Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    How many people ever really get away with criticising their employer publicly?
    Only the shows on Fox.

That's why the internet was invented.

The company I work for is owned by Google. We have our own internal message boards (but not the google ones).

People don't post political stuff there, much less manifestos.

Because we're not fucking retarded. Evidently, this guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Being brought up by moderate parents, I certainly don't run around thinking I can say whatever I want without consequences and crying I should have a platform to advance socially harmful and degenerate views.
    Moderate parents huh? So did your hard left indoctrination happen during high school or perhaps you went to university? And with your political bias, have you thought about having a career at Google?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    That is the argument.

Authoritarian society that oppresses women: 50/50 ratio between men and women in social studies.

Free society: Women more interested in social studies than other fields.

Are you advocating we should oppress women like in Iran so we can reach our 'diversity' gender quotas?
    Are you advocating we should oust women from technical fields despite them having a slight, marginal disadvantage in 30% of their technical duties?

Honestly, I'd rather take women software engineers over more women in social studies. The freedom for women to make that choice is with them. At the same time, though, corporations do not get freedom of choice. Why? Because that slight disadvantage should not disqualify someone for employment. Because no human, not even men, are perfectly productive 100% of the time.

Because, and stay with me here, it's better to advocate for diversity in jobs where representation is low, than ban participation based on gender in jobs where representation is high. The other way around, men getting booted because too many of them are software engineers, would be just as bad of a solution if you paid attention to your own words.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    How many people ever really get away with criticising their employer publicly?
    This.

Evidently this waterbrained loser didn't have enough work to do. Seriously, what kind of shortsighted child posts vaguely political stuff in a manner that could effect their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Moderate parents huh? So did your hard left indoctrination happen during high school or perhaps you went to university? And with your political bias, have you thought about having a career at Google?
    My left indoctrination happened on the internet shortly after I stumbled onto Foxnews.com for the first time, personally. This was shortly after W. Bush's second election victory, and even then I found that Fox was more interested in selling their mouthpieces words than News, let alone facts.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

But he is broadly speaking, echoing the right points that a lot of people in the software industry feel, at least my end.

We're a meritocracy. It's about what you can do. Who you are? Where you come from? Nobody gives a flying fuck.

No surprise people who have absolutely nothing to do with computer science / software engineering have the most to say about it. Seriously, diversity in the work force can suck my dick. I want to work with the most qualified people there are, not something representative of America or the human race. That's just utter nonsense.

That guy was allowed to voice his opinions. No one stopped him. Google is allowed to react how they like too. WELCOME TO REAL LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    My left indoctrination happened on the internet shortly after I stumbled onto Foxnews.com for the first time, personally. This was shortly after W. Bush's second election victory, and even then I found that Fox was more interested in selling their mouthpieces words than News, let alone facts.

I agree. I'm not to big on Fox news myself, but I wouldn't just point at Fox news alone as being the only biased news channel. There're plenty of others out there from both sides of spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    https://timeline.com/women-pioneered...er-c2959b82252

So his first major point is bullshit, there's more dudes in tech cuz when programming became lucrative men worked to push women out of programming positions.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/so...o-1e3773ed1788

Reply from a more senior programmer

SO without his BS "women arent in tech cuz biology" which is a fucking moronic idea anyway. All you've got left is "won't you tolerate my intolerance!"
    The "more senior programmer" misunderstands the point of the manifesto within 2 lines. Stopped reading; he's an idiot.

At no point does the memo argue against hiring women or against women becoming engineers. It argues that Google should simply hire the people that are best and ignore their gender. If a disparity arises as a result, then that's that. Whatever.

Also, no - there was no point in which programming was dominated by women. Programming has had women, however, since the dawn of its existence. A woman wrote COBOL, for example, which is a huge step in the history of computer programming.

Some women are absolutely valuable in this field, and so are some men. That doesn't mean there's an equal amount, though, and we shouldn't hire less qualified women over more qualified men in order to make it seem 50:50.

Having your life defined by Fox News is kinda sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Who says I have an issue with women working in a field?

This is the issue with black and white thinking, the very extremism which threatens society - my point of view is that men and women should be free to choose working in whatever field they want, if it interests them, but don't try to -force- it down people's throats with extra programs and (positive) discrimination rules, that will just feel forced and will eventually be rejected by everyone.

There is this repeated notion that there is something wrong with a world in which men and women are different, something wrong with an environment in which most nurses are women, because it is something they feel more comfortable doing than men, something wrong with an environment in which men are more comfortable doing engineering and technical jobs instead of service and caretaking.

No, leave it the fuck alone, stop forcing it down people's throats before you have reactionary movements fighting back and taking everything two steps backwards again.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad we agree then. Now go tell that to everyone who is trying to make culture their own and trying to force it to be as diverse as possible.
    The problem isn't people forcing you to be as diverse as possible.

The problem is you being so far rooted in your "culture" (more like opinions with garbled religion, but we can call it "culture" if you like) that you're putting unrealistic, snowflake-esque expectations on the world, much like the people you're claiming you dislike. You're expecting people to change for you. Good luck on that.

Diversity culture, though? That change wasn't for one single person. It was for half hour species, half our voting population and the mothers of our children. Saying your petty culture is worth more than that? Do you understand why I keep calling you a snowflake now?

- - - Updated - - -

Having your life defined by Fox News is kinda sad.
    Assuming that defined my life is a bit presumptuous, don't you think?

I mean, this was like 13 years ago. I've had like 13 blowjobs since then. I'd call those life defining.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This.

Evidently this waterbrained loser didn't have enough work to do. Seriously, what kind of shortsighted child posts vaguely political stuff in a manner that could effect their job.
    This guy didn't criticise his company publically. The manifesto was LEAKED. It wasn't supposed to go public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    How do you feel about CNN's recent overwhelming failures as a news station then? Finding yourself tilt towards the right, or are you a typical hypocrite?
    Actually if you pay attention and take a close look, you'd realize the backlash CNN is getting is mostly over opinion pieces (save for the piece of fake news that was published, whom people were promptly fired for.). If you're looking for News (Notable events, weather and sports) CNN is pretty fantastic. But I don't go to CNN for opinions, just like I don't go to Fox for opinions. Fox just lost their credibility a long, long time ago.

But he is broadly speaking, echoing the right points that a lot of people in the software industry feel, at least my end.

We're a meritocracy. It's about what you can do. Who you are? Where you come from? Nobody gives a flying fuck.

No surprise people who have absolutely nothing to do with computer science / software engineering have the most to say about it. Seriously, diversity in the work force can suck my dick. I want to work with the most qualified people there are, not something representative of America or the human race. That's just utter nonsense.
    Couldn't agree more. Fuck affirmative action, give me the best person for the job. If Google wants to run their business like a progressive university student council then more fool them.

A sad turn of events. This could have been handled so much better, now we just have further animosity.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Assuming that defined my life is a bit presumptuous, don't you think?

I mean, this was like 13 years ago. I've had like 13 blowjobs since then. I'd call those life defining.
    Then you and Trump probably have a lot in common.

If you're looking for News on Trump CNN is pretty fantastic..

Just going to kind of re-phrase this for you somewhat. (I had to )

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    So you're a hypocrite, got it.
    Oh so you don't know how to separate fact from opinion. Got it.

We should make a name for people like that.

Edit: OH I KNOW! Bias babies! And all you do is cry about how biased X and Y is. It's a perfect fit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Just going to kind of re-phrase this for you somewhat. (I had to )
    Considering I got news about the dumb ride in Ohio that was apparently so rusted it killed people from CNN, kind of doubting this.

(But seriously, it was a good jab =P)

- - - Updated - - -

Then you and Trump probably have a lot in common.
    Because we both had 13 blowjobs, because we both consider blowjobs life defining?

I don't understand how this has anything to do with the don.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-08-08 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    It is really sad that no one actually read the memo. If you read it, you would realize it wasn't as bad as the (you guessed it) "liberal and progressive" news puts it. In fact, he embraced individuals, the company, and diversity, but not the way google forces its way towards it instead of naturally. Regardless of what you think of it, it was well written.
    I agree, it doesn't protect him from his firing as far as I know but you would think it might mitigate how the media should portray it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh