Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Extremely possible without pruning other classes using a bit of imagination.
    Would also sell (as would a tinker) to the majority despite what the whiney vocal minority on mmochamp suggest imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Should definitely happen when we get an expansion that is death focused. New class is always tied to the expansion, so you for example don't get a Necromancer in Mists of Pandaria, but a Monk.

So if we'll ever have to fight scourge again or the new lich king offers his help against the old gods, then Necromancer is to be expected. A bit too similar to death knights and warlocks, but so is demon hunter similar to all other melee classes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Easy, add this as a 4th spec for death knights --there we go.

Shaking my head at all these "But DK's" replies, when paladins and priests exist together just fine. Shit I remember people commenting that the DH could just be another lock speck...and here we are.

Yes, a necromancer class can be done. I am also of the belief that it is the most likely new hero class especially if 9.0 is scourge related.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Idk maybe because cloned spells exist since the game is alive, dead, ressurected and undead.

Aff Warlocks and Shadow Priest have exactly : 2 Dots and one channel spell in their basic rotation.

Holy Paladins and Holy Priests shared Holy Light for the longest of time and right now they have the same spell named different.Flash Heal and Flash of Light.

Glaive Thow and Throw Weapon.

Basically every spell that deals Physical damage when used.

Stealth and Prowl.

If we start nick picking every spell that was ever used for another class mechanically we would have most classes been stripped from their spells, Warlocks would have less them they have now.
    Who the hell is talking about cloned spells? I'm talking about taking ideas from classes that have been in place since vanilla and giving them to other classes at the expense of classes already in the game. People don't play Priests and Paladins for the same reason. Priest players want to be healers and supporters, or worshippers of dark gods. Paladin players want to play heavily armored champions of the light.

I guarantee you that the exact same fanbase who plays Warlocks or DKs would gravitate towards a Necromancer, because everything that makes those classes appealing ALSO makes the Necro appealing. The entire curse, dark caster, soul stealing theme from Warlocks and the entire undead summoning, disease spreading theme from DKs ain't one spell, its the reason why people play those classes in the first place. It's the best part of both classes, and you just want to take them away from us and shove them into some new shiny class.

And what about, well idk, other possible ideas that Blizzard could draw spells upon?
    Easy: Put them in the Warlock or DK class! Don't put new and cool ideas that could make DKs and Warlocks better into another class. That screws over those players who have probably invested years into their classes, but now have to play second fiddle to some FotM copy cat who gets better versions of their abilities.

Bone constructs, Create stronger undead from lesser corpses, make a endless waves from the corpses of your minions( summoning and ressumoning when they die), manipulate life, Poisons, turn into a Lich, Souls.
    WTF!?! DKs and Warlocks already do that stuff....

I really don't get the arguments about overlap when there are already specs with a lot of overlap. If the class plays differently enough from DK (which it would since it would be a ranged caster most likely) then it really doesn't matter that there is overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I really don't get the arguments about overlap when there are already specs with a lot of overlap. If the class plays differently enough from DK (which it would since it would be a ranged caster most likely) then it really doesn't matter that there is overlap.
    A good portion of the DK's abilities are ranged, so it wouldn't be very different at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    Who the hell is talking about cloned spells?
    Demonology Warlocks got destroyed in order to make way for Demon Hunters, then brought back as a Demonic Empowerment spamming abomination. Why are some people so willing to see mainly Unholy Death Knight's, some of Affliction Warlock's, and to a minor extent Shadow Priest's abilities taken or duplicated while potentially ruining the specializations in question just to see a Necromancer class?
    I may have switched the word in my reply, but hey, your words not mine.

I'm talking about taking ideas from classes that have been in place since vanilla and giving them to other classes at the expense of classes already in the game. People don't play Priests and Paladins for the same reason. Priest players want to be healers and supporters, or worshippers of dark gods. Paladin players want to play heavily armored champions of the light.

I guarantee you that the exact same fanbase who plays Warlocks or DKs would gravitate towards a Necromancer, because everything that makes those classes appealing ALSO makes the Necro appealing. The entire curse, dark caster, soul stealing theme from Warlocks and the entire undead summoning, disease spreading theme from DKs ain't one spell, its the reason why people play those classes in the first place. It's the best part of both classes, and you just want to take them away from us and shove them into some new shiny class.

Easy: Put them in the Warlock or DK class! Don't put new and cool ideas that could make DKs and Warlocks better into another class. That screws over those players who have probably invested years into their classes, but now have to play second fiddle to some FotM copy cat who gets better versions of their abilities.

WTF!?! DKs and Warlocks already do that stuff....
    Maybe some those spells were never theirs to begin with, Meta was orignally a Dh spell.If blizzard did with that intention, if i agree or not, if its true or not.

If someone "stole"something from someone, it was Warlocks from Dh.

Yes i clearly want stuff taken away from my own class, Dk, to make another. /sarcasm.

And i simply amazed by the mentality, people actually believe that the class designers would just,even when re-using old themes, copy their own existent creations instead of MAKING NEW STUFF.Yea Uh Dk have Raise Dead but there is hundreds of variations of how to summon a fucking undead.

Like yea, Dh now got meta, but what about all the other spells that were used to create two specs?

Control souls have many possibilities that if all of them were put in the Warlock just because he dealed with Souls first, the class would be filled with a bunch of spells that don't fit the fantasy of the class.Just because a idea was already seen used before doesn't mean it was used in its entirety or doesn't mean it can be revisited to create something new or improve something new OR YOU KNOW, BOTH.

Also.they can turn into a Lich?I don't hink we are playing the same game then.

Of course. Just look at how far Blizzard went for DH; they completely reworked demo to make it work removing iconic spells like meta. If Blizz wants necromancers they can make it work.

Blizz easily can do it, just remove few of unholy dk and warlock spell and give them new stuff and then make necromancer with permanent army of dead stuff with some blood and bone magic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camet View Post
    With us defeating the legion, I think it would make sense for the locks to move in that direction
    Wouldn't really make any sense at all. We defeated the Scourge years ago but that didn't mean that the Death Knights would start looking for a new power source. The vast majority of demons will still be around after we defeat the Legion.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2017-07-25 at 05:14 AM.

This would be a Cloth Tank.

Make. It. Happen.

I always figured the best way to implement Necromancers would be to make them a reflection of Warlocks. Swap out the Fire damage for Frost damage, swap out the Demon summons for Undead summons, change the names and graphics of the spells, but keep the numbers the same. That way, there wouldn't be an extra class to balance. So as far as game mechanics go, they'd be almost identical to Warlocks, but they'd have their own flavor.

I believe SW:TOR uses something like this so they have mechanically identical classes on bith factions, with different class names and ability names.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Hopefully Blizzard isn't stupid enough to implement this class into the game. Warlock and DK fans would riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    A good portion of the DK's abilities are ranged, so it wouldn't be very different at all.
    DKs are melee classes with some ranged abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Illidari View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard isn't stupid enough to implement this class into the game. Warlock and DK fans would riot!
    Why? They wouldn't be affected in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why? They wouldn't be affected in any way.
    A new class that is a shadowy caster who summons creatures, steal life energy and can spread DoT poison?

Why would you roll a Warlock with something like that in the game? Everyone knows Necromancers are a more popular concept than Warlocks. I think DKs would be angry because another class is taking their claim to fame, but they'll be okay because they wear armor and swing big swords. However, I think Warlocks would really be upset because a new class is pretty much taking away their niche as WoW's "evil caster class".

No. Death Knights (Blood/Unholy) are already Necromancers. It's impossible to implement a class that's relying on summoning Undeads and spreading diseases when it's already in game.

Possible? Sure. Likely? Hard to say, but I don't think so. It overlaps with other classes too much. Even moreso than DH did, espeically with Legion making a big focus on "spec identidy." Demonology Warlocks fill the ranged caster who summons lots of pets and Unholy cover the Dark Melee Warrior who summons the dead. What gameplay niche would they fill that isn' already covered? I know that new classes one of the biggest and easiest ways to generate hype and get old people to come try the new thing, but I also think WoW is getting close to what should be it's limit. If/when Blizzard adds more classes I think they sould really ask "what does this bring that something else doesn't and that is where I question Necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Illidari View Post
    A new class that is a shadowy caster who summons creatures, steal life energy and can spread DoT poison?

Why would you roll a Warlock with something like that in the game? Everyone knows Necromancers are a more popular concept than Warlocks. I think DKs would be angry because another class is taking their claim to fame, but they'll be okay because they wear armor and swing big swords. However, I think Warlocks would really be upset because a new class is pretty much taking away their niche as WoW's "evil caster class".
    Because you want to play a warlock and summon demons and hurl fire/felfire and shadow magic? What a ridiculous line of thought. People who want to play warlocks will play warlocks, people who want to play necromancers would play necromancers. Just like people who want to play rogues play rogues and people who want to play demon hunters play demon hunters.

No. Death Knights (Blood/Unholy) are already Necromancers. It's impossible to implement a class that's relying on summoning Undeads and spreading diseases when it's already in game.
    Not anymore impossible than having two classes that rely on using the light; two classes that use pets; three agile, lightly armored melee classes; or multiple classes that use bleeds, fire, frost, etc.

To begin with, diseases are currently an extremely minor part of Death Knights, rather than the focus. They're effectively a passive dot for both Frost and Blood, and a button you hit every now and then for Unholy. That's like saying warriors having rend and hunters having piercing shots prevents the existence of Feral. Hell, Assassination is a spec that is far more about bleeds than DKs are about diseases, and yet Feral exists.

The same is true of summoning undead, overlap depends on execution, not a general summation. Fury, Outlaw and Enhancement are all just dual-wielding fighters, the difference is in the execution and mechanics. I don't think anyone would argue that Outlaw and Fury are the same thing, even though they are both just whacking at targets with physical attacks from a pair of swords.

Unholy has a very specific interaction with its pet, just like Demo has with its pet and BM and survival hunters have with theirs. There's really plenty of room for necromancers without touching or even slightly modifying warlocks or DKs.