Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    An entire continent based on one character, Chen.

Once again, Blizzard will keep writing new lore and you will keep telling that the new lore is the new endgame.
    Fortunately chroicle has mapped out azeroth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Fortunately chroicle has mapped out azeroth
    Except it really didn't. One must be really blind to what's happening in Legion to believe it so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    People who think WoWs days are numbered just because eventually it's going to run out of lore. Even once every possible thing from WC3 is exhausted what makes you think they can't just make up new lore?

Look at Pandaria. Almost all of its lore was pulled out of their asses. Yes WC3 had pandaren as a throwaway joke(that were stereotypically Japanese rather than Chinese no less), but everything else about the expansion and it's story was pulled from thin air. Yet I see so many people thinking that once all existing threats have been defeated that Blizzard is just gonna throw their hands up and say "well, shit. No more lore? Guess that means WoW is over." . It's almost as illogical as the people who thought for sure that once we hit level 100 that'd be it for WoW.
    I find that a lot of it is that people just forget that the games existed before most of the lore, in the beginning there were orcs and humans, no Titans, no Sargeras, no burning legion, no dragon aspects, no Lich King, nothing. They just assume that because the established lore is running out that Blizzard must be rushing it, so it must be crap, half assed lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yes. We know how Murozond dies. The point is that doesn't mean we've seen EVERYTHING he does befire he dies. Case in point we haven't even seen his corruptio yet. We have NOT SEEN his entire story.
    Anaxie is right though, Murozond was born in a timeline where Deathwing wins and Nozdormu still had his time powers from his aspect. Logically because we killed Deathwing years before his original death in Dragonblight and the events of Murozond's creation as well as Noz giving up the power of his aspect with the other Dragons likely means that this one will never become Murozond. Which means we won't ever see the creation of Murozond as that happened in a completely different path of reality.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    And they even made Chen not actually from said continent.
    Exactly.

Legion introduced countless of new possibilities to create new lore, from new races to new planets and dangers. All that is needed are good writers to fill the whatever gameplay the devs planned for the next expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Anaxie is right though, Murozond was born in a timeline where Deathwing wins and Nozdormu still had his time powers from his aspect. Logically because we killed Deathwing years before his original death in Dragonblight and the events of Murozond's creation as well as Noz giving up the power of his aspect with the other Dragons likely means that this one will never become Murozond. Which means we won't ever see the creation of Murozond as that happened in a completely different path of reality.
    See I don't get this part: why the hell does Nozdormu say he'll go mad eventually and we will be the ones to put him down after we slay his future counterpart? Weird, don't you think?

Exactly.

Legion introduced countless of new possibilities to create new lore, from new races to new planets and dangers. All that is needed are good writers to fill the whatever gameplay the devs planned for the next expansions.
    Yeah. Retcons and expanding on old lore happen. WC 3 didn't leave me with the impression that outland, northrend and the broken isles would have the variety they did. Could they be planning to wrap up WoW in the next expansion? Possible. But just because the void lords are the new big bad doesn't mean that A. They're the only idea blizz has and B. They're going to exhaust that idea right away.

We can for example deal with Nzoth and Azshara next expansion without defeating the void lords. Legion toom them two expansions to set up. And the fact theu threw us curveballs like cata, mop and wod shows they are not always predictable.

Except it really didn't. One must be really blind to what's happening in Legion to believe it so.
    What does that have to do with chroicles maps.

Or are you talking about the titans fate which is not retconed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    See I don't get this part: why the hell does Nozdormu say he'll go mad eventually and we will be the ones to put him down after we slay his future counterpart? Weird, don't you think?
    It's probably because he thought we would fail in stopping Deathwing even with the aid of the Dragon Soul... Actually let's be a bit more inventive with his reasoning, this is supposition but Nozdormu's powers as the Aspect of Time probably may only work if he exists in a timeline with said powers so since in the timeline where we win he no longer has his powers he cannot foresee that future. As such all he can see is the future in which Deathwing wins and he becomes Murozond only to cycle back and antagonise events in the past with the infinite dragonflight before returning to the future to be slain by himself with the aid of the heroes which is why he would believe he would have the same happen again.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Yeah. Retcons and expanding on old lore happen. WC 3 didn't leave me with the impression that outland, northrend and the broken isles would have the variety they did. Could they be planning to wrap up WoW in the next expansion? Possible. But just because the void lords are the new big bad doesn't mean that A. They're the only idea blizz has and B. They're going to exhaust that idea right away.

We can for example deal with Nzoth and Azshara next expansion without defeating the void lords. Legion toom them two expansions to set up. And the fact theu threw us curveballs like cata, mop and wod shows they are not always predictable.
    Cata = old god. Mop=old god. Wod = legion. Legion=legion and old god

I guess replace old god forces with void forces. Very little change.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

Return of ethernum i fully expect K'aresh to play the role of argus next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Because at times they really seem like their gas tank is running on low? My guess...

They seem to like to reuse characters a lot (Dead ones I mean)...make stupid decisions like with the Warchiefs, like making Vul'jin some lame duck WC who did jack then killed him...or making the Warchief evil with Garrosh and now Sylvanas.

It seems like they may be gearing up for Lich King 2.0 with Bolvar...

Then if you want to veer away from the story, they make all of these grand promises that they never deliver on...balance passes and other class ideas that never come...

They just seem really seem like they're on empty sometimes.

Deleted
    What does that have to do with chroicles maps.
    Because Azeroth's cartography never changed due to cataclysmic or land rising events, right?

Because Azeroth's cartography never changed due to cataclysmic or land rising events, right?
    Compare chronicle pre cata to legions map. Pretty much the same. You have to spin bullshit theory to disprove that

If anything rose it would be the nag empire. Which...

. Pushes the villans that ive claimed anyhow
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-08-09 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Compare chronicle pre cata to legions map. Pretty much the same. You have to spin bullshit theory to disprove that
    Where is the Broken Shore on the Chronicle map? Do point.

Right, it's underwater on the map, like around half of former Kalimdor. The Naga Empire rising from the sea would completely change, again, the cartography.

they expanded the known threat into a separate universe of totally unknown beings. They can pull planets, races, everything out their ass from new if they wanted too. The story taking us upto void lords could take us anywhere, there is very very little about them in the lore.

Where is the Broken Shore on the Chronicle map? Do point.

Right, it's underwater on the map, like around half of former Kalimdor. The Naga Empire rising from the sea would completely change, again, the cartography.
    Yeah the chronicle is great and all. Doesn't mean every detail in it is locked in place forever.

Yeah the chronicle is great and all. Doesn't mean every detail in it is locked in place forever.
    Thats the entire point of the chronicles

Deleted
    Because people are dumb?

The game will end once activi$ion blizzard decide its not making (enough) profit. Money makes the world go round, games are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    they expanded the known threat into a separate universe of totally unknown beings. They can pull planets, races, everything out their ass from new if they wanted too. The story taking us upto void lords could take us anywhere, there is very very little about them in the lore.
    There is shitloads about the void in the lore

Also the void lords pretty much retitle. Old god lore to void lore

Call it void legion

The consuming crusade

Its the same

- - - Updated - - -

Actually its this simple

The light and the shadow had the eternal conflict

Then sargeras got involved and made the legion to destroy both indiacrimantly

All 3 waged a constant war with eachother

The burning legion and the many races that form its armies

Eredar, annahilian, nathrezim, shivirra, inquisitors, fel guards, imps, morag ect.

The army of the light lead by the narru and the many races that form its armies

The army of shadow and the many races that made its armies
    Black dragons, twilight dragons, nightmare corrupted beings, the fire elementals, the air elementals, twilight cult, the old gods and their armies faceless and insectoid armies, azhsaras naga, darkened narru, the Ethernum ect

A common theme to those allied that fall below the old gods is they were twisted , corrupted, ect

Everyone keeps seperating void lords from what it is. The void lords iare the sargeras of the army of shadow the old gods are the eredar equivalent

So next expansion
    Azshara =guldan
    Nzoth= kiljaeden
    Dimensius the all devoring = sargeras
    K'aresh = Argus patch zone format
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-08-09 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Thats the entire point of the chronicles
    No, the point of Chronicles was to codify, tighten up and clarify the history of Warcraft. It's the fixed pillar of Warcraft lore, from where everything new will be expanded upon.