Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I'm confident that 100% of groups made with 2000+ score players will be able to do a 15 in time. Good luck obtaining that level of confidence from looking at ilvl or with 500 score players.
    I've seen too many people playing like autistic donkeys in dungeons that has a high m+ score....and they are realllllyy baad......reallly bad. Nothing is gonna convince me that m+ score means anything....yuck

M+ score is just a quick reference tool, the real thing to look at is if theyve done the dungeon youre pugging in time.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyrne View Post
    M+ score is just a quick reference tool, the real thing to look at is if theyve done the dungeon youre pugging in time.
    and nobody is dusputing its function

problem is how cancerous and toxic its for social aspect of game.

the cons are by far outweighting the pros.

its like with nazism - hitler also build highways, schools , was taking care of his people health,education and status - but it all didint matter due to how many milions of people his doctrine murdered in order to achieve that

exackly the same is with wowprogress atm.

ITT: people with shitty M+ scores and who suck at the game getting rejected from groups complaining about M+ score.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

its like with nazism - hitler also build highways, schools , was taking care of his people health,education and status - but it all didint matter due to how many milions of people his doctrine murdered in order to achieve that

Wow, you really went there? Yeah, sure, m+ score is like hitler....

Most people complaining about being declined for m+ because of their score are either
    a) exaggerating (there is plenty of other reasons for a decline)
    b) people that want to get carried through keys that they couldn't do in a group of their own ilvl/skill level

Ad a) I've been declined from m+15 PUGs with a 2,300 score. Sometimes, there are just other reasons: Need a melee, not a ranged or need a class with heroism/bloodlust or simply need a class in the same armor class to share loot better... But of course, simple-minded people will say "It's just because of my bad m+ score"...

Ad b) If you don't have a high(ish) m+ score because you don't care about going m+, then why do you care about the score in the first place? If you don't like doing m+, don't do them.

M+, especially the higher ones above 17, is all about experience in them. And that is relevant experience with your class/spec, not the "my uncle's friend played a +15 while I was watching, so I know it by heart now" logic that a lot of altoholics seem to bring forward.

Anyway, it's a nifty tool, that yes, sometimes is abused by idiots. But I'd rather have a way of weeding out people that would just slow me down at the risk of weeding out too many than the other way around. When I do +15s, it's for quick artifact power and I really can't stand wiping due to one of the "I don't like playing m+" crowd failing the dragons on the first HoV boss every single time.

ITT: Having requirements for difficult content is elitist and toxic

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

and when people look for a pug to do high keys they are not doing it for social reasons, but to complete a specific, often harder, goal in game.

Your analogy with Hitler is also completely unrelated to the topic. If you are going to make an argument about a specific number having a positive effect on one and negative on others based on how it is interpreted or how people react to it, do so. This is fundamentally different from a person doing different things based on different policies and how people judge him based on everything he has done weighting different things differently.

Also, this whole "omg elitist toxicity" prevalence seems to be greatly exaggerated and mostly exist in the minds of people that have little to no exposure of high mythic keys, because most people I have met doing high keys are analytical and at least semi proficient at problem solving offering concrete suggestions as oppose to "being toxic" like people suggest.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
    Last edited by david0925; 2017-08-10 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    ITT: people with shitty M+ scores and who suck at the game getting rejected from groups complaining about M+ score.
    More like ITT: People that do their 15 every week but don't push keys because it's pointless so their m+ score is lower than others

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Also, this whole "omg elitist toxicity" prevalence seems to be greatly exaggerated and mostly exist in the minds of people that have little to no exposure of high mythic keys, because most people I have met doing high keys are analytical and at least semi proficient at problem solving offering concrete suggestions as oppose to "being toxic" like people suggest.
    I think I already told it to someone else on this thread: most people who have this issue are NOT the people who run thousands of m+, push high keys and are old veterans of the system. Most people who have the problem with "m+ community" are those who want weekly +15 on main / alt and then forget it until next reset. And the proficiency of these people varies, from accomplished raiders who kinda know most m+ but cba to "push" they just want the loot, to scrubby alts that have no clue how to play their class.

Ugh. M+ score. It's gearscore all over again. Stupid ranking system is stupid.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    ITT: Having requirements for difficult content is elitist and toxic
    Oh, that's not true. Requirements are fine for the groups you do. The problem is that because of Blizzard's API limitations, wowprogress is faulty at recording one's M+ score. So the requirements you ask for are excluding people who you might have actually preferred to get in your group, if the M+ score didn't exist at all.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeleria View Post
    Ugh. M+ score. It's gearscore all over again. Stupid ranking system is stupid.
    Its the after effect of making everyone nearly equal in gear. People need a easy measuring stick to see if your ready for the content. Mythic plus score fills that need.

I don't give a fuck about scores when I make my +15 grps. Keystone Master is enough of an indicator. Almost always make the time. Wanting people to run every single key at +15 or more is stupid. So what if Johnny Pug does 150K less DPS overall than Billy Pug. It's not like most +15s are super hard.

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    If you're under 2k don't even talk to me
    I'm over 9k bro.

Just be high ilvl, now at 930 its less of a hassle to find a 15 grp. But I usually dont have people replying to me telling me my score is too low, they shouldnt have time to tell every applicant

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So I run a mythic+ dungeon every week normally if I can complete a 13+ or higher im satisfied and I only do one mythic+ dungeon a week. But lately, I'm noticing that a lot of people are telling me that I have a low mythic+ score or it's not high enough. I didnt even know there was such a thing. How do I improve my mythic+ score? Can someone help?
    1. Make your own group. Unless i'm mistaken, but if you complete a +15 in week 1, in week 2 you will loot a +15 key (or roughly similar) from your weekly chest. Use this key to make your own group.

2. Mythic+ score is from wowprogress.com. Lets say each +15 dungeon gives you 100 score. Completing 8 dungeons at +15 will give you 800 score. Some people use this score as a gate to enter their groups. For people like myself who only do high m+ of specific dungeons (MoS, BRH, CoS, Arcway) we get screwed by this system. I don't think i've done a votw over +7, yet i've done several dozen +15 CoSs. I'd still get declined from a +15 CoS because of this.

3. Not every group asks for this, so even if you cannot be bothered to make your own group, and you cannot be bothered to raise your m+ score, you can simply just queue to a different group, one that asks for 910 or so ilvl for a +15 weekly run, such as my own.