Thread: pacific rim 2

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

pacific rim 2

anyone that want to watch it?

fuck yeah, watching the first one in IMAX was incredible

More giant robots punching giant monsters in the face? Heck yeah.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-07-27 at 12:54 PM.

I've been waiting FOUR YEARS, soon to be five, for this sequel!

Will be trash without Charlie Hunnam

Was that really necessary? The first movie's ending was just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    Was what necessary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Super exciting. I'm stoked, however that particular trailer doesn't help much. No plot, no.. anything. It's like having a WoW Expansion trailer and being like "HORDE. VS. ALLIANCE." And thats it. Well, yeah.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    you mean the ending to a movie that was always meant to be a series but has taken so long because it completely flopped in the states and is only getting a sequel because china thought it was amazing?

ive been waiting for a pacific rim sequel since the first one came out and hopefully china shows up again for this one, not sure how china can help the animated series but hopefully thats on netflix or something
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I liked the giant monsters vs robots but I don't think I'll like it that much without Charlie Hunnam. He's one of my favorite "new-ish" actors and he made it a bit more enjoyable to watch. Regardless I'll probably see it at some point but I wish he was acting in it

I'll pass. Thought the first one was terribly executed even though it had some interesting ideas

Deleted
    Meh. Getting a campy Power Rangers feel from the trailer and that movie sucked cabdriver feet

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Will be great without Charlie Hunnam
    FTFY

I dunno. I enjoyed the first one, but I'm a lot more wary about this one. Several of the good things about the first one(like Del Toro, Idris Elba, and Ron Perlman) are not returning, while the 2 things I absolutely fucking despised(Charlie Day and Burn Gorman, who I wanted to see die...very slowly) ARE coming back. Plus we got the new addition of Scott Eastwood, who has been bland in everything I've ever seen him in(Charlie Hunnam is definitely better) and John Boyega hasn't shown me anything that wins me over yet either.

Hi there GlaDOS!

OT: Depends on the movie I guess, I wasn't enthralled with the first one and found the concept just weird for a western audience without the same roots it has in the asian market but otoh it wasn't horribly executed, just not awesome and a bit...odd. Will have to see how it turns out.
    Last edited by Perryn; 2017-07-27 at 01:41 PM.

My body is ready.
    holy shit i have been waiting for this moment since the first released.
    looks like there is a god after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay hope it lives up to the quality of the first one because that movie was the tits

But without Guillermo del Toro... idk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I dunno. I enjoyed the first one, but I'm a lot more wary about this one. Several of the good things about the first one(like Del Toro, Idris Elba, and Ron Perlman) are not returning, while the 2 things I absolutely fucking despised(Charlie Day and Burn Gorman, who I wanted to see die...very slowly) ARE coming back. Plus we got the new addition of Scott Eastwood, who has been bland in everything I've ever seen him in(Charlie Hunnam is definitely better) and John Boyega hasn't shown me anything that wins me over yet either.
    Well said. In concept i'm stoked for the move for sure, but there are some serious warning signs that this could be a real bomb if executed poorly. And given the people involved it's more then likely leaning in that direction for sure.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

I made some inquiries about what the Pacific Rim actually was, and it turned out I watched it on TV some years ago, and walking out on it somewhere in middle on the ad block. I don't think that franchise is interesting or requiring a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yay hope it lives up to the quality of the first one because that movie was the tits

But without Guillermo del Toro... idk
    hes still involved creatively. he just doesnt have the time in his schedule to direct it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552