Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not as much as I hated Vol'jin as warchief

It seems like it's a thread they are saving for a later expansion.

Which is not the way to do it. They dangled the bait then and are hoping people can maintain interest for HOW long? It's going to end up where people don't care what they do with the plot simply because they've forgotten/lost interest, once enough time passes. You can't build up energy then just leave it hanging.

While some of the supplemental materials give a more 'complete' shake to the Forsaken (particularly in the portrayel of Forsaken 'peasants' as being more confused, scared and not sure how to fit into the world now), and Ghostlands has some examples of how they can act benevolently, there's definitely an overwhelming amount of mustache-twirling villainy going on in most of the faction's plots in-game. Sylvanas definitely represents this - she has a lot of "informed" neutrality, where her positive aspects and acts are "talked about" and usually happen offscreen, while her jerk side is more obviously seen. So bringing her to the role of Warchief, having Voljin chide her to step out of the shadows, then showing that she can't just seem to do that easily (Stormheim) isn't a bad start... but then what? That plot literally just leaves hanging and no one has any idea what's going on now. Is she still skulking/hiding from her own followers like she was in Stormheim? Then how is she giving orders for PvP quests? Is she sitting in the Warchief seat? Then why does nothing ever involve her or her actions there?

I'm not gonna say they got treated 'unfairly' because pretty much every game race has had minimal interesting lore this expansion for either them, or the faction leaders. It's not been the focus of the expansion and that's fine, EXCEPT that they dangled this one out as a plot carrot, a "oooh will she learn to rise above it, or will she finally fall for good?" scenario... and then just walked away from it. The further we get from the events, the less impacting whatever resolution they decide on will be and I think it's overall a storytelling mistake. They should have been ready to tell the story or they should have held it until they were ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    The real question is; is there actually anyone who does NOT hate her?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    Ok so as the title says. I HATE this change to her character. I really liked Sylvanas when she was plotting behind the scenes and I felt it made her a interesting character. But her as warchief makes me so mad why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing. I really hope the theory of her being behind the whole thing is true : /. but yeah what do you all think I personally hope that voljin comes back somehow or someone else takes over I hate the idea of the forsaken being the front of the horde.
    No elf bitch is fit to rule the Horde, this is a mockery.
    WARCHIEF SAURFANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Army of white knights ?
    Nazis hiding under arctica ?
    Elvis ?
    Everyone responsible for anything bad in KrazyK life ?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-26 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

As Warchief, I hate her.

As the Banshee Queen, she's alright.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    That is a silly question. Shes liked by alot of people.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-26 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Army of white knights ?
    Nazis hiding under arctica ?
    Elvis ?
    Everyone responsible for anything bad in KrazyK life ?
    Kinda obvious Sylvanas doesn't hate herself. There's no real need to mention that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account

1:30 The biggest cheers when she appears. Glad I helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

^ Pretty much this.

lmao exactly

in the forums the circle jerk is "we hate sylvanus!!!11" but generally she's a fan favorite.
    change can't wait.

I liked her before they went down this direction. And I'd be cheering along with them too because she was pretty fucking awesome - not to mention the video in quality is too. I mean that's probably why they cheered, she actually looks amazing in the video AND was adorned. But this is pre-Warchief crowning. Would have they cheered if they knew?

But I think that's the mistake they made.

They thought that she would actually be enjoyed as Warchief but the fact is it's completely overshadowed by their unwillingness to expand other existing Horde leaders and members, their unsavoury quick and unsatisfying end to Vol'jin, the open-wide story left by the conflict between Genn and Sylvanas herself, the inability to expand on what Sylvanas is up to with the Helya bargain, and probably much more.

It's fine moving on but their timing and story-telling literally burnt any chances of it being meaningful or enjoyable to a full extent it deserves.

Perhaps, being a renegade and sly woman that she was was what people enjoyed, being Warchief who is meant to be encompassing and wise is completely opposite to how she is enjoyed as.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-26 at 11:44 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    How can I hate a warchief that hasn't even done anything for the horde as a whole (since legion, it's all about personal Helya campaign and forsaken vs worgen "war")

Really the only appearance of Sylvanas as warchief is for pvpers, a small ceremony in undercity.

I'm going to be honest here...I LOVE Lady Sylvanas Windrunner as a character. However, I have to be reminded in threads like this that she is even Warchief...

7+ Year Old Account
    wonderful.
    a sylvanas thread.

now its just a matter of time till someone makes some idiotic statement, gets corrected, and proceeds to make another 50 threads about how amazing or terrible sylvanas is, or how the windrunners should die in a fire or become world leaders.

dark times are upon us.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. SHe is by far one of the worst written characters in WoW and has at this point just become fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I like her as a character but hate her as a person. At some point she'll have to deal with the consequences of her actions, and it won't be pretty.

About being Warchief, either she will end up abusing her power or her responsibility will force her to do something she wouldn't do otherwise. It may be a redeeming action or the final crossing of the evil line.
    i always find this fun.
    exactly, what are consequences for you? because she is in short terms with humans->humans (or better, alliance) start a war in plaguelands. to me it is a consequence. you mean "be slayed"? this is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Just like Volgin, they'll kill her off.
    God I wish Volgin was the warchief.

They turned Kil'jaeden into a character that rushed headfirst into the fray and he's the "Deceiver" whose reputation of plotting spans millenia. If he recieved such a twist to his character in Legion, what can we expect from the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    God I wish Volgin was the warchief.
    Riding into the Broken Shore on the Shagohod.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I liked her before they went down this direction. And I'd be cheering along with them too because she was pretty fucking awesome - not to mention the video in quality is too. I mean that's probably why they cheered, she actually looks amazing in the video AND was adorned.

But I think that's the mistake they made.

They thought that she would actually be enjoyed as Warchief but the fact is it's completely overshadowed by their unwillingness to expand other existing Horde leaders and members, their unsavoury quick and unsatisfying end to Vol'jin, the open-wide story left by the conflict between Genn and Sylvanas herself, the inability to expand on what Sylvanas is up to with the Helya bargain, and probably much more.

It's fine moving on but their timing and story-telling literally burnt any chances of it being meaningful or enjoyable to a full extent it deserves.
    I totally agree with you here, except I think the potential of turning the Stormheim storylines into a greater arc is still there. No doubt they could/should have done so earlier, but the way Legion's main story progressed made it reasonable, but still conservative to not add distractions, as good as they might be.

Why the storylines might still continue? Helya might be dead, but death has many shades of grey as the Forsaken know. The deal she struck with Sylvanas might be that the Banshee Queen resurrects her, which she might do, even if just to bolster her ranks. Potentially she could also prevent her soul and these of her fellow Forsaken from ending in the Void, using her own void-related powers. The other races of the Horde might protest, but would it really be such an evil plan, given the alternatives? Of course the Alliance would think so and with them being more pledged to the Light, it might become a miniature version of the great Light/Void conflict.

Speaking of Alliance, I noticed Danath Trollbane's presence in Dalaran and it made me wonder if there is more to it than a reunion of the Sons of Lothar. If he teams up with Genn Greymane he might take back Stormgarde -given the critique for it being ignored by Blizzard- giving the Alliance a great position to take back the Hillsbrad Foothills and avenge Southshore.

Nothing of this needs to come to pass, but I think Blizzard decided to not let another Horde/Alliance-conflict distract our attention in Legion. The next expansion might be a different matter and give us a real opportunity to see Sylvanas act as Warchief on a big stage.