Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I used to be a major troll and ganker in world pvp and blizzard forums, probably the best case study you could hope to find

Got banned several times, almost got hurt in real life due to people trying to find me etc

The only thing that ever made me stop was victim stopping to give attention

Don't feed is the only thing you can and should ever do in these situations

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    If you derive pleasure from others misery (whether physical or otherwise) then you're sadistic.
    Then so are bullies, and crybullies for that matter. They exist to do nothing but piss people off because it gets them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Then so are bullies, and crybullies for that matter. They exist to do nothing but piss people off because it gets them off.
    Well, yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Actually it is sociopaths who do that kind of shit OP, which is worse than psychopathy becasue it is much easier to read someone who is psychopathic.

Trolls stop when no one pays attention to them. Unlike bullies, online trolls can't really force their way into your life with the existence of the block list and such. If it passes anything more than being an idiot on some forum, aka cyber stalking etc, then it stops being trolling and is entering a realm that starts to become illegal.

But it is a level of sadism and psychopathy to get off from pissing people off, just accept that about trolling and realize you enjoy causing some level of pain to others.

Theirs a reason why people look at trolls and call them sad/psychopaths/loners/virgins/anything else that probably digs deep down with them. It's most likely true. This is most likely their only 'escape' they have from the real world. They are nobodies in the real world, this is the only place they have to 'get back at the world.' A lot of you may disagree but the majority of trolls have been through some shit in real life. That can consist of never being paid attention to by their parents, sexually frustrated, sexually abused, bullied, etc.

Theirs a line to trolling though. You may call someone a little shit which is okay, but when you start calling them a "fucking dirty sand nigger jew go back to the holocaust and fucking die cunt" what does that say about you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Updated the first post.

But OK, I'll concede that what I do is MILDLY sadistic, but it's certainly not sociopathic or psychopathic. The problem is people being black and white thinkers and lumping me in with people who dox or persuade people to kill themselves.

People getting mad at trolls and calling them psychos only makes them stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Updated the first post.

But OK, I'll concede that what I do is MILDLY sadistic, but it's certainly not sociopathic or psychopathic. The problem is people being black and white thinkers and lumping me in with people who dox or persuade people to kill themselves.
    There is nothing wrong with being a troll if you draw the line at annoyance rather than actual suffering

I mean the HWNDU flag heist is funny as heck, getting 12 yo kids to apply butter on their laptop and cook is not

Deleted
    Updated the first post.

Oh my god the mental gymnastics here, you were the one saying you were not sadistic because people who are sadistic burn kittens. Thats about as black and white as you can get, all the mental "disorders" you listed are on a scale, you are definitely on the sadistic and sociopathic scale but not as far up as doxxers and stalkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the first post.

Your problem is that you're taking it personally.

Your own behaviors that I've seen thus far fall more in line with NPD(Narcissistic Personality Disorder) anyways, which isn't to say that you have NPD either; it is normal for people to reject the idea that they share any similarities with people they view as "bad" or "evil". If anything your rejection of the idea of that association is actually something you should be reassured by, a sociopath would be more likely to feel nothing when faced with that comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Disagree, its on yourself. No one is actually harming you. Some random nobody is spouting senseless nonsense at you? Okay and? For most things there's a little button called "block" or "mute" which usually stops you having to be repeatedly poked.

You'll find most trolls are quite not seeing themselves as "superior", lol. That whole idea comes from like 15 years ago. You'll find most trolls are insecure about something. The most prolific ones likely have severe offline problems hence they use the "well if im miserable im going to make as many people as possible miserable" mindset.

A good troll is one that provokes a reaction, a bad troll is one that fails to get a response.
    The thing is, I see how you think, but I disagree. When people call me slurs etc they ARE hurting me, and they're hurting a lot of other people too. And sure I can block or mute them, but you don't seem to get why it's so harmful.. it doesn't matter if I block them, they still said the thing that hurt me and made me feel unsafe and alienated.

And in all honesty, trolls DO see themselves as superior, just look at the person who started this thread. People set trolling and bullying apart for some reason, even though they're pretty much the same. People view trolling as a skill and an "art", which contributes to this behaviour. Most people don't troll to ease their own insecurities, they do it bcus there's this entire online culture valuing them and telling them they're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    You find creating pain and distress in others hilarious? Hate to tell you, but that is sadistic and psychopathic.
    First, you don't hate to tell us. You enjoy it thoroughly. Own it.

Second, if posting memes is your definition of creating pain and distress, you have very thin skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Am I a troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good trolling died years ago. There are a few pockets left, but most trolling you see on this forum (basically all) and else where is essentially just low quality baiting. There is simply no art to it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Good trolling died years ago. There are a few pockets left, but most trolling you see on this forum (basically all) and else where is essentially just low quality baiting. There is simply no art to it anymore
    This doesn't give <redacted ridiculous poster here> nearly enough credit. I legitimately can't tell if <redacted poster's> rants about restaurants allowing dogs and other weird service complaints are genuine or not, but they sure do get a lot of replies.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find trolling people on the Internet hilarious. It's fun as hell to rile people up instigate arguments. Making people get all worked up and annoyed is just so funny to me and I honestly couldn't tell you why that is.
    Not going to judge one way or another about the trolling. I think it depends on how far you push it. Remember, for some people the internet can be their primary source of social interaction, so what you may think of as fun, they may take a little more seriously.

About the bolded part, my only suggestion to you is to delve into your own psyche and try to become more self aware. Find out why you enjoy this behavior you engage in. Once you have the answer, then find out if it's a behavior that you wish to continue engaging in, or if (after figuring out your own motivations) you no longer wish to do so.