Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

why does epicanthal fold exist? why did it develop?

it looks so creepy, why would a trait like this evolve in humans that make them stand out so much from others who dont have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    it looks so creepy, why would a trait like this evolve in humans that make them stand out so much from others who dont have it?
    For the same reason shallow people came to be, I suppose.

Why are you so fucking racist?

And to answer your question, it likely evolved as a defense against heavy winds. Epicanthal folds are actually found outside of East Asia in some Finnic peoples and Southern Africans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

And to answer your question, it likely evolved as a defense against heavy winds. Epicanthal folds are actually found outside of East Asia in some Finnic peoples and Southern Africans.
    how is this racism to ask questions about why it exists??

I think it's hot, asian girls are super attractive

It's also prevalent in people with down syndrome.

I don't think its an evolution, its a side effect of having a low set nasal bridge. Which is a common trait in some people.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2017-08-03 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is this racism to ask questions about why it exists??
    it looks so creepy
    This is why you proofread before you post, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

In places where it's more common they don't look out of place.
    It apparently helped to survive so it became dominant in those areas.
    Encounters between those with and without are relatively recent on an evolutionary scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This is why you proofread before you post, folks.
    Saying something looks creepy is not racism hahahaha. WTF are you on about lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Saying something looks creepy is not racism hahahaha. WTF are you on about lol
    "Ahahah black skin is just so dirty looking. It just looks gross! What?! How is that racism?!?"

Seriously I get that calling everything racist is unnecessary but y'know it applies sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    "Ahahah black skin is just so dirty looking. It just looks gross! What?! How is that racism?!?"

Seriously I get that calling everything racist is unnecessary but y'know it applies sometimes.
    No, saying black skin looks dirty is not racist. Saying black skin looks dirty so therefor they are a lesser race and i will not even speak to them is racist. You can dislike the aesthetics of something without hating the race.

You're the creepy one from their perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I think its called evolution...i don't really know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, saying black skin looks dirty is not racist. Saying black skin looks dirty so therefor they are a lesser race and i will not even speak to them is racist. You can dislike the aesthetics of something without hating the race.
    I mean you can keep dancing around it all you want but applying negative descriptors to someones skin/eyes/whatever means you think it's inferior compared to whatever race is your preference.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lmao this will closed shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I mean you can keep dancing around it all you want but applying negative descriptors to someones skin/eyes/whatever means you think it's inferior compared to whatever race is your preference.
    I prefer the look of many things over others. That does not make me racist.

rac·ism
    ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
    noun
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I do not believe that my race is superior. I believe every race has some common characteristics shared between members of that race. Some characteristics of a race I like, other characteristics of a race I do not like.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

I wouldnt say this is racist, is it with the best taste? no, but not racist.

This comment shows how a word like racist has been so denigrated that it means absolutely nothing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not believe that my race is superior. I believe every race has some common characteristics shared between members of that race. Some characteristics of a race I like, other characteristics of a race I do not like.
    True. I don't particularly like white people's propensity for making extremely derogatory or insensitive remarks and then trying to excuse/justify them or pass them off as a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    There's no conclusive explanation as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    True. I don't particularly like white people's propensity for making extremely derogatory or insensitive remarks and then trying to excuse/justify them or pass them off as a joke.
    Is that only common to white people though? Or do you only dislike it when white people do it? Because the latter would be racist.