Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think this just spells the beginning of the end of youtube tbh. Nothing lasts forever

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Please support that wild accusation with actual proof.
    He defended PDP being an Antisemite. If you are okay with someone being Antisemite you support Antisemitism.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with these policies is you know CNN, FOX, NBC, and other main stream news YouTube channels won't be held to the same standard. It's their platform and they can do with as they like; however, I'd like them to fair about their implementation which I doubt they will be.
    What are you talking about specifically here? Advertisers? Those can boycott news channels.

Deleted
    Google collect data on everything you do online.
    Are developing Bacteria-Infected Mosquitoes.
    Are attempting to create an AI.
    Pay researchers to publish pro google papers.
    Are already in your home, car, workplace and the street.
    Adapting google glasses to be given to workers when they clock into a shift so you can literally watch what they do.

And you are worried about poodoopie and phillip defucktard losing adrevenue.

Good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    He defended PDP being an Antisemite. If you are okay with someone being Antisemite you support Antisemitism.
    PewDiePie isn't antisemitic...................................

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    PewDiePie isn't antisemitic...................................
    The guy in the Nazi uniform calling to exterminate all the Jews isn't Antisemtic. Okay.

Deleted
    The guy in the Nazi uniform calling to exterminate all the Jews isn't Antisemtic. Okay.
    He really isn't.

He is an idiot: that is his crime, that is his punishment.

If you watch the video in question it is much the same as bad taste humour such as 'allo 'allo or even The Producers.
    I'm not sure Pewdiepie is actually capable intellectually of subscribing to a white supremacist or anti-semitic ideology.

TIL why context is important...

Hope next we go after all the Hollywood actors that have used an nazi uniform, we must out all those bastards!
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-08-02 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What was Googles slogan again?
    Once upon a time their slogan was 'Dont be evil'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Lucky for us normal people there is no money to be made from going the sjw / feminism route meaning that sooner or later those annoyances will vanish from our day to day life and entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Lucky for us normal people there is no money to be made from going the sjw / feminism route meaning that sooner or later those annoyances will vanish from our day to day life and entertainment.
    Very good, optimistic point. Of course, unluckily for us Alex Jones et. al sells like hotcakes. I don't know which one says more about a particular group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Oh stop fucking blathering on about "sjw's".

This is happening because of a smear campaign by Rupert Murdoch owned media. You know the guy who owns Fox News. Not exactly an "sjw".

Insofar as there is a political element to this at all it is right-wing corporate media attacking youtube. It is fuck all to do with liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, actually it would be incredibly difficult, as it would require a consumer (the ads) to be forced to buy a product from a specific store, rather than the store not selling to a customer. The difference is enormous.
    And how is de-monetizing content not doing exactly that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    So, "thought police" is the new term for "capitalism?"
    It is cool and edgy to throw around phrases people do not understand.

$5 says the OP never read 1984 or knows who Orwell is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    And how is de-monetizing content not doing exactly that.
    By demonetizing the content, who is being forced to purchase something from a person they don't want to buy from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with a private company choosing what can be posted on their platform. If you don't like it then go use another one.
    You don't see anything wrong with it even though it's a private company with an immense amount of influence in day to day lives? Many celebrities, businesses and even government officials make use of Youtube so it's not as if it's only used for entertainment purposes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You don't see anything wrong with it even though it's a private company with an immense amount of influence in day to day lives? Many celebrities, businesses and even government officials make use of Youtube so it's not as if it's only used for entertainment purposes.

So Fox News should be forced to give a weekly show to Hillary Clinton? After all , it's a private company with an immense amount of influnce in day to day lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So Fox News should be forced to give a weekly show to Hillary Clinton? After all , it's a private company with an immense amount of influnce in day to day lives.
    I'm not American, so I can't comment on Fox News.

Are the people who were apart of Monty Python also Antisemitic? They've dressed in Nazi clothing for comedic bits, or do YouTuber not get the right to do those jokes for fear of being labeled? Defending someone with facts, doesn't make someone an Antisemitic. Just like telling a Jewish joke or racial joke doesn't make you an anti-Semite or a racist.

As for the advertiser, not this is about the implementation of their new policies. YouTube is quick to demonetize independent individual channel for anything that is questionable even channels who report on the exact same news shown on other channels.
    Monty Python is clearly a satirical program as it lampoons the absurdity in most things, or in this case religions. PewDiePie only makes derogartory comments about one religion. That's an important distinction when thinking about the purpose of satire; satire focuses on the absurdity born of institutions, not the institutions themselves. PewDiePie fixates on a single religion to mock. That's not satire.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not American, so I can't comment on Fox News.
    LOL talk about evading the question.

Turns out that Nazis are bad for business. Free market has spoken.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    You don't think old media uses its media influence on our day to day lives? This is hardly new.