Question Need some help putting together new gaming/stream build ($1300 limt)

Hi all. I would like some help putting together a new build here soon. Don't need peripherals right now or monitor but will need an OS factored into the budget.

$1300 is my budget here. Trying to piece together the best rig I can for gaming and streaming capabilities. Intel only please!! Would also like an SSD of course. Would also like the NZXT phantom 410 as my case of choice (just think it looks nifty). Appreciate any and all help provided. Thanks guys.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($323.89 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - Z270 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($117.39 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($131.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($68.06 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card ($514.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.79 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $1318.87
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-23 08:28 EDT-0400

The nzxt 410 is a really old design and is a dust magnet, id stay away from it if at all possible. This is closest i could get to 1300, no SSD but a hybrid HDD really is very similar to SSD in boot up times/program loading.

As for windows just go to kinguin and you can get a copy for 25-30 dollars, ive bought many from there with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wombpolluter View Post
    ... Trying to piece together the best rig I can for gaming and streaming capabilities. Intel only please!!...
    The highlighted parts contradict and don't make sense in a time where there is AMD Ryzen and Threadripper. Intel is completely annihilated on the multitasking fronts evident and proven by every reputable hardware website/youtuber.
    My advice would be to reconsider the "Intel only" part or if not, then to have solid reasons why - for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Streaming really isnt all that intensive. While i am a proponent of ryzen i wont not suggest people buy a 7700k, i5's are the CPU's that no one should be buying.

Deleted

Relevant video.

I used to stream on an i5, there were almost no loss of FPS after turning OBS on. I dont really care what that guys video says, streaming makes almost zero difference if you input settings correctly.

Remember, i own a ryzen 1700.

There are reasons to buy a 1700 over a 7700k. but i dont put streaming at the top of the list.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-07-23 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I used to stream on an i5, there were almost no loss of FPS after turning OBS on. I dont really care what that guys video says, streaming makes almost zero difference if you input settings correctly.

Remember, i own a ryzen 1700.
    If you watched the video, he goes into the users who watch the video experience, if you are streaming, the end user experience needs to be decent as well.

The end result was, the end user experience watching the stream has smoother footage, otherwise your own FPS experience isn't hit hard, theres 2 sides to the coin when it comes to streaming.

I personally switch from someones stream if its choppy, even worse, choppy and grainy/blocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    If you watched the video, he goes into the users who watch the video experience, if you are streaming, the end user experience needs to be decent as well.

The end result was, the end user experience watching the stream has smoother footage, otherwise your own FPS experience isn't hit hard, theres 2 sides to the coin when it comes to streaming.
    You can stream with an i5 and never drop a single frame. I guarantee that guy didnt use the veryfast preset, that is the preset you should be using for OBS no matter what CPU you are using. Of course if they use one of the most stressful presets you would notice a difference, but there is no point in doing that as the quality bumps above veryfast is huge diminishing returns in regards to CPU usage.

There is also the option to use nvidia decoder which looks really good these days. Again there are reasons to buy ryzen over a 7700k, streaming imo is not a good example of why.

- - - Updated - - -

From the article:
    with encoder settings configured to H264 and “Faster.”

OBS comes out of the box at veryfast and that is where it runs best. Trust me when i say this, had they run the program like 99% of users do (default settings) his results would be very very different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You can stream with an i5 and never drop a single frame. I guarantee that guy didnt use the veryfast preset, that is the preset you should be using for OBS no matter what CPU you are using. Of course if they use one of the most stressful presets you would notice a difference, but there is no point in doing that as the quality bumps above veryfast is huge diminishing returns in regards to CPU usage.

There is also the option to use nvidia decoder which looks really good these days. Again there are reasons to buy ryzen over a 7700k, streaming imo is not a good example of why.
    At least from a rendering standpoint, theres a huge bloody difference, very fast is fine if you do use an I5, but if you have the horsepower and the OP budget allows for horsepower, then it does matter.

I only ever use very fast if you need to show something to someone, but to showcase footage, do your viewers a favour and put something better quality, also GPU coding is lossy to fuck.

He also went by viewers request, not his own.

Bottom line is either CPU's are fine with both having ups and downs.

1700 WILL allow your system to last longer. I am going to have this PC for 5 or 6 years and it will still be a very capable system then, 7700k wont. 7700k is for people that upgrade every 3 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Streaming on an r7 feels and looks a lot better than streaming on an intel i7 when using cpu encoding. Nvenc encoding looks like crap at low bitrates (which streaming sites restrict you to).