Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    That's not Blizzard's problem.
    If the game changes in any way, if the streamers want to continue doing what they do, they need to adapt or oh well.
    It is not indeed, but again, so can be said the same about keeping people playing the game

Whether you like it or not, the streamer community together with the website and youtube community is helping WoW by keeping it interesting for people.

These communties are not saying, that Blizzard should use money just so that they can keep their jobs and income. They are saying, that Blizzard should increase the amount of stuff they can use for entertainment, so that they can keep their communties going, which helps keep the WoW population happy. You would be surprised on how many people are kept in the game, because they are also satisfied with other entertainment while they are not playing the game.

This is something many other companies have acknowledged, which is why they fight and pay streamers to play their games. Seeing other people enjoy a game or do content which seems enjoyable makes people want to have the same experience.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Most people I know that stream raiding stream m+ as well. Pretty much all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    When it comes to making money, refer to the signature.
    Agree......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was watching the new episode of Allcraft and the guys voiced concern over the future of end game raiding. They were saying that the Tomb of Sargeras mythic race were generating lots of views on twitch and they seemed worried that if expansion 7 (8.0) innovates in such a way that promotes M+ over raiding, it might diminish or damage the budding twitch community.

I thought it was an interesting opinion because, when you think about it, Blizzard has pretty much never shown an interest in protecting communities around their titles.

1. They shut down global LFG, preventing global chat. Even today its STILL not fixed because the old chat defaulted to ON while this one must be turned on. That pretty much ruins the LFG channel.
    2. They added AMM like dungeon finder so you dont have to talk to people.
    3. They pretty much did everything possible to wreck in game communities with merged servers, phasing, sharding. I never see regulars anymore.
    4. In SC2 and D3 they didnt even want chat at ALL and it took multiple 25 page threads to even get a horrible interface installed
    5. They crushed the twink community before it could get off the ground.
    6. They apparently have damaged the RP servers by putting sharding on tham, making it hard to RP with others. You never know what shard they are on.

With all these antisocial moves, i really dont think they will do a single thing to protect end game raiding communities on twitch. I certainly think they COULD do interesting things to promote the game off that fommunity. But i dont think for a second they will do anything but try to kill it.

What do you think?
    Twitch has nearly no intellectual value. The hype about twitch is a miracle. Much more insane is the fact people actually spending tons of their money on that shit (subs and donations) without getting something back. Even the best moments in twitch history will never be spoken IRL if you don't watch in your screen. Can't imagine someone cries REEE if something went wrong in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Twitch has nearly no intellectual value. The hype about twitch is a miracle. Much more insane is the fact people actually spending tons of their money on that shit (subs and donations) without getting something back. Even the best moments in twitch history will never be spoken IRL if you don't watch in your screen. Can't imagine someone cries REEE if something went wrong in the office.
    Actually I pick up a lot of things I didn't know about just by listening to them. Some of them do test realm raids and I learn the fites just by listening to twitch streamers work on them.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why do you take Asmon's opinion like it has value? That guy's crazy as fuck.
    Seriously. He forced the new chat protection system to take action against him by having his viewers report him, then he bitched about it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Anyone saying people making threads about topics they don't like needs a perma ban needs a perma ban.
    Anyone saying people making threads about topics they don't like needs a perma ban needs a perma ban, needs a perma ban. :P

Deleted
    I was watching the new episode of Allcraft and the guys voiced concern over the future of end game raiding. They were saying that the Tomb of Sargeras mythic race were generating lots of views on twitch and they seemed worried that if expansion 7 (8.0) innovates in such a way that promotes M+ over raiding, it might diminish or damage the budding twitch community.
    This is kind of like saying increased pet battling may stifle interest in Pepe.

Those guys are kind of obsessed with pve. Pve just doesn't interest 75% of the wow community who have never set foot in a normal+ raid.

You get this distortion among streamers and forum posters who tend to be more interested than the casuals in it, but their sub is no more or less valuable than a casuals.

It's not Blizzards job to ensure that the Twitch welfare system remains viable.

They may have to become grown ups and go find a real job instead of sitting on their asses all day playing WoW and somehow getting people to give them money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yah, that's a lie. And it obviously did nothing for anyone to kill the twink community. Now the things are just dead. So, grats?
    Ain't nothing dead about the Twink scene. I made over 200k making gems for various twinks over the last few months. Perhaps find out where they're playing or what have you.

Personally, I hate twinks. Have since vanilla. Prior to their influx, I enjoyed grinding out my levels in battlegrounds. Now? I won't even touch anything that's not max level.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

I dont know what Asmongold is really talking about. there is another streamer named Quin69 that consistently has more viewers than he does and he mostly does M+ high keys.

Personally I would much rather watch high lvl key being done than watch Mythic raids.

Key are just more dynamic with larger playspace and the inclusion of the changing afflix's. They are also easier to follow and with the timer ticking down can be much mor of a nail biter.

I think M+ will be a huge part of WoW going forward and I think I'm not alone in saying that I think that M+will drive more traffic to twitch streamers as it, at least to me and the anecdotal evidence I see in the Twich community is more fun to watch than raiding.

I am not sure I understand what the problem is. Suppose mythic 5-mans attract more people than raids, both in viewers and in participants. So what?

I am not seeing any issues, honest.

OP, in game community and in game experience matters
    What happens outside of it, in Twitch troll infested bay for example, IT DOESN'T MATTER.
    I beg of you, pick up any other mmo on the market right now....then come back here and tell us how Blizzard "wrecked communities" and whatnot.
    But lets look over your reasons for a moment, shall we? Leaving all bias aside...por favor

1. They shut down global LFG, preventing global chat. Even today its STILL not fixed because the old chat defaulted to ON while this one must be turned on. That pretty much ruins the LFG channel.

LFG global was causing unnecessary strain on the servers, and in some cases players from far away regions had to suffer technical dificulties due to it. So Blizzard chose the well being of the players here. It wasn't a conspiration from High power to destroy the chat monster. You can still search for groups in chat chanels. And you also have a fully functional LFG tool, unlike other mmo's....

I would like you to prove your statement here. I talk to ppl in the groups i play all the time. I can search for groups in chat, or use the in-game tool, it is a matter of convenience, most of us, like the vast majority thinks this was a much needed QOL update to the game.
    Besides, once you will get a full time job, home obligations and a healthy real life outside of this virtual world, you will realize just how useful LFG tool is.
    But, meanwhile, i am waiting for you to come here and prove your claim, that blizzard did X to prevent Y, if you can't then you are just spouting up conspiracies about lunar landing, martians and bedtime stories.

3. They pretty much did everything possible to wreck in game communities with merged servers, phasing, sharding. I never see regulars anymore.

Merged servers were asked BY THE COMMUNITY, they merged servers with low population so players could easily find others to play with. This, in terms, build up more healthy communities, on the contrary of what you suggest here...you are phased to offer some sort of RPG aspect to the game and you are phased in some cases to offer you the best technical experience, again, for your own sake and enjoyment.
    Merged servers were received with happiness by those who played on dead servers, and alas, server industry advanced a lot in the past 10 years, no reason to keep relegated servers any longer.

4. In SC2 and D3 they didn't even want chat at ALL and it took multiple 25 page threads to even get a horrible interface installed.

This is not gaming a la carta, and you are lying in what D3 concerns, it always had chat, even on the alpha stages. ALAS, you can always use BNET, yes, they even gave you THAT OPTION...

Twink community was actually trash community, who brought huge imbalance to the game , especially at lower levels. And you like imbalanced game, aren't you? Or you don't? Hard to figure out from your blabering biased that you vomit all over in your OP.

6. They apparently have damaged the RP servers by putting sharding on tham, making it hard to RP with others. You never know what shard they are on.

You are always shard generated with your own party members. You lie! The complaints from RP were due to community breaking their RP moments, aka player behavior, and that is punished by Blizzard, under RP realm rules, with suspensions. A simple report of the perpetrates fixes this issue.

To summarize, i think you are a bandwagon hater, who vomits stuff that he may have read in other forums, on other mmo gaming communities. You lie, distort the facts to suit your needs for attention, and when confronted with reality or asked for clear evidence you ran away.
    I guess you hate on ME: Andromeda also ( a game whom personally i think is outstanding) because SJW or whatever reasons you may have read in third party websites or twitter?
    Wake up and drink some coffee, or i may say covfefe....once a liar always a liar.
    OP, full of bias, lies and distorted facts
    Last edited by Rikkof; 2017-08-02 at 07:58 AM.

This guy is nothing but an elitist twat

Basically, yeah, this is a huge issue with Blizzard, probably their biggest at all. It seems like in their mind everyone has a bunch of irl friends that plays the same game and everything important socially is that it's easy to play with those friends. They've time and time again shown that they don't care about ways to make new friends, or be a community, especially in wow where it's more and more turning into a single-player RPG with some queable multi-player features which are COMPLETELY POINTLESS because nobody ever talks or gets to know one another and could to 99% just as easily have been done with yourself and 4 other bots.

Honestly, the best time periods I've had with any blizzard games were in War3 and WoW vanilla. Not because the games were the best, but because the communities and all the fun people I got to know and play with, which were easy because both of those games were designed to help with just that.

I swear, Blizzard has no idea what made their early games so wildly popular and never will.

Ah yeah, still the biggest mistake they ever did, imho. Community and doing things with others are literally the a and o of mmorpgs, but let's just completely ruin all that with an update so there'll be a little less que time for things.

4. In SC2 and D3 they didnt even want chat at ALL and it took multiple 25 page threads to even get a horrible interface installed
    Haha, this was so brilliant. I still remember them saying things like "you'll never be alone" and so on, and logging into the game I've never ever ever felt so alone in a a video game like I did in SC2 at the start.

Why should blizz care about twitch streamers? also lol at watching asmogold >.> a man who ate worm infested food on stream and didnt care .

Streamers are businessmen, and entertaining/interesting streams are their product.

If they can't adapt to the changes of the market, they deserve to disappear, others will take freed-up spot.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    The trouble is so many people want to make money from playing WoW. It used to be everyone had a budding YT channel, now they have a budding Twitch channel. If players are interested in something, they will watch it. If at launch 8.0X most people are streaming M+ and players want to watch raid progress then the few people streaming raids will garner all the views.

Deleted
    I think he's my boi.

At least, that's what he tells me whenever I watch one of his video's.

I thought it was an interesting opinion because, when you think about it, Blizzard has pretty much never shown an interest in protecting communities around their titles.

With all these antisocial moves, i really dont think they will do a single thing to protect end game raiding communities on twitch. I certainly think they COULD do interesting things to promote the game off that fommunity. But i dont think for a second they will do anything but try to kill it.

What do you think?
    i think that all of them should find real job because sonner or later twitch will fade just like any trend anywhere - wheteher it will be 2 or 3 or 5 years they will be done unless they switch to much more popular games.

but more seriously

instead whining about twitch asmongold should take the lesson that preach learned hardway - people watch him for wow stuff on youtube not for goofing around in other games - thats why he slowed/stopped failed idea of "mate whats" and went back to daily preach because thats what people want to see.

if people want to see mythic + then twitch streamers should swp to streaming mythic + - its their job after all to provide customers with what they want - not to force customers into watching shit they dont want to watch aka mythic raiding .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-08-02 at 09:17 AM.