so fast it would make your head spin

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just play both.

Deleted
    Yep, probably.

Deleted
    Why? No.

The only difference i see would be the setting and lore...
    These being a lot worse in D3 than in WoW.

I don't think Blizzard should make another MMO until WoW is effectively dead and runs on a skeleton crew.

Just keep playing WoW, it's already well on its way to being a Diablo MMO

If the game is not focused on cosmetic items/transmog, yes definitely!

Probably, yes. Diablo is generally a pretty good series. Being able to make friends and long-lasting groups like guilds to do larger group content like raids or pvp in the setting and combat of Diablo would make for a pretty compelling experience. As long as there was good character customization, and there remained a way to experience a good story solo while offline/invisible, I think I could definitely get in to something like this.

D2 and D3 are pretty addictive games with insane amounts of time required. Playing a new seasson for 8+ hours a day / 7 days a week is "casual gaming".
    People play it because of the addictive mechanics and not because of the Diablo theme.

If the story or Diablo theme is all you like, you would play the game 1 day and not for HUNDREDS of played days.

I fear, Blizzard could one day make a super addictive MMO with MyLittlePony's and we would play it.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    There is only like 10 towns in all of Sanctuary and unless they pull a Other side of Sanctuary, I dont think there is enough lore and zones to pull off a full mmo.
    Well Warcraft was made from almost scratch too. Just look at W3 Map during loading screen and at current WoW map.

Diablo MMO is a stupid idea. So no.
    Your birthing was stupid idea.

No.

Diablo should always remain a '3d isometric' RPG.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

They're not gonna need a Diablo MMO if WoW continues in the direction it does. I mean, Mythic + had enough resemblance to Rifts in D3, now with 7.3 they're ACTUALLY bringing Rifts to WoW (which is pretty much the only content of D3).

Deleted
    Exactly. WoW is already almost a D3 MMO and in 7.3 convergence gets even closer.

I think Diablo would transition to an MMO very well. It has a low tech medieval fantasy feel to it, with a lot of potential for dungeons and raids and places to explore. It already has a MMO-ish class structure, it's not like people don't know what a Crusader or Wizard is. And there's a lot of room for new lore. With a new engine in place, the game could look very cool with a more serious, gritty, dark gothic feel. I'd play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    D3 was terrible for a long time yes but its in a decent state now, and D2 has a lot of nostalgia to it, tried playing it the other day and really can't get into it anymore.
    It would be tough to play now cause it's 20+ years old lol For it's time it was 100x better than D3 ever was. D3 was fucking aweful until a year in.

Probably, at the least i'd give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Not for a DIablo MMO.
    For a Starcraft MMO? Nope, but I'd quit playing other games to play the shit out of my Terran Ghost.

Most likely yeah.. but not if they copy/paste the wow questing and such.. I would need something new but I do prefer the slightly darker setting of Diablo to WoW.

Also, much much nastier opponents in Diablo, which is awesome! I much rather hunt Diablo, Mephisto, Baal and god knows what than reincarnation no4 of Kil'Jaeden or something like that.

Isn't Diablo 3 already an MMO?

There are tons of players and you can play with them? Games like World of tanks are considered MMOs and other small party FPS.

Is it not already?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dev'olution View Post
    No.

Diablo should always remain a '3d isometric' RPG.
    UO was a 3d isometric game... It was an MMO