View Poll Results: Is the "Snowflake" feeling Important for a Videogame?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • For Some People

5 27.78%
  • No

5 27.78%
    Deleted

Is the "Snowflake" feeling Important for a Videogame?

I don't know who invented this term but i choose to embrace it like some cultures embraced other names.
    Yes, my name is shadowpunkz and i am a snowflake.
    And the funny thing about it is that i'm not even a skillful snowflake. I can only be part of the top 40-45% and i can never be part of the top 10% (Mythic raiders)

Do you think the feeling of having a unique special reward to show off to others is important for a videogame (World of Warcraft)?

To me those rewards create a "epic quest/adventure". An adventure that i wouldn't do otherwise if there wasn't a "snowflake" reward at the end.
    It's a very powerful tool of incentive (for me)

I play League of Legends to reach gold rank, Tekken 7 to have high ranks, Hearthstone etc

Is it that wrong to enjoy prestige? Am i that messed up or are there more like me?

Better players should always have ways to distinguish themselves from the rest. So in that regard, yes it's important.

Deleted
    How on earth do you find this many ways to rewrite the same thread over and over and over again, give it a rest.

This fucking retard creates stupid threads 24/7.... Like that guy said, give it a rest.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-27 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    This fucking retard creates stupid threads 24/7.... Like that guy said, give it a rest.
    Just let the thread die if you think the argument is stupid.
    I am addicted to prestige, even though i am not that skilful. I don't know if i have a problem or if there is more like me.

Deleted
    Well, I can understand snowflakes. Some people really need others approval, envy, attention. Just like hollywood stars, rock band, I guess it can be addictive to have that kind of attention, some are depressed when their glory fades.
    My problem with snowflakes is that they want to remove fun for other people, just so they can feel better. "You cant have this toy, only me" behaviour.
    I am happy when someone make success, be it earning lot of money, be great in game, achieve PHD etc. Iam really happy for those people. Not happy when they want all that only for themselves.

You're not a "Snowflake" because you want prestige. "Snowflakes" are people who get offended easily, believe they deserve something they haven't earned, or believe their feelings are fact. Someone who is soft and refuses to take responsibility. If you believe you deserve things handed to you to feel like a "special snowflake" then I guess that would make you one. I don't see why it would matter and why you would make a thread about this unless you're in need of attention.

Also, you can't get addicted to something you've never achieved. If you aren't skillful you've never been as prestigious as you think. That's like saying I'm addicted to the power that a president has, despite never being in that position. It's just a goal that you can't achieve because you're going about it in the wrong way.

Edit: Also, snowflake is not a term used to describe people who have actually achieved something. Only snowflakes themselves use this term to describe others in order justify being upset that they can't have something they didn't earn. Someone that is a mythic raider getting upset that blizzard is giving equal gear to those that only do normal mode or world quests is not a snowflake. The person getting upset that they would have to progress through harder difficulties, for better gear, is the snowflake. They don't NEED that gear to do the content they participate in, but they believe they deserve it.
    Last edited by Traxwow; 2017-07-27 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Just let the thread die if you think the argument is stupid.
    I am addicted to prestige, even though i am not that skilful. I don't know if i have a problem or if there is more like me.
    Or maybe stop creating stupid threads every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The previous thread on Prestige was last posted to a week ago. That's current enough to not warrant a second or third thread on roughly the same topic.

Please continue the discussion there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...great-PRESTIGE
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."