Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bullshit! The issue isn't the power government has, but how it's used. Blind bullshit!

From the start, the basis for this makes no sense... think of what you just said, Trump gets caught using power he has? How are you caught doing what is within your power?

Oh and fuck you for talking down to me, telling me to open a history book. Your bullshit excuses for Trump, does not change or excuse his behavior. Let me guess, when Nixon was around, your ilk was telling people who said he was a fuck up, that they need to learn history of Hoover? No, your ignorance does not get a relief by trying to insult me, by going off subject.

You know what else is bullshit, you having nerve to tell me to look at history, to show 'fuck ups' of others, when you are the me who told me he is exposing this. So... who needs to read history books, when you follow that up with saying all these others were fuck ups too... so... why do I need to open history books, when you are the one claiming he is exposing this? Oh, that's right... you got shit to defend your view... nothing but shit...

Really buddy?! So, Trump isn't exposing anything? WTF?!?!

Yeah, like Rock vs Kid Rock running for president... that's the change Trump caused... he made incompetent believe they can win, if they bullshit enough. Time to get the hook out of your cheek, your bullshit is having the opposite effect...

WTF? Nothing changed!! Trump tried to abuse power and got shot down, just like any president would... you don't have to elect ass holes, to make sure there is no shit coming out of government. That is the stupidest thing you can do...

- - - Updated - - -

Notice his flow up... Nixon was a fuck up too... so was Hoover... then the next fuck up, they will just say so was Trump... how about cutting it off now? How about you cut off the current fuck up, instead of waiting until next one to mention him. It makes no sense...
    I did not talk down to you. In fact, I've carefully crafted my sentence so it'd be obvious it wouldn't be meant as an insult, but as something that was obvious. It was common history knowledge, that I knew you knew. Had I intended to come out as insulting or caustic, I would've done so in a clear and forward manner.

I can't say that much about you, right now. So let me get this straight, as I have no intention to continue this particular discussion since I have no intent to raise the level of aggressivity any higher than where they are at the moment:

Trump is not a good president. That does not mean he's a bad president, or that he's the worse. There has been people much worse in the same role over the past few decades that left the US in a much more dire state.

Him abusing his power - power that shouldn't legally be there but is being allowed by years of cheating within the government - allows the US society to adapt and fix these cracks. You may not see it as such but then again I don't think you've ever shared my sentiment on that either. This is a personnal value disagreement. That's fine.

Trump will inevitably bring some good along with him, may it be through his demise, which is likely, or through his legacy, because the US will never want to have anyone like him ever again as a President.

You claim that electing a clown like Trump is the worse thing to do to fix the government. I respectfully disagree. In fact, I tend to think that there has never been such activity within the political sphere in the US since... well, unprecedented. For once in my life, I get the feeling that if I went around the US and asked the average joe what he thought about politics, I'd get another answer than this https://youtu.be/mwsdj5p8KEY

This has always been my stance. To destabilize, break and rebuild. And right now, I see all three at the same time and I couldn't be happier politically. Now if only we could also deal with the Russian and North Korean government once and for all, that'd be even better.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Good weekend everyone. I wanted to leave this here

A sketch by Donald Trump showing the Manhattan skyline, which he drew for a charity event in 2005, was sold at auction for $29,184 on Thursday. Credit Nate D. Sanders Auction

We have to appreciate how even rudimentary drawings of Donald manage to help the ones in need the most

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/u...g-auction.html

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've come to notice the amount of negativity that surrounds Donald Trump in this forum. As so, I bring forward a positive thread where we can appreciate what Donald Trump has done so far that benefited the USA and the world in general. I took it upon myself to research a bit even though it's there for everyone to see. Here are a few monumental achievements Donald Trump accomplished.
    The only thing Trump has accomplished is hurting us at home and abroad. It's impossible to calculate the amount of effort that is going to need to go into repairing the damage Trump has done to our international relations.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've come to notice the amount of negativity that surrounds Donald Trump in this forum. As so, I bring forward a positive thread where we can appreciate what Donald Trump has done so far that benefited the USA and the world in general. I took it upon myself to research a bit even though it's there for everyone to see. Here are a few monumental achievements Donald Trump accomplished.

An amazing story of Donald's kindness

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/08/gue...exican-prison/

Mind you, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot more good the POTUS accomplished

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...ffice-n2320022

"We shouldn't let negativity rule our lives." Tikcol 2017
    Geeze this is a sad list. i would love to see the rest of the iceberg.....seems more like an icecube

1- An Economic Confidence Boost: No. The boost was from the fact that he was going to basically give corporations a 20% tax cut, the rich even more and let them bring trillions of tax evaded dollars in from overseas. This would be a short term boost with no real fixes to fundamental problems or making actual solutions.

in the end its exactly what it was, a speculative boost.

2- Trump’s Pro-Life Surge: Well its good that he is doing something that the MINORITY of Americans support. Guess it will be even better when he then cuts welfare programs that will go to support these kids after they are born, and get rid of their healthcare with Medicaid cuts.

3- Approving The Keystone And Dakota Access Pipelines: of which most of the impact will be important Canadian oil so the Canadian oil companies can make money. MAGA? The rest would most likely be shipped to other countries since we have a glut at this point. They did not even use US steel like Trump said they were going to, he gave them an pass.

4- A Drop-Off In Illegal Immigration: still unclear on total impact, it stopped boarder crossings but is it just a spike? this i will give him credit for, questionable if it continues.

5- 5) Hillary Not Being President: Welp not sure how this is something of an accomplishment since you have no idea what he prevented, improved or changed that hillary would have done. just sounds like you ran out of accomplishments to talk about.

oh and i can see why you left out the others.....

Imposing A Five Year Ban On Lobbying The Government By Former White House Officials And A Lifetime Ban On Lobbying For Foreign Governments By Former White House Officials: (not an actual ban, stops no one, has no teeth no enforcement ability)

Trump Signing An Executive Order Directing The Justice Department To Cut Funding To Sanctuary Cities: (he does not have the power to cut funding....another exec order doing nothing)

Trump Signing An Executive Order Withdrawing From the Transpacific Partnership Trade Deal: (how do you withdraw from something that was never ratified or put in place?)

Deft Foreign Policy Moves: ( i mean bragging about N Korea? they just launched 4 missiles in the first 6 months each one getting better and better....trump seems to be failing at this big time. Where is his currency manipulation rules? Tariffs? etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Where is his currency manipulation rules? Tariffs? etc etc
    Not sure you've been following trade news recently, but the Trump administration has been doing a lot in trade.