Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Never said that but everybody thinks he is utter shite now just because he got sold for 35 million
    People have always said he was shit, but it's taken a money-move for people to realise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    did you watch the match tonight?
    Nope but I meant in general

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    People have always said he was shit, but it's taken a money-move for people to realise it.
    Okey, well let's see at the end of the season.

Okey, well let's see at the end of the season.
    If he scores more than 5 goals in all comps, Klopp is the new managerial God.

Gonna throw some money on that not happening.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

But if the Ox is so bad why did both Liverpool and Chelsea go after him?
    Lack of English players basically.
    Should have kept Cheek at least.

That fucking clown Emenalo.

Deleted
    if you need to meet a quota of English players in every team isn't that slowing the young talent process as you just buy and sell the ones known instead of risking it with a youngster?

I'm just asking as I've got no clue about this

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    if you need to meet a quota of English players in every team isn't that slowing the young talent process as you just buy and sell the ones known instead of risking it with a youngster?

I'm just asking as I've got no clue about this
    Exactly.
    Our youth academy is among one of the best around, but we don't utilise it ourselves.

It's a shame, but while we're winning trophies, I'm not going to be too concerned.
    Also, English players are generally not very good.

Spurs have the best English players, yet they can't win a single trophy. It's probably a catch 22. We need to play them to develop them, but they're not good enough to break into our starting 11. Bench warmers and back ups at most.

Deleted
    All meme stuff aside. Aren't the Spurs happy about their youth academy so that they don't need to sign. They got some England NT starters on their squad with special mention to DA and Kane. Levy is also a pain in the ass to negotiate with (he took part of our liver and a kidney with Modric and Bale).

Why don't you follow the model RM, Barcelona and other top clubs where we buy young talent and then send them on loan? I see Chelsea has done that with Loftus Cheek (I think he has been a promise for quite some time) and Kurt Zouma (it was said he was going to be a beast CB in years to come).

I'm genuinely curious

It's like we sent Carvajal on loan for a year to Germany and his is top 3 RB. Asensio to Espanyol and every time I see him play my jaw drops. Casemiro to Porto and he is what gives balance to our midfield and it could go on and on with Llorente, Vallejo and others if they prove themselves. Vallejo had a superb season in Germany though now injured and Llorente was the player with most recoveries past season with Alaves. Special mention to Theo (since he didn't actually come from youth or played in Castilla)
    Last edited by mmoc3b4b68ecda; 2017-09-05 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All meme stuff aside. Aren't the Spurs happy about their youth academy so that they don't need to sign. They got some England NT starters on their squad with special mention to DA and Kane. Levy is also a pain in the ass to negotiate with (he took part of our liver and a kidney with Modric and Bale).

Why don't you follow the model RM, Barcelona and other top clubs where we buy young talent and then send them on loan? I see Chelsea has done that with Loftus Cheek (I think he has been a promise for quite some time) and Kurt Zouma (it was said he was going to be a beast CB in years to come).

I'm genuinely curious

It's like we sent Carvajal on loan for a year to Germany and his is top 3 RB. Asensio to Espanyol and every time I see him play my jaw drops. Casemiro to Porto and he is what gives balance to our midfield and the least could go on and on with Llorente, Vallejo and others if they prove themselves. Vallejo had a superb season in Germany though now injured and Llorente was the player with most recoveries past season with Alaves. Special mention to Theo (since he didn't actually come from youth or played in Castilla)
    United's Academy does exactly this. It's very difficult to get the balance of established talent and new talent coming through into the first XI though, and win things, it's only teams like United, Madrid and Barca that have the resources to do that.

You have Spurs who get a lot of talent through, but don't win anything, and Chelsea and City who have great Academies but structurally just don't have a path to the First XI; so they all go out on loan and eventually sold off.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-09-05 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Southampton have done a good job, but then they're a mediocre team so they get the chance to try their youth out a bit more.

RVP has torn his cruciate ligament. Hope it hurt like fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    United's Academy does exactly this. It's very difficult to get the balance of established talent and new talent coming through into the first XI though, and win things, it's only teams like United, Madrid and Barca that have the resources to do that.

You have Spurs who get a lot of talent through, but don't win anything, and Chelsea and City who have great Academies but structurally just don't have a path to the First XI; so they all go out on loan and eventually sold off.
    I always had high thoughts about the Spurs academy despite not winning they keep their philosophy and so far it has granted them some good results in form of runner ups and going to the CL twice in a row considering how hard it is to do that in the Premier League. I'm a big fan of Pochettino. I, myself, didn't expect Son to be such a good player and there he is

10+ Year Old Account
    I always had high thoughts about the Spurs academy despite not winning they keep their philosophy and so far it has granted them some good results in form of runner ups and going to the CL twice in a row considering how hard it is to do that in the Premier League. I'm a big fan of Pochettino. I, myself, didn't expect Son to be such a good player and there he is
    I can't respect a team that expends such effort to get into the Champion's League, only to field weakened teams to get out of it, just so they can focus on getting back into it. It's a pointless cycle that deprives teams that genuinely want it of the opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    RVP has torn his cruciate ligament. Hope it hurt like fuck.
    Why the hate for RVP? Ivan Rakitic also suffered an injury whilst on international duty.

Time for Paulinho to step up and prove everyone wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Why the hate for RVP?
    He left Arsenal cause he wanted to pursue a prize, had the best season of his career and won the title with United while leaving Le Arse in tears.

A betrayal that would make Game of Thrones blush.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-09-05 at 01:50 PM.

I'm genuinely curious
    Chelsea usually have twice the number of loanees of any other club in the EPL. They make a decent profit on a lot of them, so in one sense it works well, but I'd guess the fans would love to see some of those players coming through.

Bro.

You cannot out-loan Chelsea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I can't respect a team that expends such effort to get into the Champion's League, only to field weakened teams to get out of it, just so they can focus on getting back into it. It's a pointless cycle that deprives teams that genuinely want it of the opportunity.
    I believe they will follow that until they get on higher rounds of the CL. The best 4 have access to it and they gained it by being 2nd of all spots iirc.

You need to start some where if you want to go to the top. City didn't have a CL legacy and slowly turning that as did Chelsea afaik since Roman took over.

https://streamable.com/h8dld

I know it doesn't matter here but congrats Syria for making it to a playoff (vs Australia or Saudi Arabia) to get into the World Cup.

Deleted
    I heard about it. Would be awesome they make it to the WC in Russia of all places.

- - - Updated - - -

Spain playing 3-4-3 today. All that talent in the mid with Silva Morata and Pedro up. They gonna park the bus but we should at least get 4 goals

- - - Updated - - -

Just for you Valeron, Ramos scored lol

So apparently, Delli Ali is being 'investigated' by FIFA for using the middle finger?

What is the world coming to? England won an important game, and people are more focused on the fact that Deli did a one-finger salute? Things like this make my blood boil.