Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    you can take your meme back to /pol/. No need to smear /pol/lution on every single interesting article that just so happens to coincide with your agenda.
    wuz

kaaaaaaaaangz

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-24 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Yeah, that DNA evidence is shit, we should just accept that Didactic knows different.

Those people look like South Eastern Mediterraneas do nowadays, they do not look particularly Greek, as their portraits are from the South Eastern Mediterranean region, then there is a good chance they were native to there. Or according to you, there might have been some massive population shifts, which has left no DNA evidence behind. Hmm...yeah, I am going to go with those pesky experts again and not your Ancient Aliens-worthy argument.
    Or you can just claim I'm saying things that I'm actually not. Which is your usual MO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I do not see how those portraits look like Egyptians. They look almost identical to the Greek portrait I linked earlier.
    Try going to Egypt and the surrounding countries, then go to Greece and see who they look like. I have been doing just that for over 40 years, so I do not give a toss what you linked earlier. It was a shit painting and could have been just about any dark haired person from Egypt to Peru, whereas the ones in the OP have much greater realism and you can tell their ethnicity.

The point is that Ptolemy was the ancestor of the entire Ptolemaic dynasty, and his lieutenants also married into the Egyptian nobility. Those lines largely inbred, preserving a Helleno-Egyptian ruling class that was genetically distinct from their subjects.
    I was talking about the ruling classes as a whole, not just the royal family. Most of the ruling class would have been native, this was eminently practical, otherwise the Ptolemaic dynsaty would have been unable to staff its senior roles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or you can just claim I'm saying things that I'm actually not. Which is your usual MO.
    Perhaps you could try to form a coherent argument next time, which I know would be going against your usual MO, but you might enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Try going to Egypt and the surrounding countries, then go to Greece and see who they look like. I have been doing just that for over 40 years, so I do not give a toss what you linked earlier. It was a shit painting and could have been just about any dark haired person from Egypt to Peru, whereas the ones in the OP have much greater realism and you can tell their ethnicity.

I was talking about the ruling classes as a whole, not just the royal family. Most of the ruling class would have been native, this was eminently practical, otherwise the Ptolemaic dynsaty would have been unable to staff its senior roles.
    It's an actual Greek painting, just like the ones linked in the OP. If you think it's shit you're wildly inconsistent.

And I'm also talking about more than just the Royal family, or did you miss that part about Ptolemy's lieutenants? Ptolemy wasn't the only Greek person involved in maintaining control of Egypt after Alexander passed.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I sincerely hope so because of the mustache.
    2 of them are, the third is probably a woman.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Why does every interesting article have to be contaminated with this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?