Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Google is not known for their impartiality right now, not after firing someone who made a strongly neutral memo. It's easily available online and if you only bother to read instead of buying into the outrageously stupid shitstorm created by Gizmodo et al, you'll see that it's a gross overreaction that Google decided to go along with.

So yeah, not surprising and no, we shouldn't, but we'll do as long that we have a capitalist incentive to do so.

Before I get called as pro-hate or whatever, think about Fox News and tell me that's not the case.
    Lol, it wasn't neutral. Like it was serious hyper partisan bullshit. This type of thing only appears neutral to unironic brogressives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Lol, it wasn't neutral. Like it was serious hyper partisan bullshit. This type of thing only appears neutral to unironic brogressives.
    I want you to go out, open the document, and tell me exactly what wasn't neutral with its context. I've read it. I've seen empirical data with sources to back these claims up.

I want you to open the document and point me where obvious sexism, racism, and homophobia was present.

It's not long, it's only 8 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Courage to say women are too dumb for tech. Okay.
    Quote it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I want you to go out, open the document, and tell me exactly what wasn't neutral with its context. I've read it. I've seen empirical data with sources to back these claims up.

I want you to open the document and point me where obvious sexism, racism, and homophobia was present.

Quote it.
    "On average, men and women biologically differ in many ways. These differences aren’t just socially constructed because:
    They’re universal across human cultures
    They often have clear biological causes and links to prenatal testosterone
    Biological males that were castrated at birth and raised as females often still identify and act like males
    The underlying traits are highly heritable
    They’re exactly what we would predict from an evolutionary psychology perspective
    Note, I’m not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are “just.” I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership. Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population level distributions."
    He is basically saying that women don't have that "it" to become good at tech. Nevermind that computer science was at a time a women dominated field. And no, his sources don't back up that men are biologically predisposed to tec related fields.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    He is basically saying that women don't have that "it" to become good at tech. Nevermind that computer science was at a time a women dominated field. And no, his sources don't back up that men are biologically predisposed to tec related fields.
    And he says, right after:

Non-discriminatory ways to reduce the gender gap

Below I’ll go over some of the differences in distribution of traits between men and women that I outlined in the previous section and suggest ways to address them to increase women’s representation in tech and without resorting to discrimination. Google is already making strides in many of these areas, but I think it’s still instructive to list them:

Women on average show a higher interest in people and men in things

We can make software engineering more people-oriented with pair programming and more collaboration. Unfortunately, there may be limits to how people-oriented certain roles and Google can be and we shouldn’t deceive ourselves or students into thinking otherwise (some of our programs to get female students into coding might be doing this).

Women on average are more cooperative

Allow those exhibiting cooperative behavior to thrive. Recent updates to Perf may be doing this to an extent, but maybe there’s more we can do.

This doesn’t mean that we should remove all competitiveness from Google. Competitiveness and self reliance can be valuable traits and we shouldn’t necessarily disadvantage those that have them, like what’s been done in education.

Women on average are more prone to anxiety.

Make tech and leadership less stressful. Google already partly does this with its many stress reduction courses and benefits.

Women on average look for more work-life balance while men have a higher drive for status on average

Unfortunately, as long as tech and leadership remain high status, lucrative careers, men may disproportionately want to be in them. Allowing and truly endorsing (as part of our culture) part time work though can keep more women in tech.

The male gender role is currently inflexible

Feminism has made great progress in freeing women from the female gender role, but men are still very much tied to the male gender role. If we, as a society, allow men to be more “feminine,” then the gender gap will shrink, although probably because men will leave tech and leadership for traditionally feminine roles.
    What he says is that women have different drives and goals (through empirical, sourced evidence) and that instead of pushing arbitrary numbers, we should make tech more attractive for women. How is that sexist?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote it.
    give up,

unless you agree with these lefties that women are 100% equal to men in all areas of life they wont let you go and call you misogynist all day without even reading your points.

as exactly they did to this google guy (;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Google is attempting to hide or at least manipulate search results. I know it is in their right to do so but I believe doing so is rather irresponsible.

I suppose what I am wondering is if there is some good that they are trying to accomplish that I am simply not able to see.

I don't know what are your thoughts?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion...slam-and-jihad
    By ugly truths do you mean the fact black people generally score 15 points lower on I.Q test?

Or that black people make out a disproportionate amount crime according to the FBI statistics?

Or that many of the institutions of racism regardless to any kind of test doesn't nullify the enviornment established based on race and racism on top of other forms of discrimination?

Or that black people are far often times more likely to have less opprotunities, are more likely to break the law, be charged with breaking the law with a large amount of prejudice during trial no money for a defense and a high conviction rate because of this.

Or how police are justified nearly ever single time when they blatantly break the law and execute someone who is black, and gets acquitted

Or the fact women make up a disproportionate amount of executives and pay scale due to archaic old fashion out of date traditions that suggest they are better of not taking any agency?

Or about how being gay used to be labels as a form of mental illness, and caused media propaganda to equate being gay with being a sexual deviant rapist or child molesters when the truth was and is the majority of rapes that happen and child molestation is by well known friends and members of the victims family.

Or that Gay people adopt children can be just as good or better parents than straight and absolutely are not the stereotypical image of what gay people are.

There are a lot of UGLY truths, it just depends where you want to peel back the layers and who's fucking apple cart you want to disturb, because bottom line either all that information is related or it's only ever cherry picked misapplied and propped up by someone who has CHOSEN well before any evidence what they believe and how and typically if follows a CHOICE to hate people for how they were born, as opposed to who they are?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis