Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was watching the new episode of Allcraft and the guys voiced concern over the future of end game raiding. They were saying that the Tomb of Sargeras mythic race were generating lots of views on twitch and they seemed worried that if expansion 7 (8.0) innovates in such a way that promotes M+ over raiding, it might diminish or damage the budding twitch community.

I thought it was an interesting opinion because, when you think about it, Blizzard has pretty much never shown an interest in protecting communities around their titles.

1. They shut down global LFG, preventing global chat. Even today its STILL not fixed because the old chat defaulted to ON while this one must be turned on. That pretty much ruins the LFG channel.
    2. They added AMM like dungeon finder so you dont have to talk to people.
    3. They pretty much did everything possible to wreck in game communities with merged servers, phasing, sharding. I never see regulars anymore.
    4. In SC2 and D3 they didnt even want chat at ALL and it took multiple 25 page threads to even get a horrible interface installed
    5. They crushed the twink community before it could get off the ground.
    6. They apparently have damaged the RP servers by putting sharding on tham, making it hard to RP with others. You never know what shard they are on.

With all these antisocial moves, i really dont think they will do a single thing to protect end game raiding communities on twitch. I certainly think they COULD do interesting things to promote the game off that fommunity. But i dont think for a second they will do anything but try to kill it.

What do you think?
    5000 viewers less than $100 in donations over an entire week, no sub button, and no adsense or youtube network...Honestly Idc what the viewbotter thinks.

P.s. Blizzard OWNS MLG which was attempting to rival twitch for live entertainment...why would they? They already stated also they plan to make MLG into the ESPN of eSports.
    Last edited by VooDsXo; 2017-08-02 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Seriously. He forced the new chat protection system to take action against him by having his viewers report him, then he bitched about it.
    He bitched about it with reason. Did you watch the video, I mean, the whole video? Or are you just throwing?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Anyone making threads about anything Asmongold says needs a perm ban from the forums.
    I support this.

I don't get this thread... what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomes Smushen View Post
    He bitched about it with reason. Did you watch the video, I mean, the whole video? Or are you just throwing?
    He did indeed expose a flaw in the system but him and other youtubers blew the whole silence thing out of proportion. They all made it seem that this feature would turn WoW into 1984 and yet it wouldn't surprise me if most of the player base even know that the system exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I've always been curious to why people even watch twitch? I've watched a few view streams briefly of highly viewed streamers and thought it was fucking retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point it's clear that the thread is not really very much about World of Warcraft.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."