Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Asmongold & Co's concern for the twitch community in the future

I was watching the new episode of Allcraft and the guys voiced concern over the future of end game raiding. They were saying that the Tomb of Sargeras mythic race were generating lots of views on twitch and they seemed worried that if expansion 7 (8.0) innovates in such a way that promotes M+ over raiding, it might diminish or damage the budding twitch community.

I thought it was an interesting opinion because, when you think about it, Blizzard has pretty much never shown an interest in protecting communities around their titles.

1. They shut down global LFG, preventing global chat. Even today its STILL not fixed because the old chat defaulted to ON while this one must be turned on. That pretty much ruins the LFG channel.
    2. They added AMM like dungeon finder so you dont have to talk to people.
    3. They pretty much did everything possible to wreck in game communities with merged servers, phasing, sharding. I never see regulars anymore.
    4. In SC2 and D3 they didnt even want chat at ALL and it took multiple 25 page threads to even get a horrible interface installed
    5. They crushed the twink community before it could get off the ground.
    6. They apparently have damaged the RP servers by putting sharding on tham, making it hard to RP with others. You never know what shard they are on.

With all these antisocial moves, i really dont think they will do a single thing to protect end game raiding communities on twitch. I certainly think they COULD do interesting things to promote the game off that fommunity. But i dont think for a second they will do anything but try to kill it.

What do you think?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Why does this "Twitch community" need some sort of protection (whatever that means) by Blizzard? If people (the "Streamers") want to keep the "Community" alive, they will start streaming high-end progression. If the next expansion promotes m+ over raiding, then people can stream that instead.

what the fuck is a shard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Why do you take Asmon's opinion like it has value? That guy's crazy as fuck.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Sorry stopped caring once you said Asmongold. this guy in my eyes is nothing. So just move along people.

Isn't this guy a complete prick?

Deleted
    the wow section on twitch is pretty healthy all things considered. This is a game everybody knows will be relevant for years to come. unlike the myriad of games that die in 3-6 months.

maybe in the future there will be less room for twitch subs in wow, but at the end of the day thats just supply and demand. any current wow streamer with a stable viewer base will have years to adapt, if they don't it's on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Streamers are entertainers.

It is their job to entertain us. That is how they provide for themselves and their families.

We, the viewers, find streamers that entertain us specifically. While I don't like Asmongold or Tyler1 because of what I perceive as insanity, they obviously have a following. If that following starts to decline as a result of what they perceive as a problem (In this case, favoring Mythic + over Heroic/Mythic raiding), then they need to figure out how to retain their followers. It's a similar situation with Uber/Lyft and the Taxi Services throughout the world. You either innovate in some fashion or you die, like any other business.

As such, it's not going to do a single fucking thing to damage the 'twitch community', because the 'twitch community' is more than WoW and certainly more than a cluster of fucktards who think they're important. I watch Variety streamers, I watch Food streamers, I watch WoW Streamers, and not a single one of the folks I watch are or will be impacted, whatso ever, by their 'Sky is Falling' sentiment.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    "crushed" it? the only thing they did wrong is believe people when they claimed they like to fight other twinks and not gib non-twink players. i mean , we knew you were lying, but they didnt, lol

streaming is a business. adapt or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was watching the new episode of Allcraft and the guys voiced concern over the future of end game raiding. They were saying that the Tomb of Sargeras mythic race were generating lots of views on twitch and they seemed worried that if expansion 7 (8.0) innovates in such a way that promotes M+ over raiding, it might diminish or damage the budding twitch community.

I thought it was an interesting opinion because, when you think about it, Blizzard has pretty much never shown an interest in protecting communities around their titles.

1. They shut down global LFG, preventing global chat. Even today its STILL not fixed because the old chat defaulted to ON while this one must be turned on. That pretty much ruins the LFG channel.
    2. They added AMM like dungeon finder so you dont have to talk to people.
    3. They pretty much did everything possible to wreck in game communities with merged servers, phasing, sharding. I never see regulars anymore.
    4. In SC2 and D3 they didnt even want chat at ALL and it took multiple 25 page threads to even get a horrible interface installed
    6. They apparently have damaged the RP servers by putting sharding on tham, making it hard to RP with others. You never know what shard they are on.

With all these antisocial moves, i really dont think they will do a single thing to protect end game raiding communities on twitch. I certainly think they COULD do interesting things to promote the game off that fommunity. But i dont think for a second they will do anything but try to kill it.

What do you think?
    Anyone making threads about anything Asmongold says needs a perm ban from the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchas View Post
    Sorry stopped caring once you said Asmongold. this guy in my eyes is nothing. So just move along people.
    "Nothing" would be better then what he actually is.

Meh, fuck Twitch. Cancer of a site.

Asmongold is 1 dude with an opinion which is being over-inflated by his followers, taking what he says as gospel and some sort of "authority-speech!"...

It's not Blizzard's job to keep streamers and their communities running.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-02 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to making money, refer to the signature.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Sorry but truth to be told, less than 1% of the wow player base watch Twitch, nobody gives a shit about a streaming platform except those that make money from it.

I watch Twitch a ton myself, I've been on the platform since when Swifty started his whole gaming house stuff but still to this date I have never understood why people need the devs to take Twitch seriously, there's an insane minority watching streams among their players, youtube videos are one thing, but twitch? Nah.

Also the sixth point you made was true for a moment but they removed it on rp servers so that stuff is back to normal now.

While Wow is a big game on twitch, it's nowhere near the top anymore, it only reaches that point when a new expansion releases but then it goes back to normal 2 weeks later.
    Blizzard has almost nothing to gain from supporting streaming at least on the Wow side, Overwatch is a whole other deal as that is their next flagship game for the years to come.

The wow section would've been waaaaay further down had it not been for the likes of AsmonG, Towelliee and Cdew.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think i understand their concern Blizzard have not done much to help streamers entertain and they are not really putting many things into the game, that allows people to entertain

But again, Blizzard care very little about the Streamers or the mythic raiders, so i don't think they would care to put in improvements.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Why does this "Twitch community" need some sort of protection (whatever that means) by Blizzard? If people (the "Streamers") want to keep the "Community" alive, they will start streaming high-end progression. If the next expansion promotes m+ over raiding, then people can stream that instead.
    This. I see no reason why twitch-steamers cannot adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think i understand their concern Blizzard have not done much to help streamers entertain and they are not really putting many things into the game, that allows people to entertain

But again, Blizzard care very little about the Streamers or the mythic raiders, so i don't think they would care to put in improvements.
    That's not Blizzard's problem.
    If the game changes in any way, if the streamers want to continue doing what they do, they need to adapt or oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW streams before Legion were mostly PvP only. At least the successful ones. Times change. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    "crushed" it? the only thing they did wrong is believe people when they claimed they like to fight other twinks and not gib non-twink players. i mean , we knew you were lying, but they didnt, lol

streaming is a business. adapt or die.
    Yah, that's a lie. And it obviously did nothing for anyone to kill the twink community. Now the things are just dead. So, grats?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.