Poll: How will the void attack in 8.0

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

8.0: The UnaVOIDable future

So at this point it is pretty much confirmed that the void will be involved with the next expansion. I mean every hint points to it and absolutely zero things point to any other direction. Question is, how will the new void presence manifest itself?

1. Azshara
    The most likely one. The naga were absent for MoP and WoD but Azshara is pretty active now and we have naga on both sides of the conflict who by the way do not hide that any cooperation with us or the Legion is temporary and they are loyal to their queen only. QA was the most powerful mage on Azeroth, who made Mannoroth shit his pants with only a look. And that was before her transformation into a naga. She is quite obviously the strongest tool N'Zoth has. Confronting Azshara and the final Old God is long overdue.

2. Emerald Dream
    Yes, I know the nightmare was defeated several times already. But we still did not get a proper ED expansion. I mean one layer should be the size of Azeroth, with several layers available. This could even tie in with the naga expansion. I mean they were former night elves. Maybe the Naga find a way to enter the dream directly and mess it up.

3. Northrend 2.0
    Since a lot of people want it, why the hell not? While Yoggie bear is dead, N'Zoth could perhaps send a few disciples to cause some trouble. What if the Lich King himself becomes void corrupted? Or one of the Dragon sanctums? Or Both? Void King sounds ike a pretty good title.

4. Voidgion
    Sargeras is absent from the PTR. Maybe to avoid spoilers, but come on. We have void Alleria and the return of all the titans. It wouldn't be much of a spoiler now. Unless the reason he is not in cause he will be the final boss of the next expansion. What if Sargeras himself became corrupted by the void? Supposedly his plan is to turn the Azeroth titan fel corrupted, which is a very Void Lord thing to do. Of course a purple legion instead of a green one is not the most imaginative idea, but hey. Blizzard.

5. Argus
    We deal with the legion but all that void corruption we see on the PTR spreads and the whole world becomes a void infested nightmare. After we do the 7.3 storyline we loose access to the small green Argus and get access to the large purple Argus of the expansion.

6. A new planet filled with void stuff
    What the title said.

7. Darkmoon Faire
    Seriously. That whole place reeks of evil. Silas Darkmoon is up to something nasty. After we kill him the Faire is taken over by his less void infested half brother or half sister to make sure we don't loose access to a seasonal event.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-06-29 at 10:34 PM.

I really think they're bringing Azshara into the light next xpac, and that it won't be "properly" a void expansion but more focused on the nagas with an old gods flavour rather than the void creatures themselves. But I've been wrong at guessing expansion packs since Cataclysm happened, so, what do I know?

Blizzard has gotten progressively more prone to giving expansions away, in the older expansions we had teasers, but we had to actually put two and two together to get the idea.

But these days the AMOUNT of things blatantly hinting to something is a dead giveaway, we got ALOT of stuff going on with the Legion back in MoP and WoD and with Legion, we get *alot* of teasers about the Void, and the Old Gods returning.

The very likely probability is that the next expansion "will" be the Azshara expansion we've all been waiting for just because of the quantity of teasers towards it, it seems unaVOIDable indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    But these days the AMOUNT of things blatantly hinting to something is a dead giveaway, we got ALOT of stuff going on with the Legion back in MoP
    And we got time travelling Orcs instead.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't confirmed til they say so. That being said, my money is on Azshara and N'zoth (He is a void creature, so god knows if we'll even get to space at some point during Expansion VII).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The void stuff we saw in this 7.3 reveal makes me think we're going to outer space already and that is going to royally piss me off because they've had three chances to do an expansion for Azshara now and they've failed to do so, instead they made two filler expansions (MoP, WoD) and one centered around Deathwing which was never really a big enough villain that we needed an expansion around him.

I hope they don't fuck us over with yet another filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So at this point it is pretty much confirmed that the void will be involved with the next expansion. I mean every hint points to it and absolutely zero things point to any other direction. Question is, how will the new void presence manifest itself?
    I thought this when MoP's legendary questline, Wrathion and the Emperor Shaohao lore was foreshadowing the return of the Burning Legion.

Then we got WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    And we got time travelling Orcs instead.
    With strong Legion involvement. I mean Gul'Dan was the first important Orc we saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because they have stated they have tried to make WoW one continuous story, where as in Vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata were kind of all doing their own thing. But be honest, nobody expected time traveling orcs until it was announced.

And the bold part confuses me because you are describing how it was better back then because of this (bolded part), but it is exactly what they/you are doing now? They have been teasing us all expac about void lords, and you are putting 2 and 2 together to say "gee willikers, I do think the next expac is gonna be void lords, yes sir I do."
    That's the thing. They have been teasing naga and the void the whole expansion. There was a time when people had to look at season event gear to pick up hints. Blizzard is less subtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    The void stuff we saw in this 7.3 reveal makes me think we're going to outer space already and that is going to royally piss me off because they've had three chances to do an expansion for Azshara now and they've failed to do so, instead they made two filler expansions (MoP, WoD) and one centered around Deathwing which was never really a big enough villain that we needed an expansion around him.

DW was a pretty major villain. He could have been a pretty cool villain with a less dumb final battle. As for the fillers....as much as I hated WoD (beside class design) they actually fit now. Of course they could have found another way to bring the Legion, but they used MoP and WoD to set the story up. MoP to bring Garrosh to Draenor and WoD to being Gul'Dan to Azeroth. And now with the Legion here we can gather the pillars of creation and Azshara/Silas/Bolvar/Jaina/Sargeras/Hogger can steal them and do something bad with them.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-06-29 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With strong Legion involvement.
    In the latter half of the expansion as a segue to Legion itself. WoD certainly wasn't the "imminent Legion invasion of Azeroth" that Wrathion was talking about, and this forum had mostly convinced itself of.

Deleted
    In the latter half of the expansion as a segue to Legion itself. WoD certainly wasn't the "imminent Legion invasion of Azeroth" that Wrathion was talking about, and this forum had mostly convinced itself of.
    Yes, most of the Legion stuff was Gul'Dan being a jerk. Okay. I'll give you that. BUt honestly I will eat my hat if the void is not involved with the next expansion. I will have to buy a hat first, but oh well.

Deleted
    Why do you say that as if it were better that way (or good at all)? I prefer the current method instead of playing the guessing game of which big bad guy was next on the whack a mole treadmill. At least there is some sort of coherent ungoing story that ties it all together. We can tie events happening today in Legion to things in MoP, back in 2012. 5 years later we can trace connections. How is that not cooler than data mining worgen and goblin hallows end masks for speculation of inc expansion?
    I'm not saying it's better. I'm just explaining what CaptainV is saying. We don't have to put two and two together now as Blizz is doing it for us. It's different. He enjoys deteictve work and I can't fault him for that. At least we can still speculate about how the void will manisfest. But my money is on Azshara.

Good thing there is zero proof of this. Look at MoP's foreshadowing. They gave us WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to copy and paste something from a different thread. Void/Azshara are memes

Wrath of the Lich King 2

-Kel'thuzad's phylactery is still missing
    -Bolvar is conscious and doing less-than-savory things
    -Deaths of Chromie scenario confirms that the dead are marching once again
    -Wrathion is in Northrend for some reason or another in Deaths of Chromie
    -Wrathion was last seen in Draenor, his biggest moment there was in Taylor's garrison warning about Ephial
    -Ephial was a necromancer that somehow slipped into the Alliance's forces
    -AU Draenor was of interest to the Ebon Blade. Mograine specifically mentioned a plan to unlock the secrets of the Frozen Throne with some of Ner'zhul's writings
    -If Bolvar is/was conscious, the Ebon Blade was active within the citadel (which Mograine's quest text suggests), etc. it's entirely possible that he could have sent his own agents to AU Draenor for his own purposes
    -Mograine the last dissident in the Ebon Blade is now enthralled by the Lich King
    -Half of the Scourge has seen a model update
    -Sylvanas' Helya/Lantern plot failed, she'll need an alternative
    -Odyn expressed a desire to return to Ulduar

Oh and finally: Mal'ganis is still MIA. Just watch, given the torture of Varimathras, and absolute collapse of the Legion we'll see the remaining Dreadlords go their own way. Given Mal'ganis' history with the Scourge, his route will be obvious. He's going to be our segue character a la Gul'dan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to copy and paste something from a different thread. Void/Azshara are memes

Wrath of the Lich King 2

-Wrathion was last seen in Draenor, his biggest moment there was in Taylor's garrison warning about Ephial
    -AU Draenor was of interest to the Ebon Blade. Mograine specifically mentioned a plan to unlock the secrets of the Frozen Throne with some of Ner'zhul's writings
    -If Bolvar is/was conscious, the Ebon Blade was active within the citadel (which Mograine's quest text suggests), etc. it's entirely possible that he could have sent his own agents to AU Draenor for his own purposes
    -Mograine the last dissident in the Ebon Blade is now enthralled by the Lich King

Oh and finally: Mal'ganis is still MIA. Just watch, given the torture of Varimathras, and absolute collapse of the Legion we'll see the remaining Dreadlords go their own way. Given Mal'ganis' history with the Scourge, his route will be obvious. He's going to be our segue character a la Gul'dan.
    Already sounds better than Void expac

Void #notmyexpansion
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

nobody expected time traveling orcs until it was announced.
    I existed back on these forums when WoD speculation was a thing and plenty of people definitely suspected time travel shenanigans involving Kairoz well before it was announced. Also it was leaked hardcore. The response to both of these things was "You're fucking stupid lel" and then people had to eat their shit and it was great.

Wrath of the Lich King 2

So much a better than a Void expansion indeed. I'm still rooting for nagas, but I like this idea as well. It would even be the perfect occasion to revamp older zones linked to the Scourge.

Because they have stated they have tried to make WoW one continuous story, where as in Vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata were kind of all doing their own thing. But be honest, nobody expected time traveling orcs until it was announced.

And the bold part confuses me because you are describing how it was better back then because of this (bolded part), but it is exactly what they/you are doing now? They have been teasing us all expac about void lords, and you are putting 2 and 2 together to say "gee willikers, I do think the next expac is gonna be void lords, yes sir I do."
    When we had Wrath we had the smallest iota of clue with the Azeroth planet map in Black Temple showing Northrend, that was the only teaser we ever got towards its appearence.

With Cata, we had a reshaped Azeroth in Ulduar that clearly was meant to reflect the changed world.

With MoP I admit not much was hinted at, but we did have alot of indicators towards a sea based expansion or something taking us to islands via alot of the vashjir stuff.

MoP it became more obvious that things were going a certain way, the time travel elements were hinted at *heavily* in the last patch.

WoD it was *Obvious* that the Legion was the next major villian given the blatant teasers of it.

And in Legion we have had almost endless talk with Il'gynoths whispers and more about the Void and its potential threat to Azeorth.

So its not that unlikley as a pattern to follow, also, expecting time traveling orcs became blatantly obvious with all the timewalker shenanigans that some time travel oriented story was comming after MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post

Well Azshara is controlled by an Old God whose master is the Void Lords. So really they all go hand in hand.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I thought it was gonna be Northrend until I saw all the new models in 7.3.

Now I'm convinced it's gonna be an interstellar expansion.

There is always a link between the new models of the last patch and the next expansion.