Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Oh I'm sorry for using metaphor. Do you know that vaccines are (in most cases) dead bacteria/viruses? Do you trust big pharma that 100% of vaccines do not include few alive and stron bacteria/viruses? Would you gamble with yours child life? You can as well put 1 bullet in revolver, twist cylinder and pull the trigger while aiming at your child. I wouldn't do that even if cylinder would have 10000 chambers, and I could win immortality.
    The incidence of deaths from live viruses in vaccines is minuscule compared to the death rates from those same viruses if they spread unchecked.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you aware that even paracetamol can kill you? You have really big chance of getting infected because of simple mistake while you are getting injection.
    You don't have "quite a high chance of infection" from vaccination.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm sorry for using metaphor. Do you know that vaccines are (in most cases) dead bacteria/viruses? Do you trust big pharma that 100% of vaccines do not include few alive and stron bacteria/viruses? Would you gamble with yours child life? You can as well put 1 bullet in revolver, twist cylinder and pull the trigger while aiming at your child. I wouldn't do that even if cylinder would have 10000 chambers, and I could win immortality.
    *sigh* What pains me about this is I'm willing to bet huge sums of money you have no idea how vaccines are even made -- how sterilization happens or how it works, how drugs are tested and what sort of safety measure are in place to avoid what you stated. Have you even been in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility? Do you know what the CFR is?

Not to even start with how unscientific your statement is.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you aware that even paracetamol can kill you? You have really big chance of getting infected because of simple mistake while you are getting injection.
    Water can kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    And they get nowhere by that. If I had been against vaccination, I know I would have become even more so, seeing the kind of comments some people spew out. You get a lot further by being firm, polite and in general, less confrontational.
    Think of it this way...if you see someone beating the shit out of there kid...are you more likely to approach them in a firm, polite and non-confrontational way...or are you going to scream at them to stop hurting their kid?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    And they get nowhere by that. If I had been against vaccination, I know I would have become even more so, seeing the kind of comments some people spew out. You get a lot further by being firm, polite and in general, less confrontational.
    Although you have a point in theory -- the reality is that it doesn't particularly matter how the message is delivered. In either case the facts are rejected and their belief is strengthened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    *sigh* What pains me about this is I'm willing to bet huge sums of money you have no idea how vaccines are even made -- how sterilization happens or how it works, how drugs are tested and what sort of safety measure are in place to avoid what you stated. Have you even been in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility? Do you know what the CFR is?

I mean, it does happen. No screening or sterilization method is 100% effective, but the chance of it happening, and then your child being one of the rare fatalities from such an effect, are so out of this world unlikely compared to the death rates from when these viruses ran unchecked it's absolutely ridiculous to view it as the less risky alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Lack of education, low intelligence.
    That is probably to most likely reasons.
    A lot of intelligent people are anti-vaxxers. They're still ignorant and wrong but they're intelligent (in some areas at least). Lack of education in this area is definitely an issue. They don't understand what they are against so the age old "people fear what they don't understand" applies here.

The internet is also a major problem here. The small handful of cases where someone has a genuine vaccine reaction are too easy to post and see online causing fear. Anti-vaxxers latch onto those horror stories and don't know/don't care that those are extremely rare and were almost always caused by an underlying issue. When they could be saying "please test my kid for x allergy first so they don't have this scary reaction I heard about online" they instead say "Vaccines are evil. My kid will never have this"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I mean, it does happen. No screening or sterilization method is 100% effective, but the chance of it happening, and then your child being one of the rare fatalities from such an effect, are so out of this world unlikely compared to the death rates from when these viruses ran unchecked it's absolutely ridiculous to view it as the less risky alternative.
    They put the odds at 1 in 10,000. Which is numerous orders of magnitude off. In general the accepted sterilization failure rates are one in a million and many manufacturing facilities are better than even that.

And that's operating under the assumption you are starting with live viruses and sterilizing them rather than other ways of making vaccines.

My point is that people are making strong statements about the dangerous of vaccines from extreme ignorance, and as someone who has worked in quality in a pharma manufacturing plant it just pains me to see it everywhere.

The incidence of deaths from live viruses in vaccines is minuscule compared to the death rates from those same viruses if they spread unchecked.
    I dare you to play with life of your beloved. I'm sure if that minuscule chance will happen to you, then you change your mind.

You don't have "quite a high chance of infection" from vaccination.
    I think you have to read my post once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dare you to play with life of your beloved. I'm sure if that minuscule chance will happen to you, then you change your mind.
    Serious question -- do you ever leave your house, get in a car, drive somewhere with your child?

Do you give your child a toy with moving parts? Sharp edges?

Do you feed your child anything?

I'm sure they don't have any incidents. Just like rocket science have all those safety measures, yet some rockets blow up (while not being designed to do this).

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question -- do you ever leave your house, get in a car, drive somewhere with your child?

Do you give your child a toy with moving parts? Sharp edges?

Do you feed your child anything?
    At least I don't put something I know nothing about directly into their veins.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I think you have to read my post once again.
    I'm vaccinated. My niece is vaccinated. If I ever have kids, they'll be vaccinated. I have 3 cousins, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and a brother and sister in the medical industry. Vaccines are incredibly safe.

So I didn't quote you verbatim. You still said there's a high chance of being infected from a small mistake while being injected. No, you do not. Injection site infections are incredibly rare.

Inherit trust of the government is never a good thing.......just ask the American Indian or the Jews during the 40s.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

So educate yourself. You're vastly increasing their risk of serious illness or death by not vaccinating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they don't have any incidents.
    Never made that claim.

Ah, so you are just a raging hypocrite. Gotcha. Not sure what put a bug up your ass about vaccines but you expose your kid to far worse risks of illness and injury on a daily basis than vaccines.

I'm vaccinated. My niece is vaccinated. If I ever have kids, they'll be vaccinated. I have 3 cousins, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and a brother and sister in the medical industry. Vaccines are incredibly safe.

So I didn't quote you verbatim. You still said there's a high chance of being infected from a small mistake while being injected. No, you do not. Injection site infections are incredibly rare.
    Just like hitting green in roulette, yet some people win. If you like to gamble with life, so be it, but if something goes wrong then you can only blame yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Inherit trust of the government is never a good thing.......just ask the American Indian or the Jews during the 40s.
    The government is not the source of vaccines, and not the soul source of pro-vaccine studies. Every comprehensive, replicable study of vaccines has demonstrated their safety.

Would you gamble with yours child life? You can as well put 1 bullet in revolver, twist cylinder and pull the trigger while aiming at your child. I wouldn't do that even if cylinder would have 10000 chambers, and I could win immortality.
    Funny thing...you're still choosing a barrel by not vaccinating. You're still gambling with your child's health at stake...you're just doing so with much worse odds.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Think of it this way...if you see someone beating the shit out of there kid...are you more likely to approach them in a firm, polite and non-confrontational way...or are you going to scream at them to stop hurting their kid?
    That is an extremely hyperbolic example. A far better one would be "if you see someone telling their kid: 'sure, you can play football in the road later on', are you more likely to approach them in a firm, polite and non-confrontational way...or are you going to scream at them to stop hurting their kid?".

Although you have a point in theory -- the reality is that it doesn't particularly matter how the message is delivered. In either case the facts are rejected and their belief is strengthened.
    Perhaps, but I think you'll find that the likelyhood of them thinking over what you say is far greater if you present it in a non-confrontational way. And anyhow, if you really believe that it doesn't matter HOW you tell them that they are wrong, why not at least be polite so you don't end up looking like a rude arsehat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Neat. Vaccines equal genocide now.

I just can't with this.

EDIT -- Also LULZ at the irony of smallpox devastating the native americans.

Ah, so you are just a raging hypocrite. Gotcha. Not sure what put a bug up your ass about vaccines but you expose your kid to far worse risks of illness and injury on a daily basis than vaccines.
    Difference is I can avoid vaccines, other stuff - not so much.