Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    So what you are saying is that it's the same experience just slightly less shitty? You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. VR is still a gimmick and will always be for the home consumer. VR's future is in an arcade-like setting and places like Disney World - not in my home office.
    Neither is a gaming PC. Is that a gimmick too?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's been around for decades and still hasn't really gone anywhere. Honestly, i don't think it will ever go beyond gimmick.

It's not like the biggest problem is processing power or image quality.
    I disagree. It might have been around for decades in a really crappy form or when putting down a separate loan for it, but all the innovation that's making it both more affordable and accessible has happened in the last few years.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd never touch a VR until they stop shaking the camera that much. Holy ghosts that looked terribad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I'd never touch a VR until they stop shaking the camera that much. Holy ghosts that looked terribad.
    This is why VR footage shouldn't be recorded from the headset, it's confusing and disorienting to the viewers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Needs 2 years at most. Better resolution headsets will be out in a year. The Vive will have better controllers with the knuckles controllers soon. Games are currently being developed, including Half Life 2, Fallout 4, Skyrim and Doom. The Vive is hardly a year old.
    I'm feeling like those knuckle controllers will be quite good for Warcraft (if custom bindings are allowed), VR or not. Too bad about no analog stick though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is why VR footage shouldn't be recorded from the headset, it's confusing and disorienting to the viewers.
    Which is why I'd honestly be fine if, say, it's a controller-based game that you look around with the controller!

But naw, dat realism to look like a twitchy-man who can't hold still for a moment! All the shaking! THE WITHDRAWAL!

Deleted
    WoW in VR....Man I can picture the mail-box booty already.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Neither is a gaming PC. Is that a gimmick too?
    What? So you have no real argument, got it.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

What? So you have no real argument, got it.
    lol, like you had one to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, like you had one to begin with.
    I did, but since you had trouble I'll reiterate - VR is a stupid gimmick not deserving of dev time. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

I did, but since you had trouble I'll reiterate - VR is a stupid gimmick not deserving of dev time. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
    I don't think you know what an argument is.

Visiting and exploring WoW in VR? Awesome.
    Playing WoW in VR? Shit.

Same as watching action movies in 3D that were not meant to be 3D in the first place(like Star Wars:The Force Awakens), 2D are superior to this.

Deleted
    No it doesn't as long as we don't have a full-on dive system that hooks to your brain and simulates the environment in your head.

Deleted
    wow as it is, wont work very well with VR imo.
    but some other kinda adventure game, in the wow universe, would be great.

Fat people would never be able to raid with all the shit they'd have to move out of

I think its a great idea, one I've suggested before as well. It wouldn't have to be for the full wow experience, just another side mini game ( like we already have 500 of ). Just to be able to fly around on a drake in first person VR would be epic. Not sure why it's met with such toxicity by this community

Deleted
    WoW would be fine for VR, you don't need to play in first person, that's just how that program and video are. There are 3rd person games in VR. And a WoW like game could work in first person, it would just have some changes.

And again, if you think VR is a fad or a gimmick you are just wrong, there's no debate, you're just uninformed.
    Untill the price comes down drastically, it will never be more then a gimmick.

When console gamers can pick up a VR headset for under $200 that delivers good quality VR and there is first party games supporting them, then and only then will it have a change to be not a gimmick. But consoles are already struggling to maintain 60fps so that seems like an impossible task.

Same for PC, while certain genres thrive on PC that don't on console, the overall market is so much smaller that it runs into business plan issues if the hardware if prohibitively expensive.

(and no, you can't "change a few things" in wow and make it work for VR, you would have to redo the entire combat system, UI sytem, control system, might as well make a new game with the existing art at that point)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-07-23 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    unfortunately, I think VR is doomed to be a fun gadget that we get bored of because of the fact that it's 1st person only (3rd person is plain superior for wow and most games), until we managed somehow to plug it into our brain and make us feel new things

see you in 50 years for the real vr I'd say :P
    This. /10ch

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know what an argument is.
    I don't think you know what an opinion is. I am entitled to mine. If you want to start discussion be prepared for people that don't have the same stance as you. There is no "argument" necessary when defending an opinion. But go ahead and keep attacking me like I'm the only one that thinks your idea is dogshit.

VR enthusiasts always seem to have the need to justify their buyer's remorse by convincing others that "VR is the future". There are plenty of people that don't want to wear a headset, get tangled up and wires, and wave their arms around.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-07-23 at 02:54 PM.