Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Demon home world vs a Naga witch and her puppet master in the sea. Obviously they could've done more with it. But it's just to illustrate that there's no way a future expansion only contains Azhara and Nzoth. Maybe you should try comprehensive reading first before you type dickish responses.
    N'zoth and Azshara could be two separate expansions pretty easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    N'zoth and Azshara could be two separate expansions pretty easily.
    OK. How would you break up the tiers then? Along with the content and story.

8.1 azshara and her 10 nameless champions
    8.2 ?

Or were you planning on 20 fodder raid bosses divided over 4 patches before finally getting to beat someone that in power ranks 30 leagues below sargeras?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-08-03 at 06:16 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Yeah I've been thinking this since the first time I loaded up Legion. Old God, Void, something along those lines.
    A LOT is coalescing behind the void.

I'd say it's obvious we're going off to the Ethereal Homeworld or something if not for how we got that Kul'tiras robe in this patch. And we always seem to get one random texture of the next expansion in the final patch of the current one.

Remember the Iron Horde chain texture?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Demon home world vs a Naga witch and her puppet master in the sea. Obviously they could've done more with it. But it's just to illustrate that there's no way a future expansion only contains Azhara and Nzoth. Maybe you should try comprehensive reading first before you type dickish responses.
    Do you consider Y'shaarj's power up enough to claim that Garrosh was a level up from deathwing? I sure as hell don't and it still made for a fine story.

Next expansions villain does not have to be a tougher villain than Argus or whatever will come in that raid.
    Especially since we will be losing our Artifacts by then,
    As well as having the Titans and Illidan being locked up with Sargeras at the end .

So, Even though Azshara might not be as powerfull as KJ even, it doesnt really matter...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    For anyone who has seen the first generation of Digimon (with Tai, Matt, TK, etc) don't you guys think we could compare the game's story and progression to the series itself? The analogy is basically this: we have the elected kids on Digimon, in WoW we have the "champions" who keep raiding and killing the big bads, and ever since we started, back in Vanilla, the Bosses and threats have become bigger and bigger. We started as absolute youngsters, newbies, not knowing most of our abilities or power, we've come to grow and become quite powerful, and with every threat that we eliminate, we have little time to celebrate as we get to learn there's an even bigger threat out there that's coming for us.

I don't know but I really think of the whole scene as very similar to Digimon and I find it funny/interesting. I still remember Myotismon and how powerful he was and how long it took the kids to defeat him only to learn there were 4 dark masters awaiting them, who were far stronger then the foe they had just eliminated.

So we're defeating the Legion, this monstruous powerful enemy, but wait! There are actually bigger badasses. The void is coming. Once again we will need to increment our powers and believe in ourselves and stand together to save our digiworld (cough, planet, Azeroth).

Curious if someone ever thought of it this way x)

Deleted
    I can't think of anything less interesting than an entire expansion dedicated to the Void and its unpronounceable naming convention.

I highly doubt they'd jump from the big Legion expansion to the big Void expansion.

Far more likely we'll have one based off the Naga and very probably N'zoth featured as well. From there, who knows. I would be shocked if they took all the lore it has taken them years to build up and rushed it all out together in an expansion immediately.

OK. How would you break up the tiers then? Along with the content and story.

8.1 azshara and her 10 nameless champions
    8.2 ?

Or were you planning on 20 fodder raid bosses divided over 4 patches before finally getting to beat someone that in power ranks 30 leagues below sargeras?
    How was it ever possible to give us Mists of Pandaria with all of its amazing raids (okay, SoO wasn't that great but the first two raid tiers were)? That could happen with the next expansion as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    So, Even though Azshara might not be as powerfull as KJ even, it doesnt really matter...
    Azshara could wipe the floor with Kil'jaeden if she really wanted to. There's a Xal'atath whisper that indicates Azshara is looking for even stronger "allies" than her former ones (first Burning Legion, then N'zoth - pretty sure she already has turned to the Void now).
    _________

The next expansion MUST BE something like MoP. Giving us a fresh scenario and setting up all the things for the upcoming expansions afterwards. In the next expansion events will unfold that somehow end in a Void scenario, let it be on Azeroth or on another planet. There's like no chance we're facing the Void directly in xpac 7.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-03 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Azshara could wipe the floor with Kil'jaeden if she really wanted to. There's a Xal'atath whisper that indicates Azshara is looking for even stronger "allies" than her former ones (first Burning Legion, then N'zoth - pretty sure she already has turned to the Void now).
    _________
    So... An ingame weapon whisperes to you an indication about how Queen Azshara is looking for a new ally, and what you gather from that is that she suddenly can "wipe the floor with Killjaeden"?

Thats a big leap.

Azshara may be powerfull... And as i said in my post she might as well be more or less powerfull than Legions late second in command.
    But it is not eatablished yet...

All we have to go by are speculations from shady characters:
    Mannoroth
    Illidan
    Prince Farondis
    And Xalatath...

Its like saying the old gods are stronger than Sargeras because Korialstrasz says so...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Why are you drawing parallels with MoP? Blizzard usually didn't drop hints at the new expansions in the previous ones. Wrath had nothing to do with BC, Cata had nothing to do with Wrath, MoP had nothing to do with Cata. They started this "sequel" thing with SoO and Garrosh story. So it's possible that now we can actually draw the hints. In MoP we couldn't.
    What are you talking about? There were always hints of next expansions in the game? Back in Vanilla, you could see Karazhan and the Outland Portal. From the RTS games and lore we knew what they represented. One of the last things you do in the games is to make Ilidan the lord of outland so it was obvious that we were going there sooner then later. Northern zones of the eastern kingdoms were full of scourge to remind us that we had to deal with LK and introduce that threat to people who never played the games before.

"Naxx" popping up in the middle of eastern kingdoms is a big enough reference to the LK expansion I think.. that was even before BC came out.
    In BC, you see deathwing's consort trading dragon eggs with the orcs and confirms that DW still lives in dialogue. That is a HUGE reference to people who believed we were going to fight him at a later expansion.

The whole corrupted ashbringer story told us that we would find a BS to help us purify it in outland but by then we knew BC was coming already, still it wasn't a prelaunch event so guess it counts.

Atiesh teleporting you to Karazhan..

Cata zones were already in game from Vanilla but locked away so we knew they were going to come soon. Some hints weren't as direct as recent expansion quest lines and name drops but people predicted what was coming next on all the early expansions. Up until mop came out, the previous expansions were basically tying up loose ends from the single player game. Original WoW was universe building then came, fate of ilidan > fate of LK > fate of DW aaaaand they ran out of ideas and brought pandas in.

Argus story ends in the raid Right?

I mean last zone on argus is basically "Raid"

They cramped Argus in a patch. And people think they are gonna have 2 xpaxs to separate an old God, azshara and their puppet masters lol. Add to that every major blizzard employee abandoning ship or getting transferred, it's one more and then it's done. You can also notice this from the amount of replay ability they add to the game in the form of monthly holidays, auction house dance party and other bs.

Patch 8.1 is azshara
    Patch 8.2 is nzoth.
    Path 8.3 is void lords
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So, gathering the drift of the comments here it is 100% Naga/Ashzara/South Seas and 100% Void.

Could that all actually fit into one x-pac? I mean, they crammed the much toted Emerald Dream into Legion and it felt like the Emerald Dream / Nightmare really is all that...a patch that gets old real fast
    The only way I could Blizzard devoting 2 whole expansions to a theme that's essentially the same (Old Gods / Void Lords is like saying Demons / Burning Legion) is by, in fact, making both expansions not strictly (or even predominantly) focused on these big bad boys. The first one (8.0) would have to have a strong Azshara / Naga / South Seas theme that slowly leads up to the Old Gods and N'zoth (perhaps N'zoth resurrects all the other ones we've killed and we meet them all in the final raid, like with the fallen Titans on Argus?).

This would then open the door for us to go into the Void, which, in order not to repeat the same purple-tentacle colour pallet of the previous expac could, borrowing here heavily from Golden Yak's fanfic expac idea, contain a conglomerate of broken worlds the Void has consumed. This would give Blizzard an unlimited array of choices, they could make one zone from primordial Azeroth with a band of Void-touched High Elves living there, one from the Ethereal's home world, and really any number of other races and cultures which we've never seen before.

This would make for two very different yet similar expansions and would neatly finish off all the remaining enemies, and Blizzard could (and I realise this is still very much wishful thinking, but I can't resist) finally make WC4 after that, perhaps set 100-200 years in the future, allowing us to see how the world has evolved in a modern, ultra realistic engine. Oh Blizzard employ me now, I've your business strategy all figured out!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    What are you talking about? There were always hints of next expansions in the game? Back in Vanilla, you could see Karazhan and the Outland Portal. From the RTS games and lore we knew what they represented. One of the last things you do in the games is to make Ilidan the lord of outland so it was obvious that we were going there sooner then later. Northern zones of the eastern kingdoms were full of scourge to remind us that we had to deal with LK and introduce that threat to people who never played the games before.

"Naxx" popping up in the middle of eastern kingdoms is a big enough reference to the LK expansion I think.. that was even before BC came out.
    In BC, you see deathwing's consort trading dragon eggs with the orcs and confirms that DW still lives in dialogue. That is a HUGE reference to people who believed we were going to fight him at a later expansion.

The whole corrupted ashbringer story told us that we would find a BS to help us purify it in outland but by then we knew BC was coming already, still it wasn't a prelaunch event so guess it counts.

Atiesh teleporting you to Karazhan..

Cata zones were already in game from Vanilla but locked away so we knew they were going to come soon. Some hints weren't as direct as recent expansion quest lines and name drops but people predicted what was coming next on all the early expansions. Up until mop came out, the previous expansions were basically tying up loose ends from the single player game. Original WoW was universe building then came, fate of ilidan > fate of LK > fate of DW aaaaand they ran out of ideas and brought pandas in.
    Have you drunk too much vodka today or are you just trolling?

In Vanilla - you could see Karazhan because it was meant to be in the game but was scrapped until TBC, having been unfinished. Still, the tower stayed there as a bare model and was reworked when TBC came.

Naxx was just a raid instance, it was not a hint at anything.

Cata zones were locked away, again, see Karazhan reasons.

You're pretty much taking story arcs from Warcraft universe and saying that it's obvious they will be next expansions because those were stories that didn't come to their conclusion. We are talking about direct hints in this expansion about what's going to happen in the next one.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Preach is a clown. The expansion will be announced soon enough.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV