Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

Surprisingly, he hasn't become Darth Vader yet.
    Even the AFTV lot have realised what most have years ago and they're giving up.

Took wenger less than a minute to mention the busy schedule. Learning from the best.

- - - Updated - - -

friendly reminder Nottingham forest is 14th in the championship, have lost or drawn their past 5 games, and they have a care taker manager in at the moment
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-01-07 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    No such thing as white privilege.
    Please don't bring this leftie, American bullshit in here.

Cheers
    Haha...oh wait you're serious?

Deleted
    Can we not bring politics in here?

Racism is bad, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Haha...oh wait you're serious?
    Well yes, it's utter bullshit.
    Privilege comes from your family, and upbringing. Not your colour.

Feel free to PM me.

Firebane, PSG look pretty damn good today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Firebane, PSG look pretty damn good today.
    Yup they are a scary outfit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Real well on their way to having its worst season in recent times and potentially missing CL football.

What a world we live in.

Better sell Bale and keep Benzema, right?

Ronaldo was a passenger today, Bale was very good. Guess who got subbed out?

Deleted
    Real are so far behind Barca it's unbelievable.

Unless they mentally collapse again, I expect PSG to beat Madrid in the CL

10+ Year Old Account
    My honest opinion of Zidane:

I'm going to preface by stating that I've been supporting Real since 2001 and I'm thankful for what Zidane has accomplished as a player, and as a manager in such a short amount of time.

People have to realize that when Zidane took over, he was essentially taking over a team that was stacked with talent and depth at every position. That foundation was put in place by Mou and Ancelotti already – so it didn’t matter who was taking over so long as they had an attacking mindset. It didn’t matter who replaced Benitez at that point – the team just wanted change over Rafa’s defensive approach and general incompetence.

Enter Zidane: The players react positively because he’s a club legend, and are motivated as ever. Real are no longer bound to Rafa’s defensive tactics and the team is reborn. That’s it… That’s the psychology behind his success.

Let’s be honest: this narrative was never going to last long. Now it’s the laws of averages working itself out. It’s called a ‘sample size’ for a reason. A sample size too small and numbers are too skewed and you don’t get an accurate representation. A larger sample size and you see the real averages in terms of winning percentages and what a manager is really capable of. It’s only going to get worse. Zidane isn’t a masterclass tactician. At the end of the day, we saw that against Betis when Setién toyed with him. This isn’t just one or two matches where Zidane has been tactically outclassed, it’s been nearly five months in making now. It’s been half a season for crying out loud! Obviously the players have been under-performing and that’s not helping Zidane’s case, but he’s not even trying to experiment with different starting line-ups. That in itself is cause for concern.. Managers have been sacked for much less in the end. Moreover, how often has Zidane been totally clueless when it comes to subbing players? How many times has he delayed subs, bringing them on at the 75th or 80th minute instead of the 60th? How many times has he been stubborn regarding Benzema starting? This isn’t football manager, this is the real world. These are not good traits to have… Eventually you’re going to get burned.

If you were to put Zidane at any mid table club in any of the top flight leagues – he would flat out get relegated during his first season in charge. That I have no doubts. Pep, is a masterclass tactician. Ancelotti, is a masterclass tactician. Mou, is a masterclass tactician (although I’m not quite sure what’s happened to him lately). He seems to be afraid of his own success over there at United. Conte, is a masterclass tactician. Zidane, just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Yes, Zidane already has won 3-4 years quota of silverware with this team. That’s the only silver lining regarding this whole mess of a situation. However, that can be forgotten quickly if we miss the CL next season. And let’s all be clear here. If Zidane gets ‘sacked’, he won’t be sacked in a true sense. Flo will simply tell Zidane to resign. You can’t "sack" a legend after all, right? Or maybe you can o_0 (probably not though).

/rant. I'm tired, and pissed. Reals defense are in shambles and Ronaldo's form in La Liga is abysmal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Can we not bring politics in here?

Racism is bad, end of.
    It's bad, it's also not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Well yes, it's utter bullshit.
    Privilege comes from your family, and upbringing. Not your colour.

Feel free to PM me.
    Class absolutely helps to mitigate, the richer your family and better your contacts the easier time you'll find; but gender, sexuality and colour are still generally impediments when they're not white, cis, hetero male. And also less likely to have those things.

Anyway, that's a topic of Gen-Off, and I've had enough of it in there. Back to football.
    Ronaldo was a passenger today, Bale was very good. Guess who got subbed out?
    TBF Bale has hardly played, probably isn't fit for 90 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Real are so far behind Barca it's unbelievable.
    To think at the start of this thread we'd written Barca off, and had Real down for winning everything...

Unless they mentally collapse again, I expect PSG to beat Madrid in the CL
    Cant wait till PSG crashes out of the CL and people stop over hyping them because they rip it up in a bad league.

And beating the current RM is no big feat, even spurs have done it
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-01-07 at 09:49 PM.

PSG is the 4th best team in Europe (after Barca, Bayern, Man City).

Deleted
    I honestly expect PSG to smash a few establishment teams to absolute smithereens.

They learnt from the remontada - and remember the first leg of that tie.
    They obliterated Barca. No chance they cave in again in the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    PSG have a bunch of stars and are sandbagging it in a farmers league. They'll probably beat Real - it wouldn't surprise me with how we're currently playing. I don't think they'll advance much deeper TBH. Tactically PSG aren't very strong either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I honestly expect PSG to smash a few establishment teams to absolute smithereens.

They learnt from the remontada - and remember the first leg of that tie.
    They obliterated Barca. No chance they cave in again in the same way.
    Rofl... I'll remember this come March.

PSG have great individual players but that is all they are, a team of individuals

I take it you haven't watched PSG play then. I only have seen one bad game from them (vs Bayern away and that game didn't matter unless it was an obscene scoreline). They will give any top team a run for their money. I agree with Firebane (and I know it kills him to say that about PSG).

Quote Originally Posted by eu2016champsDEALWITHIT View Post
    PSG have a bunch of stars and are sandbagging it in a farmers league. They'll probably beat Real - it wouldn't surprise me with how we're currently playing. I don't think they'll advance much deeper TBH. Tactically PSG aren't very strong either.

- - - Updated - - -

Rofl... I'll remember this come March.
    I agree with them not being so strong tactically. At the Allianz Arena Heynckes changed the tactics and the only PSG player who had a good game was Mbappé. They struggled to get anything done and Bayern had it quite easy considering the opposition. Thiago would have been a joy to watch in that game.

Edit: They got 8 goals on target but I would say perhaps half of them were decent or better.

I take it you haven't watched PSG play then. I only have seen one bad game from them (vs Bayern away and that game didn't matter unless it was an obscene scoreline). They will give any top team a run for their money. I agree with Firebane (and I know it kills him to say that about PSG).
    I'll admit I havent watch much of them, that league is garbage and PSG are gross. But from what I have seen the players, particularly the attacking players are more interested in running half the field making the highlight reel and winning ballon d'ors than setting their team mates up with an easy assist or letting them take the free kick