Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I notice this, players suddenly go half speed when they're on the ball, suddenly the most sluggish players can catch them.
    I mean...he had a 15 yard headstart over Eriksen? If not more.

Oh well, I don't think Spurs deserved to win at all today, not entirely sure we deserved to lose but Man U created more clear cut chances and took one that won them the game, can't really argue with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very poor quality game. ManU deserved winner. Llorente has same problem as Vincent Janssen.

Not sure what Eriksen was thinking there, when the entire team is attacking, he walks away from Lindgard to cover midfield.

Lingard is painfully mediocre and needs to go. Eriksen had more run in his legs 90 minutes in than Lingard who had been on for 15 minutes.

"We're not the Harry Kane team"

Oops
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Lingard is painfully mediocre and needs to go.
    3 goals and 2 assists in 9 games, 5 of them coming off the bench. He does a specific job, and brings a fresh pair of legs late in the game when opponents are tired.

Today was odd, even running slower on the ball, he's not usually that slow. Mind it's also raining heavily, ball doesn't move across the pitch as smooth.

Painfully mediocre? Come off it, you sound like you're talking about Darren Gibson.

3 goals and 2 assists in 9 games, 5 of them coming off the bench. He does a specific job, and brings a fresh pair of legs late in the game when opponents are tired.

Today was odd, even running slower on the ball, he's not usually that slow. Mind it's also raining heavily, ball doesn't move across the pitch as smooth.

Painfully mediocre? Come off it, you sound like you're talking about Darren Gibson.
    No he really is mediocre. Fair game he got 2 goals in the LEAGUE CUP against Swansea but he's not good enough. Case in point his "1on1". He doesn't have the pace, he doesn't really have any technical ability and he's a pretty light weight player who also isn't that creative when it comes to opening up chances. Sure, he gets the occasional goals, but if this is where we're happy setting the bar, we're not gonna return to the level we once played at where challenging for CL and winning the league was realistic every season.

10+ Year Old Account

Should have been an assist for Lukaku today as well. He creates a lot, he never stops running, always in defenders faces. He just doesn't get the game time.

Oh, he also scores in cup finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 goals against a Premier League team away.

You can cite one example where he's on the ball in heavy rain as a lack of pace.

He's not a starter, you don't expect him to be in the first 11, that's not his role, but don't make it sound like you need a squad of purely world class players to win the Champions League.

People like May, Anderson, Bosingwa, Traore, Greening, Baros are all Champions League winners, and Lingard is better than any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

City and West Brom have forgotten how to defend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    "Arsenal manages to escape against the mighty Swansea after Wenger's brilliant tactical changes during halftime. The ink on Wenger's 20 year contract extension is still wet!"

- - - Updated - - -

And Palace continue to sit snugly at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wenger really is a waste of space.

Deleted
    Couldn't find a decent stream for palace, just assumed we'd be shite. I seem to get amnesia every week where i think 'palace might actually win, better not bet against them'.

Watching the England kids game, decent little match.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Couldn't find a decent stream for palace, just assumed we'd be shite. I seem to get amnesia every week where i think 'palace might actually win, better not bet against them'.
    It's called hope. I believe it's a human defence mechanism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sir frank View Post
    it's called hope. I believe it's a human defence mechanism.
    zahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

England 3-2

Now all i need is chelsea to win and my bet comes in.

Deleted
    4-2. Incredible year for England's youth teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to the Platinum generation hype in 2022

you never know. U17 is the worst predictor for senior national teams though

Deleted
    Gotta ask though, what are all the compression bras they wear now about?

don't they have some sort of gizmo that keeps track of heart rate, distance run, and other fitness stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    don't they have some sort of gizmo that keeps track of heart rate, distance run, and other fitness stats?
    Thought most of that was a chip in the boots.

Deleted
    Heart rate monitors and GPS trackers I believe. If only Frank Lampard had a bra for his man-titties all those years we might have won something.