Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Ah... good to see you are growing more aggressive. Always a good sign that I'm on the right side here.
    If that's what you think determines right and wrong it's easy to see why you're unable to process the topic well enough to respond with a rebuttal.

I wish we could ignore mods. Endus is such a hypocritical, biased moron with nothing useful to ever contribute. That being said, the memo-writer is clearly NOT bigoted, for anyone that actually read the memo, and while Google is obviously completely within their rights to fire whoever they want for whatever reason they want, it's sad and pathetic that a guy clamoring for meritocracy got fired because of liberal bullcrap.

(Infracted) ~ Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-08 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    It kind of depends on who leaked it. If the author himself was the one who made this public, then you can't really argue that his SOLE purpose was to improve the company. From my point of view, there is no way this series of events occurred the way it did if this guy wanted to keep his job. He was either looking to get fired or he was willing to sacrifice his job for his beliefs. Perhaps he has quite a nest egg saved up over the years?
    I can't see any reports on who or how it was leaked, maybe someone will tell us. For all I know it was an angry leftie feminist with an axe to grind. What I do know is that it was written on an internal memo and journalists somehow got hold of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    If that's what you think determines right and wrong it's easy to see why you're unable to process the topic well enough to respond with a rebuttal.
    More along the line that you are compromised by your own emotions on the topic. If you don't know the simple lessons of polite discourse why exactly should I assume you know anything about the issues at hand?

The memo seems very fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    please do shut the fuck up about free speech.
    Lol'd

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It'd be a nicer place to work if they fired all the conservatives.

All the conservatives I know are, frankly, jerks.
    You Sir, are a perfect representation of leftists. And Stalin. You're saying that it would be a nicer place if everyone held the exact same principles as you. It is amazing to see leftists say stuff like this with a straight face, but they routinely do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    Lol'd

/10char
    If you haven't noticed, liberals and progressives hate free speech with a passion. Particularly if it's free speech that is not their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm...the memo does contain a fair amount of bullshit. He does touch on a few decent points here and there, but unfortunately the places where he failed are easy points to turn the whole thing (and him) into a punching bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Just a FYI for the millionth time. The 1st amendment (freedom of speech) and every other amendment only protects people from stuff the GOVERNMENT does to you. Google is not affiliated with the government.

I can't believe so many people on mmo-c criticise the guy's memo. You may argue, that Google as a private company can do anything it wants, but actually defending their equity policies? Wow... Looking at the skill of the players in game I knew the playerbase in dumb as fuck nowadays, but I never expected it to be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Maybe if he left it at "women don't go into these fields" instead of taking the straight up asshole route of saying they just aren't capable of those tasks, it might not have been a big deal, MAYBE.
    He pointed out the fact that fewer women than men are interested in technology and that the makeup of men at Google was based on life choices. This is abundantly supported by fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    If you are unaware, a few days ago there was a controversy sweeping Twitter regarding a leaked internal memo written by a Google engineer who wrote a manifesto complaining about Google's efforts to increase diversity in its workforce.

The employee complained that conservatives were either ignored or ridiculed, that there is a liberal bias and that women are biologically unsuitable for certain technical roles. This created a shit storm with Google's vice president for diversity (seriously) condemning the memo telling employees that these views will not be tolerated and the author of the document would be tracked down and disciplined.

Right wing bloggers were outraged saying the author is entitled to view his opinions regardless of how controversial they are. The author was being held up as a hero of free speech and anti PC.

Of course Google tracked down the author and promptly fired him. So much for free speech and freedom of views. Diversity is not diversity when everyone has to sing from the same song sheet and individual thought is forbidden.

Story here:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...diversity-memo

Full story backdrop here:
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/e...lly-at-google/
    So let me get this straight. A sexist memo detailing a "professional" opinion on how certain women are biologically unable to preform their technical roles (In software, might I say uhh. What?) and that there is liberal bias in not believing such hypocrisy? Oh man, I feel so bad for conservatives and freespeech everywhere.

Did it also talk about how blacks are biologically unsuitable for certain technical roles, or did it skip over the racism and go purely for the political bias claims?

Spoiler alert, free speech does not guarantee you a right to a platform. It also doesn't guarantee your right to employment. Welcome to America =).
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The employee complained that conservatives were either ignored or ridiculed, that there is a liberal bias and that women are biologically unsuitable for certain technical roles.
    And we're supposed to feel sorry for him ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    He pointed out the fact that fewer women than men are interested in technology and that the makeup of men at Google was based on life choices. This is abundantly supported by fact.
    That's not nearly the wording he used in his report, nor was it the tone of the arguments many right leaners who praised him.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Ah, diversity. Scraps of Marxist ideology repackaged and rebranded for 21st century.

And in the vein of Marxist ideology, it lashes out at those who refuse to worship at it's altar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I can't believe so many people on mmo-c criticise the guy's memo. You may argue, that Google as a private company can do anything it wants, but actually defending their equity policies? Wow... Looking at the skill of the players in game I knew the playerbase in dumb as fuck nowadays, but I never expected it to be as bad.
    I would rather have a professional memo written up internally at Google using proper resources and accounts of employees and their capabilities to preform their tasks.

I won't believe someone who screams political bias like that gives him an argument.

The ex-Googler who destroyed this dude and his "manifesto" pretty much covered it.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    This.

OP mislead and those with closed minds ate it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Ah, diversity. Scraps of Marxist ideology repackaged and rebranded for 21st century.

And in the vein of Marxist ideology, it lashes out at those who refuse to worship at it's altar.
    Oh wow, treating women like equal human beings is such a laborous task, it's exactly like worshipping at an altar fifteen times a day. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Just a FYI for the millionth time. The 1st amendment (freedom of speech) and every other amendment only protects people from stuff the GOVERNMENT does to you. Google is not affiliated with the government.
    Correct. So Google has stated loudly that they do not adopt the same values that the Nation where they exist was founded upon. Which is their right as a private employer. But it certainly speaks volumes about Google's management.