View Poll Results: Is this toon name offensive?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it's offensive.

7 53.85%
  • No, it's not offensive.

6 46.15%

Is this toon name offensive?

My mage's name has been recently flagged for a name change. I thought it was ironic since I am white and consider it funny because people believe something like this exists.

His name was/is: Whiteprvlege

People can say Black/Brown Pride, but god forbid if someone says White Pride.

I'm not going to go into topic why I believe "White Privilege" doesn't exist.

I just want to know why some people took offense to this and why/how is it considered against Blizzard's Naming Policy? Granted, I know they have the right to change any name they want, but I feel that Blizzard's political stance has weighed in on considering if it's really offensive etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    My mage's name has been recently flagged for a name change. I thought it was ironic since I am white and consider it funny because people believe something like this exists.

His name was/is: Whiteprvlege

People can say Black/Brown Pride, but god forbid if someone says White Pride.

I'm not going to go into topic why I believe "White Privilege" doesn't exist.

I just want to know why some people took offense to this and why/how is it considered against Blizzard's Naming Policy? Granted, I know they have the right to change any name they want, but I feel that Blizzard's political stance has weighed in on considering if it's really offensive etc etc.
    If it makes you feel better toons named "Blkpride" "brownpride" or anything of the like would also end up flagged. You knew what you were doing when you made the toon and thought it was clever.

It's just a bad name.

Really you can't see why that's against Blizzard's Naming Policy????
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    YOu knew the name was BAD the moment you made it and yet you still have to make a cry-thread about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    If it makes you feel better toons named "Blkpride" "brownpride" or anything of the like would also end up flagged. You knew what you were doing when you made the toon and thought it was clever.
    But how do we really know that? There's professional fighters etc with Brown Pride tattoo'd on their chest. Nothing is ever said about it and it's allowed/visible. Would they allow a white guy with White Pride tattoo'd on his chest to show it? I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post
    It's just a bad name.
    I guess that's just your opinion. I think it's a good name.

I'm not offended by it but c'mon, you knew what you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    But how do we really know that? There's professional fighters etc with Brown Pride tattoo'd on their chest. Nothing is ever said about it and it's allowed/visible. Would they allow a white guy with White Pride tattoo'd on his chest to show it? I highly doubt it.

I guess that's just your opinion. I think it's a good name.
    Because UFC and Blizzard are 2 different companies? Go make toons with those other names and see how long they last.

Brown Pride and White Privilege are apples and oranges man. If you do not see that then you have less upstairs than I already think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is only going to lead to political and non-World of Warcraft related discussion I'm going to close this here.

CLOSED.