Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Orcish warlords (current age)

If blizzard would bring back the Warlords of the Orcs in the current age what Orc do you see become a warlord of one of the clans?

Frostwolf clan: Nazgrel
    Warsong clan: Gargok
    Shattered Hand clan: Ormok
    Dragonmaw clan: Nek'rosh Skullcrusher
    Blackrock clan: Eitrigg
    Bleeding Hollow clan: Jorin Deadeye

This is my list what i had in mind, what Orcs do you have in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    If blizzard would bring back the Warlords of the Orcs in the current age what Orc do you see become a warlord of one of the clans?

Frostwolf clan: Nazgrel
    Warsong clan: Gargok
    Shattered Hand clan: Ormok
    Dragonmaw clan: Nek'rosh Skullcrusher
    Blackrock clan: Eitrigg
    Bleeding Hollow clan: Jorin Deadeye

This is my list what i had in mind, what Orcs do you have in mind.
    Isin't Nek'Rosh Skullcrusher was allready dead? While Jorin don't have his father guts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd replace Eitrigg with Ariok. The Burning Blade could have Lantresor or Samuro could make an appearance. And you forgot the Mok'Nathal.
    Yeah if i think about it Eitrigg is also abit on the old side.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    While Jorin don't have his father guts.
    Well to be fair blizzard did not do alot with Jorin sofar, so it can go any way they want.

The Shattered Hand I think it has become more of a rogue faction than an orcish clan.

About the leaders I mostly agree but there are some important clans missing.

Dragonmaw Clan - Gorfax Angerfang
    Blackrock Clan - Maybe Ariok

Shadowmoon Clan - Someone in Shadowmoon Village.
    Burning Blade - Some remnants are out there. Maybe Samuro but he's quite old.
    Bladewind Clan - Garona was from this clan.

About the Laughing Skull or Thunderlord clans and the rest we don't know if they are officially extinct or if some still remain.
    Last edited by Ryon21; 2017-08-06 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Warsong - AU grommash hellscream. The story would be that one day we just meet him in the middle of orgrimmar. He decided to go on the trip because he had nothing better to do on draenor. And because we are shitty judges of character, and love making bad decisions we give him leadership. And free hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gordul is the leader of the Shattered Hand clan and spy organization not Ormok.

Deleted
    In the absence of a singular Orc leader (think saurfang is de facto leader) and with the Warcheif being Forsaken could be cool to make the Orc 'leader' a council of the major clans. One of Wods sole bonus was reinforcing to new players in the diversity in the Orcish Clans shame not to build on it.

Also give us a bloody troll leader.

Deleted
    Dragonmaw Clan: Gorfax Angerfang
    Frostwolf Clan: Drek'thar
    Warsong Clan: Gargok
    Blackrock Clan: Varok Saurfang
    Bleeding Hollow Clan: Jorin Deadeye
    Mok'nathal Clan: Leoroxx

Shattered Hand is no longer a clan, it's a multi-racial Horde spy organisation (even had a dark iron dwarf member), their equivalent of SI:7, so it has no Warlord and if they had, it would be GORDUL, who is the leader. And yes, Saurfang is a Blackrock orc, Drek'thar is the current CHIEFTAIN of the Frostwolf clan as Gorfax is the current chieftain of the Dragonmaw clan so they'd be made warlords, they're the only two orc clans that still exists in a clan structure, rest of the clans have been stripped and they're enrolled as a uniform mass. The Bleeding Hollow clan only has any real presence in the Outlands under the eye of Jorin Deadeye, the only surviving son of Kilrogg. The Burning Blade are all but gone, Lantresor leads an ogre clan currently, not an orc one. For Lantresor to become warlord, he'd be the warlord of an ogre clan. The Shadowmoon are all but gone, same goes for Lightning's Blade, Bladewind, Thunderlord clans, they exist in tiny numbers within the Horde if any at all.
    Last edited by mmoc661de564ba; 2017-08-07 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    The thing is, the old clans don't really exist in any shape or size in Orgrimmar. There is no clan identity, we don't see people wear their traditional gear, very few people practice their clan's shamanic magic or war practices. For clans to matter you would need to build on those concepts as presented by WoD (Blackrock are blacksmiths and heavy armor users, Burning Blade are blademasters and fire shaman, Warsong use wolves and wind shaman, Thunderlord use the largest beasts they can find and Dragonmaw use dragons, Laughing Skull use poisons and laugh at death, Shattered Hand mutilate themselves and assassinate enemies, Frostwolves hunt with their frost wolves, Shadowmoon are spiritual and have spirit shaman)

They could have easily done this back in Cata by placing the different clans on different zones, reinforcing clan elements and having us interact with clan hierarchy (their warchiefs, elder shaman, the consort to the warchief and famous warriors of the clan). They didn't and we have had WoD. They could do something similar with a new world revamp (which many hope that due to world quests enabling zones becoming evergreen will happen) but it will feel repetitive because of WoD. They could do the clan council without actually building up the NPCs and the MU surviving clans but it is unlikely to make much sense
    All good points. Idk I'm not saying all the clans have to act exactly like their Iron counterparts I just like the idea. But the Warsong are still in some shape as are the Frostwolves. Blackiron and dragonmaw that joined under garrosh (if they rejoined Voljins Horde) will have some clan identity. Chance to introduce (or reintroduce) some characters even if their only on the back bench. There not really any Orc characters left active. Their ethier retired or old (I know people are sick of orc focus but quietly introduce them for use later).

Truth be told I just like the idea

Deleted
    I mean yes, Drek'thar is the last leader but if we wanted to make the clans matter it would make far more sense to use Nazgrel considering Drek'thar is ancient. And yeah when I meantioned Lantressor I did in the concept of a mixed clan, mostly Ogres but perhaps with some orcs who wish to join; Burning Blade Legion cultists exist in Azeroth and we know some of them did betray the Legion (e.g. I think Rittsyn is a Burning Blade orc) and the surviving blademasters did rebel against the warlocks, such as Blademaster Rokanada.
    The chieftain is the Warlord, they're interchangeable, they're the same. Drek'thar is old, sure, but he's still the chieftain of the Frostwolf clan. Chieftain is till death.

Also, don't you think Gorn in New Kargath, Badlands would be the Warlord of the Burning Blade? He is after all the only heir to it's former Chieftain, Dharl the Thrice-Bloodied in the Main Universe.

Deleted
    Y bring some warlords to plead obedience to Sylvanas.
    This coming to Azeroth has created more problems for the Orcs than the ones supposed to solve. Return to Draenor would be my favs warlord Moto.

Have Fenris Wolfbrother or one of his children show up and takeover the Thunderlord Clan and bring them to Azeroth. Would be nice for Thrall to have a cousin aswell and Fenris in our timeline seemed way better than his AU counterpart.

Deleted
    Ehm, we are not talking about AU warlords. Heck from the ones mentioned in this thread, the only orc that comes from the Mag'har in Outland is Jorin, the rest have been in the Horde since vanilla.
    Y , just saying that maybe returnin to outland now could sound a safest option than staying at a world with huge faction conflicts constant invasions from great corrupting powers and a nascent titan in the core.
    To feth with that lets go back to nagrand things seem simpler there...

10+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Horde

I wouldn't mind a Warlord group of the modern Horde, with them trying to help out their people and what not.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Have Fenris Wolfbrother or one of his children show up and takeover the Thunderlord Clan and bring them to Azeroth. Would be nice for Thrall to have a cousin aswell and Fenris in our timeline seemed way better than his AU counterpart.
    First of all, Fenris is Thrall's UNCLE, and second, he is dead. The Thunderlord Clan has very very very few surviving members in the MU, the clan is considered destroyed and extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    First of all, Fenris is Thrall's UNCLE, and second, he is dead. The Thunderlord Clan has very very very few surviving members in the MU, the clan is considered destroyed and extinct.
    Let's not declare him dead yet, his fate remains unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    I did say one of his children... which he had at least 3 of in the AU.

And the Thunderlord clan is active in outland so no it's not destroyed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'd replace Eitrigg with Ariok. The Burning Blade could have Lantresor or Samuro could make an appearance. And you forgot the Mok'Nathal.
    Ariok is, however, left in a rather mutated state on AU Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not, the only active element is a ghost chieftain and Orgrimmar grunts running the town in Blade's Edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Let's not declare him dead yet, his fate remains unclear.
    Unclear'ish... "Thunderlord Stronghold is a Horde town in the Blade's Edge Mountains. It was the stronghold of the Thunderlord clan until the ogre clans exterminated them. Now, new Horde forces hold it in honor of the original clan." Seems likely that they are all gone, besides the ghost of the Thunderlord chieftain is named Garm, who most likely succeeded Fenris.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not active, the grunts you see in Blade's Edge, are new Horde grunts.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is very-very-very good idea and i thinking about this for some time as well. In this case, the Horde will have some depth in its ranks and Horde need this badly.
    In addition, around the new warlords, clans with their characteristics and the boundaries of their lands, you can build stunning stories with a possible new conflict with the Alliance

I really like the idea of bringing back the clan system to the orc race. It would be great if they still form the Horde but would also have their own clans representer in Orgrimmar, and a place to live in the world of Azeroth. After losing an Orc Warchief, the orcs could restart this system and there could be factions, and more important some new leaders, clanmembers and even some (verbal) conflict between the clans. Maybe even a vote or fight over the new Warchief (strickly for the orcs, more of an orc representetive in the questions of the leaders of the Horde.