View Poll Results: What is your definition of evil?

Voters
103. This poll is closed
  • Evil is to be cruel and cause pain.

43 41.75%
  • Evil is to destroy everything and absent of all creation.

9 8.74%
  • Evil is the absents of Choice.

7 6.80%
  • Evil is Something else.

44 42.72%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Evil is not merely to "be cruel and cause pain", but to cause pain because causing pain gives you pleasure.

But then, I admit I have to qualify that statement by saying that taking revenge isn't necessarily evil, and I am obviously not talking about consensual acts like S&M

It is evil if you have no other rationale than "it feels good to see them suffer".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes I'm authoritan but only up and until it crosses the line of taking away choice unless it's to eliminate harm. Primarily to others or to oneself in the instance someone's ability to choose is damaged.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like anybody who doesn't want to be a slave.
    A man chooses what to do with his life, a slave lives just to keep drawing breath.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hurting or Killing innocent children or the assholes who force children to become child soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    A man chooses what to do with his life, a slave lives just to keep drawing breath.
    True to a point. But a person isn't a slave because their life isn't useful to you or anyone else
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

if you are a good one: you know what evil is/was when you killed that mofo.
    if you are a bad one: look into mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Evil is not merely to "be cruel and cause pain", but to cause pain because causing pain gives you pleasure.

But then, I admit I have to qualify that statement by saying that taking revenge isn't necessarily evil, and I am obviously not talking about consensual acts like S&M

It is evil if you have no other rationale than "it feels good to see them suffer".
    What about someone born with a specific condition making them unable to relate to the world in any other way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Hurting or Killing innocent children or the assholes who force children to become child soldiers.
    Sounds like subverting the innocent or ignorant. Not sure Child has to be the necessary prerequisite. Not sure that is evil, it is just a choice.

What is YOUR definition of Evil?
    Alexis Bledel. If anything goes wrong with the world. Its HER fault.

Look away children. This is the epitome of Evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    No "trump" option?

No "religion" option?

No "money" option?

Well, i pick those. Hard to get more evil than corrupt, power hungry tyrants, manipulating the masses through fear and controlling the world by chasing a currency whose sole purpose is to help the people at the top stay at the top.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is YOUR definition of Evil?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    True to a point. But a person isn't a slave because their life isn't useful to you or anyone else
    But to choose to be useless, to consume resources and choose to simply sit on your ass because someone will take care of you is evil in my eyes.

What is life without a spark to drive you? Why be alive if you merely exist as a vacuous semi-conscious thing staring into a TV until you eventually keel over? Evil is in my opinion, consumption without aspiration.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    But to choose to be useless, to consume resources and choose to simply sit on your ass because someone will take care of you is evil in my eyes.
    Not everything was born to serve you or me, that doesn't mean it's existence is useless because they have no value according to your criteria. If there is an obligation towards someone like that, well then obviously it is so that person is out of the way, so that whatever other resources perhaps for others to enjoy.

What is life without a spark to drive you?
    Life is what you make it, or what someone else decides to make it and when.

Why be alive if you merely exist as a vacuous semi-conscious thing staring into a TV until you eventually keel over? Evil is in my opinion, consumption without aspiration.
    Because someone is alive doesn't mean they are yours, they don't belong to you and neither do their lives by default. If choice is evil to you or rather not seeing or doing as you would, I would disagree with that.

You are also not automatically assigned whatever resources your eyes lay upon. Unless you would rather others make the same kind of conditions for you on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To pursue harm to others, or allow harm to be done on your behalf, for the purpose of self-gain. In a nutshell.
    In other words, liberals, Democrats, and anyone on the Left. The poor vote for people who will do harm to people who do have money in a slight, unrealistic hope to better their own lives. Glad we could agree on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Treating people like things, and engaging in tyranny over the minds of human beings.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Meticulous and malicious action that causes pain, suffering and misery.
    Basically, someone who deliberately and intentionally does this.

There's alot of bad things you can do, but I usually reserve the term evil for someone who is very purposeful in their actions, with only the desire to cause misery either for personal amusement or personal gain.

There's plenty of people I'd say are bad people and do bad things.
    But Evil are the ones who take that to the extreme and revel in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    In other words, liberals, Democrats, and anyone on the Left. The poor vote for people who will do harm to people who do have money in a slight, unrealistic hope to better their own lives. Glad we could agree on that.
    Your post contains no actual argument, just baseless partisan slander in a topic that didn't call for it. All you're doing is demonstrating a complete failure to even attempt to understand the political sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Chickens... have you looked deep into those eyes. Something looks back at you from the late Cretaceous period that is reptilian in form.
    Looking into a chicken's eyes is just asking to get your eyes pecked out. I make it a rule to keep my eyes far away from things that can stab and eat them.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost comical if it wasn't so tragic seeing someone so utterly unaware .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your post contains no actual argument, just baseless partisan slander in a topic that didn't call for it. All you're doing is demonstrating a complete failure to even attempt to understand the political sphere.
    Are you telling me that in the USA, someone who does not work can't vote for people that will give them the biggest welfare check?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    It's almost comical if it wasn't so tragic seeing someone so utterly unaware .
    What am I unaware of? Answer the question I asked. Here, Ill answer for you. Yes, they can, Thus, they are hurting me, and that is what Endus defines as evil. I assume you are on the left and would vote to tax or prevent me having a big powerful vehicle, or vote to prevent me from having guns. All of those things cause me harm.

BTW, aren't you upset at the left for taxing all the money away you made on Boy Meets World?
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-08-01 at 06:42 AM.

Are you telling me that in the USA, someone who does not work can't vote for people that will give them the biggest welfare check?

- - - Updated - - -

What am I unaware of? Answer the question I asked. Here, Ill answer for you. Yes, they can, Thus, they are hurting me, and that is what Endus defines as evil. I assume you are on the left and would vote to tax or prevent me having a big powerful vehicle, or vote to prevent me from having guns. All of those things cause me harm.
    Sorry, but taking away the freedom to cause malicious harm isn't considered harm. As much as alt-righters love to posit they should have the freedom to harm anyone they want.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sorry, but taking away the freedom to cause malicious harm isn't considered harm. As much as alt-righters love to posit they should have the freedom to harm anyone they want.
    How is wanting to keep the money you earn, driving a vehicle with a powerful engine and owning guns causing malicious harm to anyone? The people causing harm are the radical left wanting to take those freedoms we enjoy away.