Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    "Fuck yeah"

Just like it was for WotLK, Cata, MoP, and Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I remember getting ticked off and disappointed when I learned that we'd be going back in time to deal with irrelevant villains, I prefer the story moving forward rather than backwards.

I was excited about the housing and player models though.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    First reaction to reveal / announcements - usual model / shiny updates. New theme / zones - SSDD. Housing? Could be interesting. Going back to their BC roots? Very interesting.

First reaction to playing - usual model / shiny updates and new theme / zones - SSDD. Leveling experience was decent this time. Housing? lololol...this is not real housing. Going back to their BC roots? WTF...what drugs are the devs on to even remotely imply that WoD is like BC outside of modified maps?

It seemed cool since we'd be seeing old outland zones (still super pissed they cut the shattrath raid). Was definitely hype about grimrail depot and it's definitely one of the coolest dungeons they've ever released.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think maybe 90% were super hyped, i mean the stories, the garrison looked amazing at first
    and issue was on the beta few people maxed out their garrison, it was fun leveling and upgrading it
    but once you maxed it... it just got... so, so boring...
    and people did not spend enough time on the beta to really find this (most people, some did but most didnt listen)
    so wod lanched, everything was amazing...
    then the wall hit, when we maxed ur garrisons and went "ok... now what?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    First reaction to reveal / announcements - usual model / shiny updates. New theme / zones - SSDD. Housing? Could be interesting. Going back to their BC roots? Very interesting.

First reaction to playing - usual model / shiny updates and new theme / zones - SSDD. Leveling experience was decent this time. Housing? lololol...this is not real housing. Going back to their BC roots? WTF...what drugs are the devs on to even remotely imply that WoD is like BC outside of modified maps?
    Maybe because you literally were in some of the same zone areas as Outland because *GASP* Draenor WAS Outland before it got ripped apart by Guldan's portals? hmm that might connect things?

Also Shattarath and Auchoundoun and the Temple of Karabor were pretty big glaring things that signified you were playing in a version of Outland before it was broken.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My first reaction was no reaction as I did not play or care about the WoD game during it's announcement/lifespan.

Was working with other game franchise at the time.

Well, I've always favored the Alliance because of how terribly uninteresting Thrall's New Horde has been portrayed throughout WoW -- so coming off of SoO, which including Garrosh's True Horde, the prospect of an even grittier Iron Horde was absolutely fantastic. Additionally, new models and garrisons were shaping up (in my mind) to be total game-changers.

Then 70-80% of my guild dropped the game, because of the withdrawal of support for 10/25 parity in raiding, and I more-or-less coasted w/ LFR and became a gold-hoarding Trade Prince Goldywix-wannabe and made a couple million gold and stopped using my own money to play this game. SMH... a thread meant to make you think about how good something could've been, just reminds you of why Blizzard should fire most of their creative development team.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Man, they just took a giant dump over all lore, both now, and forever".

And behold, it was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

For the Horde!! That's what I thought.

I thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Time travelling to bring back the old Horde? Because we didn't kill Garrosh? I'm a very pro-Alliance player so this plot held absolutely no interest to me. And the expansion didn't even seem to have a real selling point. I guess it was supposed to be either Garrisons or new character models, but the former I had no interest in and the latter wasn't tied to WoD.

It was actually the first time since I started WoW that I didn't play an expansion at launch. I didn't resub until Legion was announced. Ended up rejoining a few months early so I could go ahead and see the WoD content without having to rush through it. I didn't hate it as much as some people here did (probably because I didn't have as much time to get burnt out on it) but I'd still easily rank it as the worst expac.

I was super hyped!! I thought I would love this expansion with its new zones, Garrisons, command tables, and new player housing. And I was right; I enjoyed it the whole way through.

I was immediately turned off by the time travel bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loathe time travel and alternate dimensions even in the best circumstances, and I certainly didn't trust Blizzard's writers to handle it well.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

“Who the fuck thought that up"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was tbc 2.0 and was super hyped to fight all the warlords

"Ugh. More orcs."
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    First impression was avarage. I thought it would be something bigger, not just orcs, but I was happy to see Draenor before it got ruined.
    Later:
    - I thought they will finally deliver 3D armor models beside shoulders and helm, but the new models did not do that.
    - Questing was very good, except for the extreme lag at the start which ruined half of my playtime on questing.
    - Instances were good, but the acces to them was confusing. I did not know the story when they popped up as available through group finder. Had no idea where are they and what are they about.

Cynical and wary. I had heard the time travel rumours already and thought 'surely they arent so exhausted of ideas that they are going on a time travel to a world they will never reference again, they can't be that dry on ideas already".

Then metzen came on stage and started talking about 'returning to a time' to poorly paraphrase and i saw everyone in the room i was in just lose interest and go "...oh, so thats that then". And que the orc with the horn starting the trailer and people were already looking at their phones disinterested.

You gotta bare in mind -actual low fun factor of warlords being an unknown at this point- we had been through a year of a patch that brought 5 quests in durotar and the seige raid and nothing else. For a year.
    Now they were showing us another year or more of orcs and the same looking art set. Recycling an entire cast of villains for no reason other than a "hey, remember thing?" which might work for the big bang theory audience but really just cemented the idea that the creativity well was running a bit thin for the WoW team.

Honestly i dont think i have seen another blizzard reveal i was less excited for.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-07-27 at 06:33 PM.