Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trump Bans Transgendered People From Service

The president who at one point pledged how he is for LGBT rights is now banning transgender people from serving because well that's totally not anti-lgbt at all.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ve-in-military

President Donald Trump has announced that the government will not allow transgender people to serve in the U.S. military.

In a series of tweets on Wednesday morning, he wrote:

"After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow ... Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming ... victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you"
    Disruption? Oh my isn't that the same bullshit excuse given when it came to don't ask don't tell?

Deleted
    People will find ways to justify his stance. Just wait and see ...

"Most LGBT friendly president in history."
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

So many things he should be focusing on...and this is what he comes up with. It's too bad that the first person the "mooch" actually fires couldn't be him ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    People will find ways to justify his stance. Just wait and see ...
    Whilst not justifying it - the costs of catering for each gender respectfully seems to be pretty difficult in many military circumstances.

When we step from 2 to 3 or 4, then at some point do we have to cater for all (at last count) 63 genders ?

At some point - humans rights collide with other human rights and practicality has to come into the equation.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think that with the tremendous budget the military has, investing for the medication of less than a few hundred individuals wouldn't be that much of an issue.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    You'd think that with the tremendous budget the military has, investing for the medication of less than a few hundred individuals wouldn't be that much of an issue.
    It's just a pandering move to the diehard conservative base. It has little to no effect on the military at large, fixes no actual problems, but scores Trump some cheap points for "stickin to dem gayzz"
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Whilst not justifying it - the costs of catering for each gender respectfully seems to be pretty difficult in many military circumstances.

When we step from 2 to 3 or 4, then at some point do we have to cater for all (at last count) 63 genders ?

At some point - humans rights collide with other human rights and practicality has to come into the equation.

What a joke. You are talking about the military and are worried about "costs". That is laughable.

Deleted

What costs do you imagine are incurred for pretty much any 'other' -gender besides trans? What practicalities would become an issue that aren't already?

Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    What costs do you imagine are incurred for pretty much any 'other' -gender besides trans? What practicalities would become an issue that aren't already?
    Your profile picture is amazing.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    What a joke. You are talking about the military and are worried about "costs".
    I'm not just talking about money. I'm just being rational about the reality of the situation.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

If you're referring to the financial cost: http://fortune.com/2015/08/13/transg...military-cost/ less than 6m per year, out of a budget of a budget of 598 billion (as of 2015). That's .000001% of the pentagon's yearly budget.

If you're talking about a social cost or something like that; there isn't any. People just need to stop being shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    As usual, people without a clue have an opinion. This isn't political. It's not discriminatory. I couldn't deploy some of my soldiers who had sleep apnea because I couldn't guarantee they'd have constant electricity for their machines. The military is a binary sex organization that based physical performance requirements on sex. Men are stronger than women. Trans people require constant medication and hormone therapy, things that aren't available in remote, austere environments. If you can't deploy, you have no business being in the armed forces.
    Trans people don't suddenly fucking die if they're cut off from their drugs while in the field like someone with sleep apnea may.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    "Most LGBT friendly president in history."
    No one with any credibility actually believed this. The straight, homophobic Trump base was the only ones pushing this narrative. You can go through these very forums and see the posters who said this and match that up to the posts they made in LGBT issue threads.

It's unfortunate that Trump decided to do this. But I really struggle to understand why a trans person would want to join an organization that is known for not being LGBT friends and being a very authoritarian patriarchal structure. If you want to serve your country there are ways to do so that don't involve the military.

I'm not just talking about money. I'm just being rational about the reality of the situation.
    There's absolutely nothing rational about gender or sexual orientation being a qualifier for military service. The entire notion is entirely irrational.

Deleted
    Anyone that requires medication for life should not be serving, they are a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    Ok - simple question, if someone who is b-male and identified as female - should the military treat them as their birth gender or their identified gender ?

If all persons can be treated as their birth gender, then there are no costs.

If certain persons have to have special treatment - then things get very complex to do respectfully.

That's just common sense.

What "63 genders?" Treat transgender men like men and transgender women like women. If they can't meet the standards, don't let them in. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    As usual, people without a clue have an opinion. This isn't political. It's not discriminatory. I couldn't deploy some of my soldiers who had sleep apnea because I couldn't guarantee they'd have constant electricity for their machines. The military is a binary sex organization that based physical performance requirements on sex. Men are stronger than women. Trans people require constant medication and hormone therapy, things that aren't available in remote, austere environments. If you can't deploy, you have no business being in the armed forces.
    Bull-fucking-shit. Other troops also have medication to deal with.

If you root out everyone that is in 100% heath, snd doesn't have asthma, diabetes, etc... medication, then the military would be smaller than your knowledgebase.

Come up with a better excuse than "but the medication!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Trans people don't suddenly fucking die if they're cut off from their drugs while in the field like someone with sleep apnea may.
    Although that's true trans people generally aren't willing to go without medication.

If Trump (or our favorite forum military cheerleader) truly wanted to make this about medication then make it about medication. Singling out trans people makes this not about the drugs. The whole drug thing is just a smokescreen for the bigotry behind this.

I mean...really...it's really simple to do things in a non-discriminatory manner to get your desired result yet conservatives manage to fail miserably every time.