Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If government had knowledge of extraterrestrials would you want to know

If the government had knowledge of the existence of extraterrestrials to the extent that the extraterrestrials are in fact living among us would you want to know?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If the government had knowledge of the existence of extraterrestrials to the extent that the extraterrestrials are in fact living among us would you want to know?
    They wouldn't want to expose Hillary Clinton and the lizard people... :P

Sure. 10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Supposedly that is why JFK was killed they are saying now. Maybe he was going to let the cat out of the bag.
    JFK sent letters asking for information about UFOs and ETs from the CIA just 10 days before he was killed. He also sent a memo to NASA wanting them to corporate with the Soviet Union on mutual outer space activities.

You all can choose to believe that if you like. I will just add it to the list of JFK conspiracies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The secrecy would imply sinister intent, otherwise why wouldn't the aliens reveal themselves?

If they fear contaminating us, influencing us, etc., then why even interact with us at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because I would love some proof of extra-terrestrial life. And also yes, because it doesn't really bother me very much, as long as ya know, the "aliens living among us" aren't intergalactic terrorists or something, I'd be fine with them not telling me that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

probably not.. what good would that knowledge do to me?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Why wouldn't I want to know something that's true? It seems a nonsensical question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes. If it was true, why wouldn't I?

Sure. However if the government does know which I believe they do I understand why they want them kept secret. You don't want radicals and extremists trying to purge these people or destroying/profiting either. Humanity can get really bizarre with shocks like that.

yes, we should know if they're out there.

I would tell them about Jesus.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would tell them about Jesus.
    to the aliens ? oh my ....

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The secrecy would imply sinister intent, otherwise why wouldn't the aliens reveal themselves?

If they fear contaminating us, influencing us, etc., then why even interact with us at all?
    Have you been living under a rock for like...forever? People can't even get along with each other. It would be no surprise if aliens would prefer that the average human NOT know about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    if governments knew about aliens, then we would know.

all the big governments of the world would not be able to keep a secret like this. eventually someone would leak it.
    Hi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Now THAT is a good question - seriously.

I think I would, but in a perfect world I would like to know their intent before I know of their existence (which, I am aware, is impossible). If they are benevolent and looking to help humanity, then yes, I would like to know. If they are here to harvest our resources (humans being one of those resources, ala V), then no, I would choose not to know until the last possible minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if governments knew about aliens, then we would know.

all the big governments of the world would not be able to keep a secret like this. eventually someone would leak it.
    You're aware of the catch-22 aspect of your hypothesis, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're aware of the catch-22 aspect of your hypothesis, right?
    no, please tell me what the catch 22 is
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Have you been living under a rock for like...forever? People can't even get along with each other. It would be no surprise if aliens would prefer that the average human NOT know about them.
    Yeah that's what I am saying. Why would they even bother interacting with us at that point?

They don't need to "live among us" to observe us.

Who wouldn't? A fairer question is how would people react? Angry, understanding, shocked, afraid, all of the above?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but I don't think the government should tell people and I agree they should kill or contain any knowledge of it or anything else. People do not have the right to know and there is no obligation to tell them.

The truth is at the end of the day it doesn't matter, and a even greater truth is peoples obsession with the shit is beyond stupid. Knowledge is earned, and anybody who KNOWS a bit that lives long enough to be wise you realize it's not power it's potential power, it's also a burden. and not always important.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis