Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh yea and the reason why mirages don't dodge anymore is because they don't want to get sand in their clothes.

Fucking lol
    I kinda like that, actually :P My Mesmer totally wouldn't roll around in the sand.

Horses can sidestep, but not at anything resembling their forward speed.

The question becomes one of banking/turning, and more mass reduces turning radius (see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...8/#!po=5.93750). Even an Asura on a raptor is too heavy for cheetah-style redirects.

Of course, the real point is the purpose of the mounts in-game: to cut travel time/enlarge the world, and to add mount-based "puzzles"/barriers. Sharp turns or close quarters aren't their intended purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    Hey all, i bought the game years ago and never really made it past 30ish.
    I booted it up the other week and am up to 56 (on a mesmer) but i also boguht the expansion and have 2x 80 boosts (thinking rev and engi) but is it worth fully hitting 80 once before boosting or am i pretty right with general mmo mechanics to boost straight away
    You may want to boost one toon to 80 now and unlock gliding and mounts (when pof launches), as lower level toons will benefit from it, and they're fast unlocks. Then go back to your mesmer. Just a thought.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I kinda like that, actually :P My Mesmer totally wouldn't roll around in the sand.

It's funny because they didn't have too explain that part but they did and it's great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Which just seems uninspired because Mesmer (In GW2 at least) was already thematically a mix of mage/thief in a lot of ways.
    Ye I said this before but mirage is what mesmer should have been all along so it feels like a cop out when we get a elite spec that's literally just skills taken from thieves
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Playing the demo a bit...really don't like the mount movement system. It seems to take the system they use for player characters and ramp everything up to 11, make it pretty unenjoyable for me. At least I'm not getting motion sickness like others are reporting.

Hot damn the city looks pretty freaking great though. Shame that what I'm playing isn't clicking with me so far, because the new zone looks pretty gorgeous so far.

Now to wait for next weekend to try out the new weapons and shit.

Hearing the name, "Mirage" I was kinda hoping for a spec where the Mesmer IS the illusion, so to speak. Like instead of summoning illusions/phantasms, you build up some kind of energy by way of the new skills that you can unleash to perform some of the traditional shatters and maybe some new stuff.

Sort of a warrior/mesmer hybrid rather than thief/mesmer. A magically-charged melee fighter or something.
    Not gonna lie I'm salty as fuck that warriors got spell breaker.

That's literally gw1 mesmer and they gave it to warriors

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the mounts feel amazing...like I'm steering a creature and not just floating through the air on a pixel machine. Wildstar had some jacked up movement and physics in beta, so I know how bad it can be. This is pretty much perfect to me.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think the mounts feel amazing...like I'm steering a creature and not just floating through the air on a pixel machine. Wildstar had some jacked up movement and physics in beta, so I know how bad it can be. This is pretty much perfect to me.
    Yea I like the mounts too. It feels like it's part of something meaningful rather than a mount from wow which is just purely for speed. The raptor is more for gaps than transportation. I'm sure one of three mounts though will be for speed

It's a small section of the zone, with 1 mount and no elite specs. I spent like 5 minutes there and it's cool enough, but I didn't bother doing a lot. I already pre-ordered, so I'll be spending a couple months there anyway! The zone had a lot of oric and ancient wood nodes, not sure if that's going to remain or if it was just a demo thing? Same with the loads of cloth and stuff mentioned above, maybe it's just demo-goodies for some reason?

I liked the mount well enough, I wonder if the others might be more agile.

For those that didn't want mounts to be Mastery related, the way this one (raptor) works is you get a little tail swoop attack and a jump. First mastery makes attack do more damage, second makes the attack round up/ pull enemies in, third is a longer jump, 4th makes all mounts attack more damage.

Third one will probably be the one needed for some areas, which is what some folks disliked the idea of I believe.
    You auto dismount when gathering, and combat and conversations. You can't mount in combat. Mounting is X key and is very quick/ smooth.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    The bounties have diablo like affixes. They work in theory, though some are noticeable than others. One is completly bugged.

For instance, some give you a buff if you're close to the target, some make you move in and out of range to do damage, one drops rotating laser beams on the ground, etc. The broken one (or maybe the mechanic isn't fully understood and players are triggering it?) spawns a bunch of sparks that heal the boss. Literally hundreds of these things spawn to the point of complete FPS drops. If they aren't dealt with they will heal a boss at 20% back to full...The group I was in killed about 1/3 of the bosses that had the buff.

I really like the map and hope the attention to detail is seen on the rest of the maps. Also hoping for at least 1 vertical map and one map with a meta like HoT zones. The zones seem pretty big if they go all the way down to the orange and purple craters on the map (signifying where Balthazar and Kralk's armies are fighting).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So are you supposed to be able to solo the bounties? Picked a champion one and it was easy enough, but the boss spent so much time in an evade state that there was no way I was going to make the timer alone.
    The champions should be soloable with the timer. The legendary is not

is guild wars 2 any fun and worth getting i would love to play another mmorpg besides wow and well wondering if its worth doing gw2
    mr pickles

The core game is free to play, doesn't hurt to try it out

Hm. Maybe I'll try a different one, then. Seemed like the one I tried evaded at least 30% of the time, was annoying.
    They're calling it a demo rather than a beta, but I'm sure it's a bit of both.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    is guild wars 2 any fun and worth getting i would love to play another mmorpg besides wow and well wondering if its worth doing gw2
    Yes. It's a very amazing game. Base game is F2P with restrictions so no harm in trying that.

Only thing I don't like are Masteries in the expansion but they aren't so bad.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us...-Free-Core-HoT
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-13 at 08:41 PM.

Was looking over the mirage traits and one gives 1.5 seconds of protection after a mirage.

And another one summons an axe that applies 1 stack of torment when you shatter.

Who designs this crap? how the fuck is that even worth taking

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes. It's a very amazing game. Base game is F2P with restrictions so no harm in trying that.

Only thing I don't like are Masteries in the expansion but they aren't so bad.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us...-Free-Core-HoT

unbelievably rude of you just a creepy stalker looks like slipmat was right about you

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    unbelievably rude of you just a creepy stalker looks like slipmat was right about you
    It's rude of me that I told someone to try a game and gave them a link to account types?

Or are you just cherry picking that I said I didn't like Masteries despite me saying they aren't so bad?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-14 at 02:52 AM.

So are you supposed to be able to solo the bounties? Picked a champion one and it was easy enough, but the boss spent so much time in an evade state that there was no way I was going to make the timer alone.
    I'm guessing that was the ring modifier. They've got a circle that alternates between pointing inwards and outwards; you have to stand either inside or outside of the circle to be able to damage the boss. I soloed the Iboga with the mod no trouble.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's rude of me that I told someone to try a game and gave them a link to account types?

Or are you just cherry picking that I said I didn't like Masteries despite me saying they aren't so bad?
    you know exactly what i'm talking about

Maybe it was bugging out?