I had with, I used to always try playing demonology despite it being a sub-par raid spec ever since vanilla, I was infatuated with the idea of focusing on the pets. Alas, Cata with MWC left a bad taste. I remember having plenty of fun in WOTLK and TBC though.
    i have played demo most of wow, Ds/ruin in vanilla and BC
    and in wotlk it was just so fun (also cause your raid gave you all the best gear first, 25 man raid, about 11 healers/casters= 2.1 peices of gear instead of just 1 to a mage or something)

the raid leads wife allmost divorced him (To be fair we arnt for sure, but they were sleeping in seperate rooms for a week and were not talking AT ALL ) because she was a mage and he gave the staff to me before her and it led into a MASSIVE argument
    i mean 2 red sockets=tons of spellpower, and look at all that spellpower, spirit, and crit, perfect~

Warlock Metamorphosis Tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Warlock Metamorphosis Tank.
    it was only on like.... 4 bosses and dungeons on farm?
    illidan shadow phase
    dark shamans kiting the girl shaman
    and cant remember the other 2

I don't know, I miss a lot of specs from MoP.
    Blizzard got so many things right in that expantion.

Momentum havoc demon hunter. Had so much fun playing it while being above other dhs, now you just sit in there and do jack and do dps which is boring as hell.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me it's gladiator warrior. That spec was almost exactly what I ever wanted.

MoP Survival Hunter was the peak of Hunter design/gameplay.

1. Procs that were enjoyable. (chain explosives vs lame ass vulnerable)

2. Mobility and kiting (no standing around casting aimed shot 90% of the time)

3. One pet sidekick that didn't have retard AI. (double retard with BM now)

4. Throwing out cool ass arrow shots (now literally throwing animals out of your ass)

5. Kill Shot sniping people (not this lame ass MM sniper that needs RNG to aim)

Now we just get some dev's clunky melee fantasy that nobody wants or plays. Literally lowest played spec PVE spec even when being tuned higher than ranged. (cue random person that claims they wanted melee hunter for 12 years)

Deleted
    What was cool about it?
    Everything!

Also engineering

I used to really enjoy a very old iteration of Hemo/Sword subtlety rogue back in Vanilla. And I loved 2H Blood dps DK in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was only on like.... 4 bosses and dungeons on farm?
    illidan shadow phase
    dark shamans kiting the girl shaman
    and cant remember the other 2
    Well, Warlocks had often such roles, e.g. Twin Emperors in Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

Every spec after MoP? I played feral, guardian, survival and disc on different levels of mythic, and they were all the most fun I've had with them back then. Sure on most fights a lock would be on top but other than that I think class balance and design was the best so far in WoW.

WoD made every spec I played a lot less fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I don't know, I miss a lot of specs from MoP.
    Blizzard got so many things right in that expantion.
    As a Mage, I don't miss MoP one bit. Fuck the lvl90 talent row.

Also Combustion was a cool and unique concept, but way to RNG reliant and 0 UI elements supporting it outside of 3rd party addons.

Fire Mage was awesome at the start of Legion. Middle of the pack as well. People kept whining and bitching until Blizz killed the spec.

Slam-MS Warrior in BC. Played in late in the expac in Hyjal & BT and really enjoyed the support aspect of it, how important it was to mind your swing timer etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty new to WoW and have been following the Frost DK and Brewmaster threads recently. People seem to be pretty upset about builds that they thought were balanced and fun being nerfed or just deleted. In one of the threads someone mentioned something about 'gladiator warrior' and how it was killed.

I was wondering, what are some build from any time in the past that were super fun, relatively balanced, and then subsequently removed from the game for whatever reason?
    blood death knight dps back in wrath, it was a single target boss shredding machine, fire mage in cata thanks to combustion spreading, wotlk holy paladin THE tank healer, 'elemental' mage back in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    As a Mage, I don't miss MoP one bit. Fuck the lvl90 talent row.

Also Combustion was a cool and unique concept, but way to RNG reliant and 0 UI elements supporting it outside of 3rd party addons.

Fire Mage was awesome at the start of Legion. Middle of the pack as well. People kept whining and bitching until Blizz killed the spec.
    And Fire Mage now is better where you click 2-3 buttons and just wait for crits to happen? I've got one on 110 and it's one of the most boring phases Fire Mage has ever been in. To stack Ignite for massive Combustion ticks was awesome imho. Combustion giving guaranteed crit now is just... boring.

Shockadins and frostfire mage