Question Thread of comeback

Hello, my friends and strangers. I've got few questions for those who still playing WoW and hope you can help me.
    A little disclaimer: I played WoW like for 10-11 years as semi-hardcore player (got kills of myth archimonde, garrosh and previous badasses in actual patches).
    Then I had to stop around 7.1 (don't remember what patch it was exactly).
    So here I go with questions:
    1. Is there any possibility I will have a good time in WoW if I come back now?
    2. Is there any mechanics to catch up my artifact weapon power to be competitive enough with top mythic guilds or I will never reach this in quite short time?
    3. How elemental shamans are doing right now, in both pve and pvp situations?
    4. How's the content overall right now, is it fine or meh?

P.S. Any tips for player who didn't play WoW like for 1 year?
    Thank you!

1. We can't decide that for you because enjoyment is subjective.

2. Yes. If you have AK 25 or 40 on 1 character you can mail a book with 25 or 40 to others. But in 7.3 you will automatically gain AK 40 at 110 among with a few other perks such as 3rd relic slot unlocked automatically and no more having to do Broken Shore to unlock the extra ones. So if you didn't max out it will take a while and since you quit in 7.1 the most you will have to do is 15 levels of research.

3. Heard good things in PvE. As for PvP no idea sorry.

4. Subjective to opinion. I personally like it. I'm having good fun with LFR and Normal, doing old content for pets and mounts, mini holiday events are fun when they are up but there are no major rewards and the weekly events are pretty decent.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Maybe.
    2. Hmmmm, I don't know if it is mathemathicaly possible to out-run someone who is still running at full-speed and began the race 4 months before you. Maybe next patch, with the new Artifact Knowledge, but currently? I don't think so.
    3. I've heard they have some nice AoE!
    4. Yes.

Tips: If I was you, I wouldn't focus on mythic raiding. Too time-consuming, and the time spent there could be used finishing 5 other equally good (probably even better) games.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Sure, why not. Can always try it and find out.
    2: The catchup system means you get up to AK40 in days, not months
    3: No idea. Probably.
    4: LFR is well.. LFR. You either like it or you don't. ToS is a mediocre raid as far as I'm concerned in general, though on mythic it does get a bit better

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good Luck joining and enjoying the RNG hamster wheel WoW has become. Enjoy the obligatory content farm to get your legendaries and rep rewards.
    /spit@Blizzard