Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    There are plenty of people that don't want to wear a headset, get tangled up in wires, and wave their arms around.
    Good thing one of those things is being dealt with end of this/next generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would get me to buy a VR headset finally.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    For actually playing the game, WoW might be fine as one of those 3rd person VR games where you can easily look around 360 degrees, but I feel like there would be an issue with performance. The experience would be janky if a high framerate could not be maintained, and we all know how ugly performance gets in WoW, especially with lots of people on-screen. A bad framerate in VR can make you feel sick, and definitely hurt the experience.

Also, I'm sure a lot of people would be resistant to using VR controllers for WoW; WoW players don't seem to like controllers of any sort, despite their increased viability in this game over time.

I have nightmares of having to play WoW in first person.

Less than 0,4% of players own a VR set (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey), it's really wasted ressources. Controls suck and WoW isn't really suited for VR at all.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-07-23 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I have nightmares of having to play WoW in first person.

Less than 0,4% of players own a VR set (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey), it's really wasted ressources. Controls suck and WoW isn't really suited for VR at all.
    I dunno if I'd say the controls suck, but more software features for VR controllers would be nice. Most other input options can be customized on Steam, but I don't think VR controllers can yet. When they can be, a nice setup would have to be found for WoW though.

I was never suggesting in the OP that WoW needed to be played in first person or with motion controllers.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I was never suggesting in the OP that WoW needed to be played in first person or with motion controllers.
    Then what's the point? Play in third person with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard? At that point the headset is an uncomfortable monitor attached to my head.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just go sit 5 cm in front a tiny monitor then :P

I tried VR. My friend and his Sister both have the Vive. Not impressed. I like to be aware of my surroundings. Do not like being closed off like that.

I could make everyone in this thread want VR within 10 minutes if they tried it at my house.

VR is a fucking waste on Wow since virtually no one even plays Wo w in first person zoom mode.

Exploring with VR sure. Doing virtually anything else it's a absolute joke of resources for zero payout

If the game isn't first and foremost an first person game out will never work as VR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Dismissing other peoples views because they don't "feel it" the same way you do is an awful argument. .
    However people dismissing OP when they're only looking at it in a Youtube video and not in the VR environment itself are also making an awful argument.

I'm skeptical of VR as long as it requires the face hugger masks... but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I tried VR. My friend and his Sister both have the Vive. Not impressed. I like to be aware of my surroundings. Do not like being closed off like that.
    Well the entire point is that the VR experience become your surroundings so it depends on what you tried. Also - and this is the big issue for many - a lot of VR games seem to assume you're in a fairly large, open space without furniture or others around you. I'm not rearranging my living space to be like that, so it's a non-starter for me.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-07-24 at 05:58 PM.

Wandering around in WoW in VR? Yeah, I'd pay lots for that... hook me up, my ps4vr is waiting!

Playing the game in VR... naaah, I'll pass on that unless it's fishing! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Wandering around in WoW in VR? Yeah, I'd pay lots for that... hook me up, my ps4vr is waiting!

I think it would be worth it just for that assuming it wasn't super difficult to implement. Even if I had to turn my graphics down to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    However people dismissing OP when they're only looking at it in a Youtube video and not in the VR environment itself are also making an awful argument.

I'm skeptical of VR as long as it requires the face hugger masks... but that's me.

Well the entire point is that the VR experience become your surroundings so it depends on what you tried. Also - and this is the big issue for many - a lot of VR games seem to assume you're in a fairly large, open space without furniture or others around you. I'm not rearranging my living space to be like that, so it's a non-starter for me.
    But simply saying it is "different" when in it, is doing just that.
    It simply isn't the same experience for everyone.
    Not everyone is going to find it immersive.

Seems you have the view that it is only a good thing, which it is isn't.
    The size of the environment isn't going to work with anything but controllers of some form, due to the scale.
    That is going to have a huge influence on the immersion for players who prefer physical motion.

I was judging it from the view of the requirements, which are simply too steep and the game simply not being ready for it technically due to poor utilisation of hardware, which is something that is a way bigger "need" than VR in any form.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-24 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    But simply saying it is "different" when in it, is doing just that.
    It simply isn't the same experience for everyone.
    Not everyone is going to find it immersive.

Many of us were not judging it from the video.
    I was judging it from the view of the requirements, which are simply too steep and the game simply not being ready for it technically.
    Sigh... the point is you were NOT judging it from the VR experience. Saying the experience is bad based on.... oh fuck it. You're not worth the time. It's blindingly obvious that you can't judge the VR experience unless you've actually experienced it. Talking about the requirements is a different discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sigh... the point is you were NOT judging it from the VR experience. Saying the experience is bad based on.... oh fuck it. You're not worth the time. It's blindingly obvious that you can't judge the VR experience unless you've actually experienced it. Talking about the requirements is a different discussion.
    No, you decide that everyone who doesn't like it hasn't judged it.
    That anyone who "doesnt like vr" is lying.
    You cant accept that it isn't just some wonderful experience that everyone should simply enjoy, because you say they should.
    Well other people arent you.
    Get over it.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Idk why you'd argue against being able to see Azeroth in person.

Because "immersion" is a personal experience.
    It isnt just that or not.
    What someone finds to be that won't apply to everyone.
    Everyone is different, and will find different amounts of enjoyment out of something when compared to how much you enjoy something.
    VR isn't universally appealing, and even those who do enjoy it won't find all content equally appealing.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-24 at 11:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because DX12 or Vulkan support is waaaaay more important. Time is money and time spent on VR is wasted money.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.