Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I understand the frustrations. The west coast NA servers have all the SA servers dumped into them. They are all marked as English speaking, but most of them do not or will not. Beyond dealing with their latency issues there is this language barrier. One of many reasons people from the NA loath being matched with Rag and all those other servers. I refuse to believe they are all shitty players, but far too often it seems that way when they are never on board with what the group is doing. Playing in the EU has to be a nightmare sometimes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    So people, who can't speak in other language and have no localized servers for them have to suck it up?

Look, one rule is and always will be golden, minority has to respect majority as long as it doesn't harm them. If most people talk in different language on your server, you are the minority. You have to accept it, adapt, learn or just move on.

EU has too many language and so many different cultures, you can't force language in any way. It wont work and blizzard knows it. That's why they respect this in silence even on "English" servers. Maybe make some information next to server name about most used language could be good way to handle this "issue".
    The game is in english. If you can understand english at all then I would wonder why you are even playing. I started playing this game when I was 16 and I wasn't able to speak english fluently but I was able to write and read so others could understand what I was saying.

Have you ever heard that minority is usually louder than the majority? Everyone who has encountered these players who speak their own language know how they are going to response. With their own language, so you cant have discussion with them. Its just full blown arrogance from them even if its just two guys writing. This throws out the whole "respect others" from the discussion.

The game is in english, if you would have to pick language to communicate with others you would think english would be it? Or should it be something else..? Advertising servers for their language would just make huge servers with one language which really is not solution considering this behaviour is forced and not voluntarily. Should people with 12 alts who dont speak sweden for example transfer all alts because bunch of swedish ppl just decided that this server is no swedish majority server?

This isn't really any different from US servers? I have quel'thalas and ragnaros people pop up all the time in mythic+ and what not. It's a non issue.

in many middle / higher schools in germany english is not the first foreign language you learn by default anymore. It is beeing swapped to french and spanish (pupils have a choice, in most schools its englisch or french or spanish as first foreign, and another one as second, 2 years later). Many pupils choose spanish (or italian if available) as first because its very easy to learn if u already know latin; in the last two decades. The most important languages in europe are german, french and spanish / italian. English was important in the cold war times and when america was a big influencing country, but with the brexit and now trump in america, it looses a lot of appeal, which makes many students swap to spanish , the most used language in america, and french, the most sexy and often used language in europe and africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    in many middle / higher schools in germany english is not the first foreign language you learn by default anymore. It is beeing swapped to french and spanish (pupils have a choice, in most schools its englisch or french or spanish as first foreign, and another one as second, 2 years later). Many pupils choose spanish (or italian if available) as first because its very easy to learn if u already know latin; in the last two decades. The most important languages in europe are german, french and spanish / italian. English was important in the cold war times and when america was a big influencing country, but with the brexit and now trump in america, it looses a lot of appeal, which makes many students swap to spanish , the most used language in america, and french, the most sexy and often used language in europe and africa.
    And that's propably the reason why germans have their own localized servers.

Try playing Overwatch, a game where communication is absolutely necessary and one or two guys respond only in Russian. It's frustrating to say the least. If your country have a low percentage of people who speak english I really think you should get dedicated servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this never end very well despite the best intentions of people who start them.

This one seems to be worse than most so it will be closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."