Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    I started to play WoW with the release of Cataclysm, without friends and not knowing anything about the game and lore but some stuff from the GamesCom flyers etc. and it wasn't a problem to learn it, you really should start with a level 1 character even when people are saying it's outdated content or so, you will be overwhelmed (as I was when logged in the first time :-D) how big all this stuff in Azeroth is and you will find funny things from time to time that it makes you almost forget which level you are and BOOM you're 110.

Happy leveling!

ah and btw, it's never too late to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    WoW is not "modern". It's the last bastion of old school MMORPG design.
    Just it's not (anymore). It's somewhere in between.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Just it's not (anymore). It's somewhere in between.
    The content difficulty and amount of grind needed is more modern, but the combat mechanics that rely on hard targeting and dozen hotkeys are dead in newer games.

The content difficulty and amount of grind needed is more modern, but the combat mechanics that rely on hard targeting and dozen hotkeys are dead in newer games.
    So, thanks for agreeing then?

As I said, somewhere in between modern and oldschool MMORPG but not 'the last bastion of old school MMORPG design'.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What the fuck? Are you seriously whining about RPG gameplay in a RPG?
    All @tikcol does is bitch about WoW and how much he hates it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    All @tikcol does is bitch about WoW and how much he hates it.
    I'm not a hateful person.. I only partake in logical and constructive discussions about real issues that plague our beloved game

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm not a hateful person.. I only partake in logical and constructive discussions about real issues that plague our beloved game
    I didn't say you were a hateful person. I said all you do is bitch about it and how much you hate it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    even if they stop releasing expansions and no content wow will be able to generate profits for dozens of years if not more
    Yeah but I'd like to meet the poor souls still playing the game 8 or more years from now :/

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    WoW is not "modern". It's the last bastion of old school MMORPG design.
    No it's not old school at all, with systems like random chance legendaries, cross realm, and automatic matchmakings.

Combat system is still as basic as it can be but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    Yeah but I'd like to meet the poor souls still playing the game 8 or more years from now :/
    what do you mean poor lucky souls it would be, it means the game delivers pleasure for them, because of the right mindset they have in order to earn this

It's not too late to start.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow might kill itself (even that's unlikely) but it'll never die at the hands of another MMO. Slow attrition due to changing tastes and markets? Maybe. But never another MMO. If it was going to happen it would've happened 7-8 years ago when the genre was a lot stronger and busier.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I started from scratch a month ago. Used to play on US realms and had to shift to EU thanks to my new job.

Took me about a month and a half to go from lvl 1 to raiding heroic ToS. There's plenty of catch up mechanics(and even more coming in the next patch) and as long as you find a guild that suits your schedule, you'll be fine. Now if you plan to progress exclusively through PuGs and want to do end game content, then yea, it might be a bit more time and patience.

As for WoW dying, it was supposed to die about 6-7 years ago. Don't hold your breath.

Is anyone seriously buying this OP's troll?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    what do you mean poor lucky souls it would be, it means the game delivers pleasure for them, because of the right mindset they have in order to earn this
    I supposed you're right :P