Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alls I know is there had better not be 5 different flavors of desert zone with this expansion. Fuck desert zones -_-
    To be quite honest, I love desert zones when well done. There are a bunch of different desert types and in fantasy you have even more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alls I know is there had better not be 5 different flavors of desert zone with this expansion. Fuck desert zones -_-
    I don't mind. It seems like they did the desert very well. I got scenery burn out easily in HoT because EVERYTHING was green. All the zones looked too similar and the monsters were pretty much the same in each zone too.

Desert zones are a hit or miss to me, but so far it looks fantastic. Love the unique feel of mounts and the new specs.
    Haven't touched HoT, but might purchase both expansions just for my MMO fix.
    Hi

Deleted
    Haven't played this in yonks, last I played was the early stages of crafting that funky ass sword with night/day.

Does this still have the free for all agro 30 sec heal shenanigans? Think I genuinely lost interest when the dungeons were literally run in do some dmg, die res and repeat.

Wondering, for someone who never bought HoT, if I decide to come back to this game, do I have to buy Path of Fire only and it will give access to HoT too? Or do you have to buy the 50$ HoT and 30$ PoF...?

was watching some game play apparently you can cut off the heads of enemys and the severed head will continue to attack you! how cool is that

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Wondering, for someone who never bought HoT, if I decide to come back to this game, do I have to buy Path of Fire only and it will give access to HoT too? Or do you have to buy the 50$ HoT and 30$ PoF...?
    You won't need HoT to play PoF. But you can get a bundle that is $50 for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Buying PoF will not give you HoT, but you can buy them together for a reduced price. Additionally, HoT's price was reduced to $30 a few months back.

They're both also standalone expansions, so you don't need HoT to play PoF.

Deleted
    i just hope the main story isn't as short as HoT. that's really the one gripe i had with that expansion. well, that and tangled depths.

Deleted
    5 new zones, elite specializations and 3 mounts. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    This is just the launch. 5 expansion zones seems pretty average for an mmo. But the size of the zones are enormous.

Deleted
    there also seems to be more to elite specs than just a few more skills and skill tree this time. at least from what i saw.

Doesn't WoW's latest expansion have 5 maps? I don't get that criticism here

that's just to start with your going to be getting a year's worth of patch content too it's totally worth it for just 29$

Thats probably alongside with tons of events, world bosses, jumping puzzles, adventures, new raid, new fractals and another season of living story that will add more zones, more fractals more raids more everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    This is just the launch. 5 expansion zones seems pretty average for an mmo. But the size of the zones are enormous.
    yep, 5 to 6 zones is the usual on an expansion, considering the ls might add new zones (around 5 maps on hot timeline) then it's fine.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Most of which will be 10 minutes of content and then most of the rest of the development time spent on legendaries and achievements for degenerates to grind their life away on.

Which maybe isn't THAT much worse than other MMOs, but still meh as hell.
    what do you consider content? If all you think is that the personal story is the only content, then I suppose so. But IMO, all of the map, the events, the collections, all of that is content for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Doesn't WoW's latest expansion have 5 maps? I don't get that criticism here
    Little more than that but it's not like it has 20 zones.

The new specializations look interesting...maybe tempt me to play again once more info is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Most of which will be 10 minutes of content and then most of the rest of the development time spent on legendaries and achievements for degenerates to grind their life away on.

Which maybe isn't THAT much worse than other MMOs, but still meh as hell.
    This is a gross exaggeration, considering that raids and fractals are included in the list. You're not going to get far with your arguments like that.